PDA

View Full Version : ADHD Question

WhitetailHunter
07-19-11, 08:35 PM
This may have been asked before but, i apparently have ADHD(When i was a small kid) but i have never taken MEDs for it and i have grown out of it. Can i still join the USMC? I really need to know, because the USMC is my life.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-11, 08:39 PM
IF you haven't been diagnosed as having it by a medical doctor and NEVER taken meds for it, then you don't have it. Simple as that. (Or never did have it).

IF you have been diagnosed and it's in your medical records, then you'll need to have your current doctor write something up saying you no longer have it and grew out of it, and that'll be submitted for a waiver.

WhitetailHunter
07-19-11, 08:43 PM
IF you haven't been diagnosed as having it by a medical doctor and NEVER taken meds for it, then you don't have it. Simple as that. (Or never did have it).

IF you have been diagnosed and it's in your medical records, then you'll need to have your current doctor write something up saying you no longer have it and grew out of it, and that'll be submitted for a waiver.

I'm sure its in my medical records(i will have to doub check with my parents), but i have never taken MED's as long as i can remember.

WhitetailHunter
07-19-11, 08:53 PM
I have looked up more on the subject people say that current policy is that if you have been of MEDs for a year your good to go, i have never had MEDs. Is this true?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-11, 08:55 PM
True about the meds but you'll still need to get confirmation from the 'doc.

WhitetailHunter
07-19-11, 09:07 PM
True about the meds but you'll still need to get confirmation from the 'doc.
Well i thank you for your responses, i should be alright to join. :usmc: