PDA

View Full Version : mail at bootcamp

kevcassidy
07-19-11, 07:41 PM
I had a quick question, im planning on leaving for basic next March as a reservist. I plan on attending college fall semester staring in September, roughly right around when I finish my training, to be an 0311. Now the problem is all my college acceptance letters will be coming in well im at boot camp and I will need to commit to a school, so I was wondering if at boot camp there is ample time to read and send letters and signed college forums back home and how often you get and send mail, and also if you feel that plan would even work? Thank-you

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-11, 08:38 PM
Yes, you get mail daily. You'll have time. However I don't think that plan is going to work, since you won't know your platoon, Company and battalion until you get to Recruit Training. Thats the addresses you'll need to get mail.

iamspartacus
07-20-11, 10:55 AM
Once you're in the full swing of boot camp you'll have about an hour of "square away time" every night. That's when you can read/write mail as long as all your gear is ready to go for the next day. Mail for me was sporadic, but we received it about once a week. I'd suggest having the college send everything to your parents house and then having them forward it to you at the address you give them once you get to boot camp.

achilles097
07-20-11, 12:25 PM
You'll have an hour of "square away time" every day which is enough for college letters, but after a few of weeks of boot camp you'll find yourself writing most of the other mail on Sundays.

Cpl Heglar
07-20-11, 12:40 PM
Oh how I miss boot camp. What a glorious no obligation time in my life. Now its just Bills Bills Bills.

Zulu 36
07-20-11, 02:02 PM
Profile please Mr Question Asker

SGTTru
07-25-11, 02:32 PM
Oh how I miss boot camp. What a glorious no obligation time in my life. Now its just Bills Bills Bills.

Amen, brother!! :D Mail call in boot camp was our moment of humor, at least in 3rd phase!! :D Watching the guys do numerous push-ups for the things their women wrote on the backs of letters... :D