PDA

View Full Version : Mini bootcamp

timjcrist
07-19-11, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty excited, my recruit station (Flint Michigan) heads up north to mini boot camp on Friday. In talking to my recruiter there are a bunch of team drills and fitness tests with trophies going to the winning station. My station took home the trophies last year so we gotta represent again this year! This comes at a good time as I ship in just a few weeks.

Anyone else do there mini boot camp yet this year? I'm wondering how much will be getting drilled vs team activities.

Let me know how your mini boot camp went and I'll post what happens at mine when I get back on Sunday.

93Reaper
07-22-11, 06:59 AM
Lots of threads on this already just go to the second or third page. Your mini bootcamp is also called field meet or sgt major cup

timjcrist
07-22-11, 07:17 AM
Lots of threads on this already just go to the second or third page. Your mini bootcamp is also called field meet or sgt major cup

OH haha that makes since, I had no idea what the sgt major cup was everyone was talking about. Thanks for the info I'll check out some other posts.

timjcrist
07-25-11, 08:12 AM
Got back from our "mini bootcamp" yesterday. It was a great time. There was not as much IT as I would of liked but personally I learned a TON. I had never drilled before this weekend and it showed when we started, but by the end of the weekend I learned quite abit and was confident in my drilling. My station brought home the trophy again. We ended the weekend with a 3 mile moto run with the CO and Sergeant Major. I'd be happy to answer any question if anyone has any.

Davemercd
07-27-11, 02:10 PM
Holy ****! I was there with you, this is Streeter btw. It felt good winning that trophy, again. I think we all learned something that weekend.

I will be seeing you at Boot Camp as well!