PDA

View Full Version : GI Bill benefits

Sgt Sostand
10-24-03, 07:56 PM
As of October 1, 2003, GI Bill benefits have increased.

Full-time students with GI Bill benefits can get up to $985 per month to cover the cost of their education.

This increase could mean you have as much as $35,000 to pay for your education. The GI Bill provides up to 36 months of education benefits for:

College, Business, Technical or Vocational Courses
Distance Learning including Correspondence Courses
Certification Tests
Apprenticeship/Job Training
Flight Training

If you are interested in taking advantage of your GI Bill benefits, you can receive free information from military-friendly schools. These schools have trained admissions counselors who understand the GI Bill. Click here to request information.

Additionally, Military.com has recently improved the Military Scholarship Finder. With over $300 million in scholarships and grants for servicemembers, veterans and dependents, the Scholarship Finder can help you finance your education. Click here for the Scholarship Finder.

Thank you,

P.S. Spread the word on this important benefit update. Forward the news to friends and colleagues in the military community.

kentmitchell
10-25-03, 11:10 AM
Here's a thought: In 1966, I went to college on the Cold War G.I. Bill. I got $187 a month for carrying a full load of hours.
Doesn't sound like much but in today's dollars it's $1,087 a month.
Those who use that $985 a month can look back in about 38 years and learn that it was equal to $5,752 (each month) in 2042 dollars.
Don't waste the opportunity. Best investment you'll ever make.