PDA

View Full Version : Rifleman's Creed

SoonToBe3521
07-18-11, 09:56 PM
This just crossed my mind. Does the Rifleman's Creed apply to all Marines, as they're all Riflemen, or does it apply to the literal Riflemen as in Infantrymen?

CplLakota
07-18-11, 10:48 PM
All Marines

advanced
07-19-11, 08:50 AM
If you want to advance beyond "basic rifleman", that would be "Bush Marine."

ecfree
07-19-11, 09:24 AM
ALL MARINES,are qualified rifelmen..:evilgrin:
It doesn't mater if you're a cook,pilot,or company cluck...

YLDNDN6
07-19-11, 05:55 PM
ecfree...your picture always puts the line "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy" in my mind. Clint is the man!
And, yes, all Marines are riflemen. We often qualify this statement with "on a basic level," however, there is nothing basic about a Marine's training, familiarization and usage of the service rifle, whether it be the M1, M14, M16, M4 or whatever the service rifle of the time was. No other service member, outside of Marines, is trained as thoroughly with the service rifle in Boot Camp. To become as proficient with the service rifle as a boot Marine, members of other branches have to attend additional, MOS-specific weapons training. We are THE BEST trained right out of Boot Camp, hands down. Carry on.

hussaf
07-19-11, 06:10 PM
Is that Clint Eastwood or Roland Deschain?

YLDNDN6
07-20-11, 09:42 AM
Definitely Eastwood, though the similarities are unmistakable. The pic in ecfree's icon is typical Eastwood from his spaghetti western days...or, possibly from "The Outlaw Josie Wales."

hussaf
07-20-11, 02:30 PM
Yeah, its definitely Jonsey Wales....I knew I knew it from somewhere.