PDA

View Full Version : Dream Sheet?

OVonRomer
07-18-11, 09:38 PM
I've been in the DEP for about 3 months now, and I don't know why I'm just thinking about it now but I'm curious about the 3 choices on the "dream sheet" that you fill out with your liaison at MEPS. On the dream sheet, my liaison put down 03xx/infantry for the first job, 08xx/artillery as the second, and then an Open Contract as the third. Now before I say anything more I am not complaining about an Open Contract--regardless of which MOS I'm given, the fact of earning the title is more than enough to be happy about (and if given an unwanted job, I'd certainly make the best out of it). However, at the same time, if at all possible, I'd want to be given a job I'd have an interest in.

I've been getting mixed opinions about actually being given an Infantry MOS, and I've been thinking that since it's somewhat unlikely, that they'd put me as the third choice--open contract. Do all poolees have Open Contract as their third choice, or was it just given to me (because I sure as heck didn't ask for it)? Should I change it with my recruiter?

PNW2011
07-18-11, 09:45 PM
I never filled out any dream sheet, I told my top three to my recruiter. I was AG/DB/DD

Didn't get my first two due to my colorblindness

Redsfan293
07-19-11, 12:33 AM
I never filled out any dream sheet, I told my top three to my recruiter. I was AG/DB/DD

Didn't get my first two due to my colorblindness
Colorblindness is a pain in the ass, I failed too. I also never got a dream sheet, I just went over the open jobs that I qualified for, which was slim because of the colorblindness.

93Reaper
07-19-11, 07:19 AM
I never filled put a dream sheet at MEPS, my recruiter got me a DB contract before i even went to MEPS. No one smart goes in on an open contract, get your self squared away with a job as soon as you can. We had kids in the same position as you, they picked a job for the recruiters to look out for if a spot opens up.

PNW2011
07-19-11, 02:36 PM
Most people DO have an open dep contract, that's because the job you want just isn't available. I'm waiting until october for my contract..

Sadeghian
07-19-11, 05:07 PM
My recruiter knew from the get go I wanted Infantry so we never filled my dream sheet. When I DEP'd in, there were no infantry positions available so he tried getting me Field Radio Op and Combat Engineer, both of which I am DQ'd for because of the colorblindness... FINALLY an infantry spot opened up like a month after a I DEP'd :)

IHaveEGA843
07-19-11, 06:29 PM
Never did a dream sheet probably because I'm going Reserves.

Well I'm on my 3 tour at MEPS now and I'm currently posting this reply from the hotels computer. I was open contract and when the new jobs came out I got to pick from them first. Now I have a job selected and about to swear in for the 2nd time tomorrow.

OVonRomer
07-19-11, 09:51 PM
My recruiter knew from the get go I wanted Infantry so we never filled my dream sheet. When I DEP'd in, there were no infantry positions available so he tried getting me Field Radio Op and Combat Engineer, both of which I am DQ'd for because of the colorblindness... FINALLY an infantry spot opened up like a month after a I DEP'd :)

So how come I had 3 choices put down on a dream sheet? Is it because none of the jobs I selected were open?

Sadeghian
07-19-11, 10:58 PM
Hey for that month and a half that I didn't have infantry, I was open contract, and I was ready to go to RT with it if it came down to it

PNW2011
07-20-11, 01:51 AM
I don't think I would enlist with an open contract. As much as I want to be a Marine I don't want to be sent to the MOS that no one is enlisting in.

If intel falls through I will be going infantry as well.