PDA

View Full Version : Marine Vet Considered For Moh

CplLakota
07-18-11, 09:55 AM
I did some looking around on the forum and didnt see this posted, if it is, my bad. are you folks aware that a fellow Marine Veteran is being considered for the Medal of Honor for actions in 2008 i think it is, that saved the lives of 4 people. I saw this on CNN online the other day when SFC Petry was receiving his MOH. His name is Sgt Dakota Meyer he was a Cpl then, itI happened in afganistan. As I understand it he was orig going to be awarded the Navy Cross till it got to the Commandant's desk and he said, I dont think so, this warrants the MOH. Anyway, the last i can find on the internet is from july 12, maybe somone else has sources that can confirm other info.

Semper Fi

Ed Palmer
07-18-11, 10:01 AM
Ambush survivor up for Medal of Honor <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Dan Lamothe - Staff writer <br />
Posted : Monday Nov 8, 2010 21:35:01 EST

thediesel713
07-18-11, 05:43 PM
Hope the man gets it. The Army seems to be handing them out. Don't get me wrong, the two living recipients deserve everything they get. But that LCpl that jumped on the grenade in Iraq only got a Navy Cross and he died. SFC losses hand= MOH. Its gotta balance out sometime IMHO.

S/F

hbharrison
07-18-11, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the post Steve, did not know this or even hear anything about it, pray he gets it.

DRB
07-18-11, 06:17 PM
I hope he gets it.

micarr57
07-18-11, 09:28 PM
i hadn't heard of this i hope he gets it sounds like he deserves it