PDA

View Full Version : Motor T

cth213
07-18-11, 12:46 AM
I am shipping out in Sept. even though its not the job I am really wanting, I got Motor T, I know a little about what they do from my own research, but I'd like to know what the day to day life would be on deployments, is it likely I would be deployed, and is it a combat mos if so what would I be seeing

Also is it likely that I could tryout for recon even though I would be Motor T.

Thank you

hbharrison
07-18-11, 03:31 AM
Don't know about going Recon from Motor-T. But in Motor-T you will be where ever they need the supplies, Motor-T has to get the supplies to the Grunts no matter what is going on. Just remember one thing "When Driving through H*ll don't stop drive Faster". Good luck!!

doc h fmf
07-18-11, 06:46 AM
Motor Transport Also Support The Corpsmen Some Times You Guys Made The Diffrense Between Life And Death.
So Be Proud Of Your Job Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

hbharrison
07-18-11, 08:40 AM
Doc correct just because there is no red cross on the side of that truck does not mean squat, you do what needs to done when it needs to done. A Doc comes up to you and tells you hes got Marines he needs to get to Hospital don't ask for your orders just do it.

Yes, and sometimes it is boring as h*ll and all you do is clean and clean that truck until you think the paint is going to come off, just suck it up because things change and fast.

thewookie
07-18-11, 08:49 AM
I started out Motor T, I went in open contract and even though I didn't want the job - I got it. :) If you go to a grunt or victor unit as Motor T you will deploy. Your daily job will consist of driving if you are a 31 or fixing things if you are a 21. On your first contract you won't do much but Motor T -- you might get a shot at other units, but you're going to have to do some time in the motorpool first.

When and if you re-enlist you will have some options of other things to do. MARSOC looks for other MOS's other than 03's for support. You could lateral move to 03 which could eventually get you to Recon/MARSOC as a trigger puller. Or you could go to MSG or MCSF. Many more options to get out of Motor T once you have done some time.

Early on -- not so much.

Good luck.

Zulu 36
07-18-11, 11:06 AM
Motor T is like a box of chocolates. You don't know where you're going because 3500s go every where. Grunt, logistics, aviation, medical, you just never know. If it's a unit getting shot at, you get shot at. If it's a REMF unit, such is life.

I started out as a 3531 and six years later I had served all over and was school trained in four MOS'. I was shot at, I was in REMF units, aviation units, division units, attached, detached, TAD, and accidentally in the wrong unit at the right time (or maybe it was vice versa).

With Motor T, you just never know.

cth213
07-18-11, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the replys and awnsering my question this has helped