PDA

View Full Version : all figured out?

upcoming Marine
07-17-11, 11:28 PM
so after high school i want to join the Marine Corps and be 0331, or a SAW gunner. while in the Corps i want to go through medical school so once i get out i can become a nurse, alotta chicks are nurses, and chicks dig Marines:cool:, or maybe a policeman, or firefighter. i was raised in a very conservitive family, but when i mention the Corps my parents say hell no and wont even listen. they dont support me at all. how can i get them to support my decision?

Lisa 23
07-18-11, 07:15 AM
Do a search on the site . "Parent topics" have been covered before.

hbharrison
07-18-11, 08:49 AM
Glad you think you have it all figured out, as for your parents if they do not support you they will more than likly not change. When you turn 18 it will be your choice and only your choices that count. If you want something you and you alone must make it happen.

Zulu 36
07-18-11, 10:56 AM
"Go to medical school while in the Corps to become a nurse and get chicks. Or maybe a policeman or firefighter."

Try to set some realistic goals, like graduating high school first.

advanced
07-18-11, 12:12 PM
Maybe so Dave, but you can still be a cop or a fireman while in the Corps. I sure am glad I was in while you could still go to medical school.

advanced
07-18-11, 12:16 PM
Absolutely, Russ. Corps has many cops and firefighters---the original poster didn't mean that as an MOS but being a cop or firefighter WHILE in the Corps

Being a doctor never interested me, Russ, so I was one of the few who just did my MOS duties and got out.

I know, I saw them everywhere. Did I tell you that I was a cop in the MC before I became a Dr.?

advanced
07-18-11, 12:19 PM
I don't know about the wisdom of going through all the trouble of boot camp etc just to meet a few girls. Can't that be done elsewhere just as easily, Russ?

I'll have to think about that. I actually think the girls in the Nam were much nicer than the ones in Newark.

Zulu 36
07-18-11, 12:46 PM
I'll have to think about that. I actually think the girls in the Nam were much nicer than the ones in Newark.

Cuter, for certain.

Cpl Heglar
07-18-11, 12:48 PM
I heard the girls of Nam were really really nice to the GI's.

advanced
07-18-11, 12:58 PM
I heard the girls of Nam were really really nice to the GI's.

That is correct sir. I hate to brag but they really liked me especially. All of them always called me "You #1 GI.

advanced
07-18-11, 01:04 PM
Of course they would be, all the GIs were doctors, besides being soldiers and Marines

I wasn't the kind that asked you to look the other way and cough, that was Mongoose. I was the one that said "Verrry, Verrry Interrrestinng."

Cpl Heglar
07-18-11, 01:33 PM
Hey I actually gave a WM a breast exam once just being helpful. :)

chulaivet1966
07-18-11, 01:58 PM
Hey I actually gave a WM a breast exam once just being helpful. :)

Of course....
I consumed (2) Heineken yesterday for medicinal reasons only.:)

Carry on....

Tennessee Top
07-18-11, 02:23 PM
The OP was home schooled...apparently he didn't get out much and his parents have him under their thumbs right where they want him! Look out world when he is set free from mommy and daddy!!

Mongoose
07-18-11, 06:21 PM
When I was young I always wanted to ride on the back of those garbage trucks. Didn't have to walk very much, and there was always plenty to eat. Does the Corps have a MOS for that. Might tempt me to go back in.

advanced
07-18-11, 08:07 PM
Billy, there are probably a lot of garbage MOSs but not garbage trucks MOS....but today?? you never know......nothing surprises me anymore. LOL

Well, Billy can pick up my garbage any time and I'll make sure we trash enough so there is plenty for you to eat. I'll even make sure no one drinks the last sip of their beers so Billy can enjoy himself even more, just like he did in the Nam.

upcoming Marine
07-18-11, 08:24 PM
i dont want to be a Marine to meet chicks, i want to be Marine to serve my country.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-18-11, 09:13 PM
I'd like you to be someone who enjoys using grammar...correctly. Why don't you try reading the RULES of the forum first regarding THAT particular issue.

And I'd like to be a unicorn herder when I grow up.

But only for the benefits.

upcoming Marine
07-18-11, 09:30 PM
The OP was home schooled...apparently he didn't get out much and his parents have him under their thumbs right where they want him! Look out world when he is set free from mommy and daddy!!
is there something wrong with being home schooled? actually i just started home schooling for highschool. if i didnt, i would be a p.o.s druggy with no life. i have never done drugs, but all my friends did so i was bound to.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-18-11, 09:39 PM
Actually, there is NOTHING wrong with it. However, since you are speaking with a MSgt of Marines, watch your TONE.

And, the next post you post, better show me some grammar, punctuation, and spelling that says you ARE home schooled and have some modicum of intelligence....otherwise, you'll be tossed from here for violating site rules.

Understand?

upcoming Marine
07-18-11, 09:47 PM
Actually, there is NOTHING wrong with it. However, since you are speaking with a MSgt of Marines, watch your TONE.

And, the next post you post, better show me some grammar, punctuation, and spelling that says you ARE home schooled and have some modicum of intelligence....otherwise, you'll be tossed from here for violating site rules.

Understand?
Aye Aye sir.