Listin to 60s and 70s radio over TV.
Woodworkin tools over a damm computer.
Conservative talk.
Goin to work over some vacation.
Growin corn over posies.
Beer over whiskey.
Well water over Sparklets.
Home grown eggs.
Livin in the desert, rather than dealin with a bunch o wossies.
A mom and Pop shop rather than a chain.
Havin my guns loaded on my nite stand.
Plantin my own trees,,,,and my long loved dogs.
I prefer Lep over some cause he never judged me.
Bulky too.

You old farts got a pref? I got plenty more,,, Like prefeering to associate with Marines. :iwo:

Tennessee Top
07-17-11, 08:54 PM
I pretty much prefer the same stuff. My hobby is bass fishing and have a new bass boat so I like to get on the trolling motor and throw my plugs around instead of sitting on the bank.

Defenitely prefer associating with Devil Dogs more than anybody else but they're hard to come by here in East Tennessee. Sometimes I regret not retiring near a USMC base but I came here for a job offer and the bass fishing opportunities on the Tennessee River.

sparkie
07-17-11, 09:02 PM
Plenty o old Marines in Pahrump. Just go to Walmart and wear the right hat or shirt. You will talk to 10. I prefer fishing on the bank with a worm.

sparkie
07-17-11, 09:18 PM
Dave,,,,,,, You got a little more than that? Just askin,,,,,,,

And Top,,,,,,, I prefer a jitterbug.

Old Marine
07-17-11, 09:36 PM
I prefer flippen to casting.:evilgrin:

Tennessee Top
07-18-11, 02:33 AM
Dave,,,,,,, You got a little more than that? Just askin,,,,,,,

And Top,,,,,,, I prefer a jitterbug.

I like to throw a buzzbait (similar to a jitterbug). But, a professional BASSMASTER Elite fisherman showed me how he modifies his a couple weeks ago. And no, I ain't giving away any of his secrets to you old farts:p

hbharrison
07-18-11, 02:59 AM
Got no problem with anything you say. Do like to set on the bank and put a large chunk of liver on a hook and see if'n I can hook me a big oh Citty fish.

m14ed
07-18-11, 03:03 AM
sparkie (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=27562) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_790852", true); </script>
Marine
Free Member (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/payments.php)

Black leather shoes.
Short haircut.
Jeans over shorts, no matter what temp.
Starch foods over frilly stuff.
An honest woman over a sexy one. {Meebe why I been married 40 years]
A heavy American car.
Still fishing over casting all day.
Listin to 60s and 70s radio over TV.
Woodworkin tools over a damm computer.
Conservative talk.
Goin to work over some vacation.
Growin corn over posies.
Beer over whiskey.
Well water over Sparklets.
Home grown eggs.
Livin in the desert, rather than dealin with a bunch o wossies.
A mom and Pop shop rather than a chain.
Havin my guns loaded on my nite stand.
Plantin my own trees,,,,and my long loved dogs.
I prefer Lep over some cause he never judged me.
Bulky too.

I like to throw a buzzbait (similar to a jitterbug). But, a professional BASSMASTER Elite fisherman showed me how he modifies his a couple weeks ago. And no, I ain't giving away any of his secrets to you old farts:p

Buzzbait,Shmuzzmate,Bassmaster-Assmaster,,,,grenades are faster/takes all the waiting and wonder out of the formula....

I wanna ask, how the heck to get them HomeGrown Eggs to Sprout ??
I saw that, planted a couple dozen or so out in the back yard.
Naturally, not have tried this before , im smart enough to try planting
half the eggs with the big side up, and the other half with the small side up..
But , i'd sure appreciate if you could give me hints on how much to water, and how long they're gonna take to sprout ?

Sgt Jim
07-18-11, 07:45 AM
I prefer not to judge or be judged.

03Foxtrot
07-18-11, 07:47 AM
Sgt. Jim,

Well said !

AKA HITMAN
07-18-11, 08:26 AM
Only thing I catch when fishing is a buzz....
*I'd prefer to live in the desert,but the jobs in Texas
*I'd prefer to use my truck as a battering ram on some of the border bros. when they drive....
* I prefer beer over liquor, good beer that is.
* I prefer not to smoke anything
* I prefer my women a little on the bigger side
* I prefer shorts over jeans year round..

Sgt Jim
07-18-11, 08:09 PM
I prefer riding my motorcycle over driving my truck,but not in the snow

sparkie
07-18-11, 08:57 PM
I prefer out on the road takin care o customers rather than bein in the office on computer shet,,,,,like today.

Phantom Blooper
07-18-11, 09:05 PM
An honest woman over a sexy one. {Meebe why I been married 40 years]

Why can't I prefer both Sparkie?:beer:

sparkie
07-19-11, 01:29 PM
Go adead,,, get yerself shot.

Rocky C
07-19-11, 02:23 PM
I prefer speaking to Veterans rather than anyone else.
Of course, Marines always come first.

" It is What it is "

Marine84
07-19-11, 07:48 PM
awwwwww we need a group hug now!

I prefer talking to Marines myself. I guess it's because nobody flinches when I curse.

I prefer NOT to drink (too many meds that it won't mix well with).

I also prefer to smoke just because I enjoy it. If you dont, you can either quit breathing or walk away. Harrassing me about it could be hazardous to YOUR health!

I prefer tall men over short men.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-19-11, 08:46 PM
Dang Sparkie...thanks for the kind words.

I prefer books over TV most of the time
I prefer smart, sexy women over plastic bimbos (Married almost 25 years now...must be workin LOL).
I prefer honesty over political correctness
I prefer Marines over any other branch..since I can still TALK to them.
I prefer Whiskey
I prefer Ceegars over Cigs (haven't dragged a Marlboro in over 6 years)
I prefer a .45 over any other pistol
I prefer staying at home to going away

I prefer hanging out here because ya'll are my pals.

sparkie
07-20-11, 03:14 PM
84,,,I'm 6'2",,,, but [sigh], I prefer honest women.

Lep, I'm in love with my M1911, but wouldn't mind cheatin on her with a new Ruger 44mag wheel gun.

P.S. Got in real trouble over that honest over sexy thing. Must remember to close this site when at home.

Phantom Blooper
07-20-11, 03:56 PM
P.S. Got in real trouble over that honest over sexy thing. Must remember to close this site when at home.

Dat's why I said I prefer both......

And why do tou only like Lep & Bulky? Dat makes me sad:cry:...I ain't never judged you Otis!:beer:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ecfree
07-20-11, 03:59 PM
Plenty o old Marines in Pahrump. Just go to Walmart and wear the right hat or shirt. You will talk to 10. I prefer fishing on the bank with a worm.
Hey SPARKIE,does the worm bring a 12 pack and carry on a conversation with you,or does he sing a tune ????????:D:D
SEMPER FI:iwo:..........................Ed

Marine84
07-20-11, 05:46 PM
OH Sparkie! I would have lied to you years ago old man (and I say that lovingly) but, now, I'm too old and slow to try keeping up with what I've told or haven't. So, if you ask, you get a real answer.

FistFu68
07-20-11, 09:04 PM
:beer: I prefer too B-Me,Love Snail Mail,Using Minnows or Worms when I Fish,Country Music,My Bolo instead of a Tie,Wearing My Tony Lama Boot's,and Riding in tha Desert with My Good Hearted Wife...I Prefer My 44 Mag,in My Left Hand and My 1911 In My Right one when I shoot,Wait till I have a Few Cold Beers and then I'll ratchet up My Prefrences :beer: :iwo:

sparkie
07-20-11, 09:06 PM
Bloop,,,,without question, you have ALWAYS been a good friend. sorry for my post. I am Amiss of all the friends I have here and left out. The new group I don't know,,,, but I know you.

sparkie
07-20-11, 09:17 PM
OH Sparkie! I would have lied to you years ago old man (and I say that lovingly) but, now, I'm too old and slow to try keeping up with what I've told or haven't. So, if you ask, you get a real answer.

"old man,,,,," Yea,,, I am awaire. Thus said, I've always known you are a sexy thang to me... But bigger,,,,,, I am so glad to be your friend. If I were hungry, you would feed me. If I were lost, you would find me. If I were homeless, you would would give me shelter. If I needed love, I don't worry,,,, I got that from you already. Nuf said. :iwo:

kabar1
07-20-11, 09:20 PM
i moved out of FLA. got tired of palm trees im in the mountains now and could not be happier plus i am closer to Camp Swampy you know CAMP LEJUNE.

sparkie
07-20-11, 09:21 PM
Fist,,,,,,what the fk can I say? I always wish I could share your past. What's done is done. What we have is our dreams.

FistFu68
07-20-11, 09:26 PM
:evilgrin: Dreams come True Brother,just gotta keep tha Faith;GodBless Ya SPARKIE here's too Ya :beer: :iwo:

sparkie
07-20-11, 09:49 PM
Fist,,,,,, you have always been my brother of brothers. Come up to Vegas and we will down a beer. It would be an honor.

sparkie
07-20-11, 09:54 PM
It seems this is a shoot the **** thread,,,,,,,,, I like it. Might be a sticky like my old ***** corners. Lep,,,,, I like this. kinda like chewin the fat with friends.

doc h fmf
07-20-11, 09:59 PM
I Can Tell Your A Good And Reasonable Man Who Wants The Basic Things In Life Like Me.
Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

sparkie
07-20-11, 10:08 PM
Doc,,,,,,, I love my family, I love freedom, I love the Constitution, I love God, And I love friends like you.

doc h fmf
07-20-11, 10:23 PM
Thank You Sparkie The Pleasure Is All Mine To Know You And The Other Great Brothers Here On Leatherneck.com.
Again Semper Fi And Godbless

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

m14ed
07-21-11, 04:50 AM
84 said it earlier

Group Hugg !!!

Can,t believe i said that.

kabar1
07-27-11, 01:11 PM
it would my honor to salute a brother MARINE with cold beer.

sparkie
07-29-11, 09:37 AM
I prefer Steel Reserve. I know you Marines can hack that.

Mongoose
07-29-11, 10:03 AM
I like just being me. I like to wear tennis shoes, no socks. Cut off blue jean shorts and sleeve less tee shirts. I'll wear clothes until they are so worn out, they're indecent. Comes from being poor growing up I guess. I won't put on a show for anyone. What you see is what you get. There are only two things I'll put a suit on for. A wedding or a funeral. Finding this site was like finding a part of your family, you never met.

FistFu68
07-29-11, 10:06 AM
:beer: Can't Argue with Dat Spakie,drank a Steel Reserve that I found under tha Front Seat of My Pickup Truck,Kinda warm but I've always Drank those Brewski's for tha BUZZ...Sure the F**k beats the Miller Or Coors Lite BUZZ That's 4 Shooo:beer: :D

hbharrison
07-29-11, 10:12 AM
I like just being me. I like to wear tennis shoes, no socks. Cut off blue jean shorts and sleeve less tee shirts. I'll wear clothes until they are so worn out, they're indecent. Comes from being poor growing up I guess. I won't put on a show for anyone. What you see is what you get. There are only two things I'll put a suit on for. A wedding or a funeral. Finding this site was like finding a part of your family, you never met.

Billy I say YES Brother if'n they don't like the way I dress or how I wish to live my life they can "Bite Me".

kabar1
07-29-11, 04:37 PM
how about Killians Irish RED

FistFu68
07-29-11, 04:53 PM
:beer: I'll drink any BEER W/My Marine Brothers 'cept Tha PIZZ Water made in MEXICO :beer: :iwo:

bootlace15
07-29-11, 09:01 PM
All you Marines are the best brothers and sisters
a man could ever want. I'm enjoyin a nice big fat chew and sipin some cold diet root beer reading all these fine posts.

FistFu68
07-29-11, 09:11 PM
:evilgrin: Lace I'm gonna send You some Root Beer that is AWESOME made by SPECKIER (SP???) Made in WIS CON SIN It's smooth like You Brother S/F Go Easy~~~India 3 out~~~:beer: :thumbup:

jerry0503222
07-29-11, 10:24 PM
One day after school the teacher said to his students, "Tomorrow morning, if any one of you can answer my first question, I will permit him or her to go home earlier."The next day, when the teacher came into the classroom, he found the blackboard daubed . He was very angry and asked, "Who did it? Please stand up!" "It's me," said Bob, "Now, I can go home. Good-bye, Sir."
coach handbags (http://www.discount-coach-handbags-outlet.com)
Office 2007 (http://www.office-2007-professional.com)
office 2010 (http://www.office2010c.com)

jamielang1951
07-29-11, 10:50 PM
I prefer;

.44 Super Blackhawk over an auto
bow over a rifle
white water canoe over a outboard
friends over a wife. (4 wives, dummy went for looks)
Marine and police friends over others
kids and grand kids over anything
tents & gear over a camper
boondocks over camp areas
bicycle over running
eating what I want over dieting
scotch and beer chaser over fancy mixed drinks (can't drink now though)
fishing over hunting (gave up hunting after losing my hunting buddy, Daddy)
horse over 4wheeler
Harley over a riceburner

and

SEX OVER SLEEPING:banana::bunny::banana:

bootlace15
07-30-11, 01:24 AM
Bottoms up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usmc::flag:

sparkie
07-30-11, 08:21 AM
I prefer coffee on the porch at 0430 watchin the lightening on the southern horizion. Beautiful day in the desert.

VictoryttBold
07-30-11, 09:35 AM
:iwo:I prefer women w/ big cans and a nice caboose.

FistFu68
07-30-11, 09:55 AM
:evilgrin: I Prefer Eatin My Wife out with My Eyes OPEN :p :iwo:

VictoryttBold
08-01-11, 09:10 PM
:iwo:I prefer strong coffee and "real beer", none of that light trash.

sparkie
08-02-11, 09:15 PM
I prefer Marines who can stir up a stink, and make a mess. Kinda like Chesty. and a few others I know 'round here.

VictoryttBold
08-02-11, 09:49 PM
:iwo:I prefer "mom & pop" restaurants over the chains.