PDA

View Full Version : To All The Combat Vets

CplLakota
07-17-11, 10:07 AM
Im brand new to this forum but ive been looking for something like this for awhile to exspress thoughts with fellow Marines and maybe help those who are thinking they want to earn the "Title". Thank you to all those who have come before me and have served in combat, especially the Vietnam Veterans, the way this country treated you was disgraceful, and everytime my wife and I see a nam vet we stop and say thanks. To those who have served and fought in all the other wars up to now I say thank you as well for your commitment. I never served in Combat, the closest I came was going on alert while at Camp Pendleton when the Iatohla khmani went nuts, i was TAD to the MEU. anyway thank you and Semper Fi

Ray Merrell
07-17-11, 10:23 AM
Thank you CplLakota, Every one was equally important, those in combat and those not. All had their job to do. Welcome to the forum.

Gung Ho,

Ray

jerryk
07-17-11, 10:27 AM
cpl.thank you for the kind words about the nam vets.i hope no vets now is treated like we was and i am a combat marine i show respect to all vets not like some on here now ,again thanks SEMPER FIDELIS

doc h fmf
07-17-11, 11:41 AM
Thank You For Your Service Too Steve. Iam A Desert Storm Vet I Was There But Didnt See Any Combat Action So Your Are Equal To Me Iam No Better.
Semper And Godbless My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

chulaivet1966
07-17-11, 12:02 PM
cpl.thank you for the kind words about the nam vets.i hope no vets now is treated like we was and i am a combat marine i show respect to all vets not like some on here now ,again thanks SEMPER FIDELIS

Cool pics of the 105's.

Carry on....

hbharrison
07-17-11, 12:23 PM
Thankyou Steve, and welcome to the site. We all served some in combat some not but at the end of the day we are all still Brothers and Sisters.

Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch

7583 1968 1974
07-18-11, 06:15 AM
It always helps when a brother Marine says, "Thanks," & 'Welcome Home."

All I ever remember is being called a baby killer, & some old b__ch throwing her groceries at us. We some so ashamed, that we went into the men's head at the airport & changed into civilian clothes.

Thanks again for the well-needed words.

ecfree
07-18-11, 08:05 AM
Thanks STEVE..:thumbup::thumbup:
SEMPER FI:iwo:..........Ed

FistFu68
07-18-11, 09:27 AM
:usmc: Walk Tall Marines Semper Fidelis :usmc: :iwo:

advanced
07-19-11, 08:16 AM
Coming from you I can accept that. Last evening we finally got a good rainfall. As always I got a cold beer and sat out on the lanai and watched it. I thanked the Gods again for not making me sleep out in it tonight, and for all the abundance in my life. And I thought of my lost brothers - the rain does that to me.