PDA

View Full Version : New Recruit Mom

Cariessa
07-16-11, 08:54 AM
Hello! My son is starting his fourth week at MCRD San Diego. We don't have a long family history with the Corps, just one Uncle on my side of the family, but it was enough to inspire my boy to choose to become a Marine.

When he was 12 years old we attended a Bronze Star ceremony for my Uncle. He was awarded the honor for events that had happened over 60 years prior at Iwo Jima. The ceremony and story behind the award inspired my son and when the different branch recruiters began contacting his Senior class he knew the Marine Corps was where he wanted to be.

I couldn't be more proud of my boy and cannot wait to know he can proudly wear his EGA.

Semper Fi from a soon to be Marine Mom!

YLDNDN6
07-16-11, 01:27 PM
Congratulations to your son for taking on the challenge, and much appreciation to you for being supportive of his decision. I'm sure he will do well and make you even prouder. I wish you and your son the very best!

Kelly11971
07-16-11, 02:50 PM
Congratulations! ! There is nothing like being a Marine mom,wife or daughter were a special breed.
Fathers, sons and brothers are wonderful to but they are males and think different. LOL;)