PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get back in

SgWhitehorse28
07-15-11, 12:57 AM
I have been out for a year now, I have not adjusted so well. I fee lost and even though I got married since I have been out something is missing in my life. She understands this. I talked to a PSR awhile back and not much came from it. I want back in but I do not want the same MOS. I was a critical MOS and they said that if I want back in it has to be that MOS or to try to get the monitor to drop me, which they said never happens. Any Ideas?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-11, 01:00 AM
You may have to suck it up. If it's a critical MOS they are LOATHE to drop folks in those jobs. Worst case, you do it, then try and lat move to ANOTHER critical MOS after a year or so, like Intelligence or CounterIntel.

Dealing with the PSR's is a real pain, since it's pretty much unless you go to them personally, with all paperwork and tell them you are ready to leave...NOW, they are swamped and don't even bother.

Also, moved this one to the 'Bay, you'll likely get more responses here. Welcome aboard!

SgWhitehorse28
07-15-11, 01:08 AM
Thank you for replying and moving it for me.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-11, 01:10 AM
Can do. Not tryin to toss cold water on it but that seems to be the way it is. PSR's are swamped with Marines trying to come back....believe me, I've been there. Worth going in person with paperwork in hand, but you'll have to be PERSISTANT and ready to roll at a moments notice..that includes taking a full blown PFT as well.

SgWhitehorse28
07-15-11, 01:13 AM
I have been out a year and have not keep up on my PT. Im not out of shape just not in the same shape as I was when I got out. It has been hard to motivate myself because I feel lost out here.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-15-11, 01:31 AM
We all feel that way, believe me, from time to time. Chin up brother, you are at about the point we all hit sooner or later, no matter how much or how little time you have in. That siren call gets us all LOL.