PDA

View Full Version : PLC question

jahuski35
07-13-11, 09:44 PM
When i go to college I want to either attend PLC or NROTC-MO. The thing that i was wondering most was which will teach me better "Leadership" skills so to speak and other valuable Marine corps aspects before I accept my commission as a 2nd Lt.

DIBLO7
07-15-11, 08:27 AM
With PLC it totally depends on your OSO. If they have functions to get all the PLCers together the PLC program has the ability to "teach" you lots of things. Otherwise I would say the NROTC is the way to go to learn more leadership and military skills before commissioning.

Either way, all that NROTC does is give you an slight initial advantage in preparation since you'll get taught all the same knowledge over again through OCS and TBS.

03Mike
07-15-11, 12:21 PM
While I will echo what DIBLO7 said above, I'll also contend that a lot depends on you. Doing a little professional reading on your own will help too. NROTC has some definite benefits, in that it is there throughout the school year - but I really don't think that you would be at a disadvantage going in to TBS out of PLC rather than NROTC.