PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Church is at it again...

Lisa 23
07-11-11, 05:31 PM
Westboro church to picket Betty Ford funeral services

The fundamentalist and anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church has announced plans to picket funeral services in California and Michigan for former first lady Betty Ford, who died Friday at age 93.

The Grand Rapids Press reports that the small congregation, consisting mostly of family members of founder Fred Phelps, announced on its website that it will demonstrate because Ford divorced her first husband, then married the future president, Gerald Ford.

In Westboro's eyes, that makes Ford an adulterer who "loved to sit with tawdry reporters and blather about sex."

The group, based in Topeka, Kan., plans to picket Tuesday at services at Saint Margaret Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, Calif., and Thursday at Grace Episcopal Church in East Grand Rapids when her casket travels to the Gerald R. Ford Museum for burial.

The church has become notorious for picketing the funerals of military personnel, calling their deaths God's punishment for U.S. tolerance of homosexuals. The Supreme Court ruled that their demonstrations are protected by the First Amendment.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/westboro-church-to-picket-betty-ford-funeral-services/1

Conch
07-11-11, 07:04 PM
Fvck The Wbc!

E4B0861
07-13-11, 08:39 AM
I know it goes without saying, but if you haven't actually watched an interview with these people, you really should. Just to see how blatantly ignorant and narrow their views and opinions are. Makes me sick to my stomach to think that people like that exist.

hbharrison
07-13-11, 09:40 AM
They have for the past two months been visited by a group of bikers from Colorado each week end. They are not happy campers right now, I LIKE IT anything that p*sses them off is great to me. Been talking to people around here to try and get more bikers going on the same thing. Like to see about 1000 bikers show up one day that would be fun.

awbrown1462
07-13-11, 10:11 AM
At Betty Fords funeral in Ca some first Ladies will be there can't wait to see what the Secret Service will do about it

Sgt Leprechaun
07-13-11, 10:23 PM
I think EVERYONE that has a chance should do exactly to THEM what they are inflicting on the rest of US. Have a 'Gay pride' parade down their street one week. The next, set up ALL the military recruiting booths blaring patriotic music. Etc. Keep it up, morning noon and night with various and sundry stuff. Every time one of them leaves their 'compound' follow along at a 'safe' distance, carrying an American flag or a service flag. Etc etc.

They hate this place so much? Make em WANT to leave.

Marinefelon
07-13-11, 10:39 PM
Why couldn't a hijacked airliner crash into their HQ?

Sgt Leprechaun
07-13-11, 10:57 PM
LOL. As long as it was empty.

Marinefelon
07-13-11, 11:07 PM
LOL. As long as it was empty.

I hope you mean the Airliner.....

Hammer
07-14-11, 06:29 AM
Let Westboro come on back to Mississippi! We know how to handle those folks; the bunch of idiots that they are. Our local Sheriffs department kept those folks (all of them) in custody, until the funeral of Marine Staff Sergeant Jason Rogers was over.

FistFu68
07-14-11, 10:09 AM
:evilgrin: Timothy McVeigh you KnuckleHead You blew the Wrong People up!!!:beer: :iwo:

EGA1957
07-14-11, 02:23 PM
Let Westboro come on back to Mississippi! We know how to handle those folks; the bunch of idiots that they are. Our local Sheriffs department kept those folks (all of them) in custody, until the funeral of Marine Staff Sergeant Jason Rogers was over.
Were it that simple: http://cjonline.com/news/2011-04-28/miss-sheriff-online-wbc-reports-are-false

Cpl Heglar
07-14-11, 02:47 PM
This church's congregation needs an beer and baking soda enema.

Osotogary
07-14-11, 02:47 PM
The church has become notorious for picketing the funerals of military personnel, calling their deaths God's punishment for U.S. tolerance of homosexuals.
Living in glass houses, throwing stones. He who is without sin cast the first stone...etc. Until someone can prove to me that the members of this church/cult and it's founder is/are bonafide, certifiably, pure and that their sh*t doesn't stink, they can kiss my bottom...maybe more than once. (Well, maybe not. I might get infected.)

Hammer
07-14-11, 06:16 PM
Were it that simple: http://cjonline.com/news/2011-04-28/miss-sheriff-online-wbc-reports-are-false

False? Believe what you want. I was involved; I live here.

EGTSpec
07-14-11, 06:34 PM
Amazing to me that so many retards can come from one family. It's gotta be a record.

hbharrison
07-14-11, 09:29 PM
Amazing to me that so many retards can come from one family. It's gotta be a record.

Well if'n it an't it should be, but I don't know if encest counts.

Big Jim
07-14-11, 09:53 PM
I think EVERYONE that has a chance should do exactly to THEM what they are inflicting on the rest of US. Have a 'Gay pride' parade down their street one week. The next, set up ALL the military recruiting booths blaring patriotic music. Etc. Keep it up, morning noon and night with various and sundry stuff. Every time one of them leaves their 'compound' follow along at a 'safe' distance, carrying an American flag or a service flag. Etc etc.

They hate this place so much? Make em WANT to leave.

I agree with ya there Lep....except they SHOULD be made to leave the country. If anyone disrespects our military and then our nation and then enjoys the freedoms of it doesn't deserve to be here in my book. Round 'em all up and drop them in Afghanistan or Iraq or some other war torn 3rd world country where they can be someone else's problem and just be killed outright. They already dislike it here so dam bad.....let their actions speak for them........the devil has GOTTA have something special planned for them when they die.