PDA

View Full Version : Which MOS field should I choose?

Bornagain
07-10-11, 02:31 PM
Well, as many of you know from previous questions I have narrowed down my choices to the infantry MOS field, or the specific MOS of a combat engineer 1371. I have heard in the answers that I have gotten from many of you Marines that you do not choose your specific MOS, but only the field you desire to go in. And so I am at a dilemma. Many infantry MOS's sound desirable to me, so if I didn't get the one that I wanted I would still be in an MOS that I would enjoy. But if I chose to be an engineer I would only want the specific 1371 MOS. What I am asking is if I chose to go the second way, what is the chance that I would be put where I want, and where would I most likely be if I didn't get it? My final question is would it be better to choose the field that I am sure to get a desirable MOS? Thank you Marines for responses.

Conch
07-10-11, 04:00 PM
Well, as many of you know from previous questions I have narrowed down my choices to the infantry MOS field, or the specific MOS of a combat engineer 1371. I have heard in the answers that I have gotten from many of you Marines that you do not choose your specific MOS, but only the field you desire to go in. And so I am at a dilemma. Many infantry MOS's sound desirable to me, so if I didn't get the one that I wanted I would still be in an MOS that I would enjoy. But if I chose to be an engineer I would only want the specific 1371 MOS. What I am asking is if I chose to go the second way, what is the chance that I would be put where I want, and where would I most likely be if I didn't get it? My final question is would it be better to choose the field that I am sure to get a desirable MOS? Thank you Marines for responses.

Jacob,

You gotta look at what you think will be best for you and fit you best. It's your future and we can only advise, you have to make the decision to decide what you want to do. Any MOS is desirable in my opinion. Every MOS is essential to the Corps and the Military as a whole in its own special way. Every MOS is essential to completing the mission. Also, it is true, you do not get to choose your specific MOS, but you can request them. The chances as to where you will be placed depend solely on the needs of the Marine Corps. That takes precedence over anything else. Good luck bud.

Bornagain
07-10-11, 07:02 PM
Jacob,

You gotta look at what you think will be best for you and fit you best. It's your future and we can only advise, you have to make the decision to decide what you want to do. Any MOS is desirable in my opinion. Every MOS is essential to the Corps and the Military as a whole in its own special way. Every MOS is essential to completing the mission. Also, it is true, you do not get to choose your specific MOS, but you can request them. The chances as to where you will be placed depend solely on the needs of the Marine Corps. That takes precedence over anything else. Good luck bud.

Thanks Blake. Any other Marines have a personal opinion of what I should do? I don't want to find myself going for the engineering field but get the wrong MOS.

Bornagain
07-11-11, 09:56 AM

Bornagain
07-12-11, 12:55 PM

I am still awaiting another answer

iamspartacus
07-12-11, 02:09 PM
You got your answer.

Bornagain
07-12-11, 02:11 PM
I know. I'm just wondering what other people think.

iamspartacus
07-12-11, 02:33 PM
No you don't. You want someone to come here and tell you you'll definitely get 1371 if you go engineering. You want someone to tell you that despite what everyone else says, there ARE guarantees in the Marine Corps. Even if someone does come here and say, "If you don't get 1371, you'll most likely get A, B or C MOS" what good does that do you? You already know you can't predict the needs of the Corps. You may get A, B or C, but you may also get D, E or F. You've got all your answers. It's time to think for yourself. The time to hear what other people think is over.