PDA

View Full Version : MCT questions?

wonderboy
07-10-11, 01:01 PM
This probably isn't the correct forum but didn't see one that fit the category.

I just graduated on July 1st from Parris Island. I leave for MCT tomorrow and I have everything packed and ready to go. I'm just wondering about 2 things in particular.

My drill instructors, said that we should buy a Camelbak to take with us to MCT, but in all the videos I've seen and from a couple posts I've read here and there, it looks like you're issued a Camelbak. Is it still okay to bring your own? Does it have to be a specific one if you are allowed to bring it?

Also, my go fasters are pretty much, done, from boot camp. Am I allowed to bring my own pair of go fasters/running shoes from home?

Sorry if they're dumb questions just want to have all my stuff in order.

Thanks.

sandman0621
07-10-11, 01:17 PM
I was west coast so I'm not positive on how accurate all this is. We were issued camelbak's a couple buddies bought one while we were there but there really is no need to. Its just more junk for you to try to pack and take to you MOS school. As long as you have running shoes they aren't going to care. Just make sure they are actual running shoes. We had a Marine that brought basketball shoes and they were on his case about it.

wonderboy
07-10-11, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the help. Do you actually use the go fasters and PT much?

sandman0621
07-10-11, 01:31 PM
I want to say we Pt'd maybe 5 times. And even some of them were boots and utes. The only thing i really recall needing them for was the 'moto' run right before graduation and field days.

wonderboy
07-10-11, 01:59 PM
I'm sure this is out there, but is it possible to bring like a bottle of vitamins? I'm sure they don't want you to bring it, but is it something I could throw in my hygiene bag and use?

E4B0861
07-13-11, 08:27 AM
When I was in MCT in Camp Geiger in NC, we got PT'd on a pretty regular basis. Rifle PT, morning formation PT, E-course, O-course, etc. They mix it up pretty regularly. Also, a camelbak is issued to you. Don't worry about that.

As for vitamins? That's a strange question. You're going to be moving fast and on a schedule similar to how it was in boot camp. The only time you've got to take a vitamin is if you have them readily in reach when you roll out the rack in the morning, and that's only if you can down it in 5 seconds.

As for packing things, unless you get an official notice to NOT pack something, pack everything. It'll only come out of your ass and wallet anyways. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't be -that guy-.

P.S. - I don't know how they're running MCT there now, but I heard you don't stay out at Camp Devil Dog anymore, that you're staying in air conditioned squadbays. If so, you're getting cheated. If not, make sure to buy lots of the cheap $6 silkies. You'll wanna change those often, but you only get 2 chances to do laundry while you're out there. Once in the middle of training, the second time is when you get back and ready to graduate.