PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

Miles Moody
07-09-11, 03:41 PM
Hello, I'm Poolee Moody. I am hoping you all can answere a couple of questions for me. I am curently in the DEP and am shipping to boot in 8 days. I am signed for a 6 by 2 reserve option (so i can finish my degree) as a 2311 (Ammunition Technician). Here are my questions.
A) How easy is it to transfer to active duty before my 6 years are up? My recruiter says its a breeze, but I would like to hear from someone who isnt paid to get my on.

B) If I can transfer easily, any MOS's recomended? My recruiter doesnt want to go down the massive MOS book with me before i ship. My ASVAB score was 98, my GT 144, I have 20/20 uncorrected vision, color vision, depth perception, medically healthy, no mental problems, and easily passing my ISTs. Any suggestions?

Thankyou all for your help, and Thankyou for your service to this country.

Rocky C
07-09-11, 03:45 PM
A. Easy
B. Go Intel
C. Good Luck to you.

Miles Moody
07-09-11, 04:17 PM
A. Easy
B. Go Intel
C. Good Luck to you.
Thankyou for the suggestion. Are there any non "desk job" inteligence fields? I am a little ignorant about the entire field.

Tookie22
07-09-11, 04:28 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm there is your whole MOS book. With what you told us, Im sure you can do any job available in the Marine Corps assuming you are a male. You have a while to study up on other possible MOSs that interest you.

Kegler300
07-09-11, 04:38 PM
Start focusing on boot camp right now since you are only days away from stepping on the Yellow Footprints. You're plate will be full for the next three months, but after you graduate with your Eagle, Globe and Anchor, then you will have more time to focus on your MOS training. Enjoy the ride and good luck! We'll be waiting right here for you to report in as the newest (bootest) Marine in the Marine Corps!

Miles Moody
07-15-11, 12:37 PM
Thankyou for the link Lance Corporal. And thankyou for the advice Master Gunnery Sergeant. I am a little nervous, but mostly I am pumped to go. I have been waiting a long time. I will post back as soon as I graduate. Should be mid october. Thankyou all for your time.

Poolee Moody