PDA

View Full Version : 4.1/3.9 pro&con discharge

jm020808
07-06-11, 05:12 PM
<table id="post788114" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_788114" style="border-right: 1px solid #B5B1B1">ok ...

YLDNDN6
07-07-11, 06:35 AM
As far as I know, your NJP should be treated as a hiccup in your enlistment. The whole purpose of getting NJP'd instead of a court martial is to let you know that you have been served notice. What...

TJR1070
07-07-11, 07:07 AM
I agree, unless there is more to the story........? NJP will not effect your discharge but will effect your reenlistment code and your eligibility for a Good Conduct Medal.

jm020808
07-07-11, 09:02 AM
There's no more to the story, the njp is not what I'm worrying about its my average pros n cons that I'm worried about. I have 4.1/3.9 and I think according to the seps manual you need at least a 3.0/4.0 to get an honorable. I think I heard somewhere that its really up to the CO to make the final decision which I hope is true so I could at least try and explain my situation and have a chance to get an honorable. Like I said all I have is that one stupid njp and after that I kept receiving low pros n cons. I'm actually pretty sure a couple of them I was not supposed to get unless I was njped or had a pg 11 stating why I received such low pros n cons. At the time I just didn't really care I had given up on my command.

TJR1070
07-07-11, 01:46 PM
Try to be the best Marine for the time you have left in and hopefully everything will work out. Unless you have a real dbag for a CO I'm pretty sure he isn't going to want to mess with the rest of your life for one mistake and you giving up on yourself as a Marine. Good luck Bro.

Apache
07-07-11, 03:30 PM
Have you thought about staying in ? <br />
Won't need to concern with the type of discharge right now,you have a job,steady income <br />
I could go on---- <br />
How many posts do you see ---- <br />
Wish I woulda stayed...

Sgt Leprechaun
07-10-11, 07:00 PM
Concur about the possible reenlistment thing. Seriously, I would look into THAT first. <br />
<br />
And quite frankly, ProCons meet ZERO in the civvie world. All they care about is the Honorable Discharge...

NiteStryker
07-11-11, 12:37 PM
Should have taken that NJP to a court martial, it would have probably been dropped.

Apache
07-11-11, 01:36 PM
Use caution applying the "barracks Lawyer" approach to a solution
Could cause more trouble than you are equipped to handle