PDA

View Full Version : FreeMasons

KyleQuinn
07-04-11, 01:02 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon Marines,

I've searched the internet for this, but I haven't found an answer for it, possibly because it's just an overall dumb question or because of some other reason. I'll get to the point, if I were to become a FreeMason, could I still join the Marine Corps (Or any branch of the military for that matter)? Thank you for all answers/advice given ahead of time.

-Kyle Quinn

KyleQuinn
07-04-11, 01:13 AM
(I'm too late to edit my original post)
Instead of creating another thread, I figured I'd just ask on this one. Is there a limit on how many times I can try to enlist for the Marine Corps (Military in general)? I know you have to wait several months to attempt after being denied, but is there a point where they will tell you flat out, "We don't want you, stop trying"?

m14ed
07-04-11, 04:36 AM
Question #1
Don't think there is any U.S.Military Branch that has any objections
about enlistments of current or future Masons.

Question #2
Are you trying for the Guinnes Book of Records ?????

KyleQuinn
07-04-11, 09:35 AM
Question #1
Don't think there is any U.S.Military Branch that has any objections
about enlistments of current or future Masons.

Question #2
Are you trying for the Guinnes Book of Records ?????

Thank you Sir, I didn't think they would but I had no idea.

As for my second question, not at all Sir haha I'm just not that naive to think that I'll receive a waiver the first time because of the downsizing and I have all the intentions in the world to become a Marine one day.

ggyoung
07-04-11, 10:43 AM
Years ago a lot of the higher brass where Free Masons. This helped in there rank advancement. I can not remember if there were enlisted in the Masons or not

Tennessee Top
07-04-11, 10:54 AM
Need a waiver for a FreeMason tattoo?

Just kidding (most waivers these days seem to be for tattoos).

Old Marine
07-04-11, 12:13 PM
Need a waiver for a FreeMason tattoo?

Just kidding (most waivers these days seem to be for tattoos).

Maybe he has the ring tattoo on his forhead.

TunTvrnWarrior
07-04-11, 12:25 PM
It is not going to affect it either way. I would caution you that the Free Masons are not something you want to mess with. In my personal experience with descendents of Free Masons, there are more incidents of mental illness and cancer than with non Masonic lines. Yes, I know what I am saying looks foolish, but you are opening up your spirit to some bad joo joo with that crap.

KyleQuinn
07-04-11, 12:39 PM
No I've postponed any tattoos for after my time of service. I actually need a waiver for having Anxiety and being medicated, which it is what it is. But I'll most defiantly make sure I research it well before I move forward with it.

DanTheMan B
07-04-11, 12:51 PM
I wanna be a FreeMason. Guess it's true what they say, "To be one, ask one".

Sgt Leprechaun
07-04-11, 07:13 PM
No, you won't be denied and it won't even be asked.

However, these days once you are waiver denied it becomes just about impossible to 'try again'. Because once they deny you, usually that means it's been looked at, at the highest level (far higher than MEPS or the recruiters) and they don't usually change their minds about stuff like that. Too much liability and other issues if they do.

Unless it was something really small that just had to be fixed, don't count on getting 'second' chances.

Phantom Blooper
07-04-11, 09:24 PM
If you can't get a waiver for the Marines....

PM me I need some bricks layed and I could really use some free masons help!:beer:

Wyoming
07-05-11, 11:14 AM
It is not going to affect it either way. I would caution you that the Free Masons are not something you want to mess with. In my personal experience with descendents of Free Masons, there are more incidents of mental illness and cancer than with non Masonic lines. Yes, I know what I am saying looks foolish, but you are opening up your spirit to some bad joo joo with that crap.

Say what!!!

That is one ignorant ****ing statement!!

KyleQuinn
07-05-11, 01:12 PM
No, you won't be denied and it won't even be asked.

However, these days once you are waiver denied it becomes just about impossible to 'try again'. Because once they deny you, usually that means it's been looked at, at the highest level (far higher than MEPS or the recruiters) and they don't usually change their minds about stuff like that. Too much liability and other issues if they do.

Unless it was something really small that just had to be fixed, don't count on getting 'second' chances.

So I would be better off to go to a college and receive a degree then try to enlist instead of trying this upcoming November 9th then again after college? That way they take into account I've been off of the Medication for 5 years, I've gone off to college and got a degree.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-05-11, 05:09 PM
That's a decision only YOU can make. But it might be the way to go if it works for you.

KyleQuinn
07-05-11, 05:26 PM
Thank you Sergeant and all the Marines who posted. I'll have to think about this and speak with my recruiter.