PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth in Boot camp question?

Patientlywaitin
07-03-11, 05:11 PM
I am 19, enlisted to leave in 15 days, just curious do you think they will try to remove my wisdom teeth if they haven't even grown in yet?

Just curious has anyone had theirs cut out here?:scared:

Phantom Blooper
07-03-11, 05:42 PM
The dentists will pull them in recruit training if you need them pulled....but...be cautious...very cautious....if you get them pulled in boot camp.....you might loose your wisdom and have moments of brain farts and stupidity.....:banana:

Patientlywaitin
07-03-11, 06:22 PM
I think getting em cut out would hurt worse then pulling

MarinesFTW
07-03-11, 06:23 PM
When they checked mine, they actually asked me if I wanted them gone because they weren't bothering me. Me being a smart recruit deneyed the removal, and watched all of my brothers suffer with there pullings. The guys in my Platoon got there medicine for 2 days and that was it, some DI's will let you have it for that one day then cut you off, so it could be even worse. If you get them pulled, make your instructors proud by screaming so loud into there face that blood comes flying out from your stiches coming apart, a kid was actually made squad leader because of that and held it throughout the whole time at summer camp.

Patientlywaitin
07-03-11, 06:30 PM
That's crazy man! Glad to hear they will at least ask me first.

NCF250
07-03-11, 06:43 PM
They won't always ask you. If they need gone, they'll pull em. I went through without having mine pulled

Mongoose
07-03-11, 06:49 PM
In my time, I dont think they asked boots anything. They did what they wanted to do.

Patientlywaitin
07-03-11, 06:56 PM
Meant to put, glad to hear I will at least have a chance to get by. I wasnt thinking when I wrote that.

doc h fmf
07-03-11, 07:11 PM
Well I Was Told By One Of The Dentist I Was Friends With In The Navy Said It Like Your Appendixs It Only Really Dangerous If It Gets Infected Then Your In Trouble

Zulu 36
07-03-11, 07:12 PM

In the civilian world they put you out and do locals. Wisdom teeth removal almost always requires cutting the gums to get to the tooth properly. They just did locals when mine came out (after boot camp). No problems afterward, just a couple of days off did the trick. They only took one side out at a time, so I had two sessions about a year apart. The crunching sounds coming out of my mouth were interesting.

I don't know how they do it now. Personally, if they DON'T have to come out in boot camp, I wouldn't. Wait a couple of years and get them done in the fleet. Your bosses will be kinder than DIs. I was a Sergeant during both sessions, so it was, "See ya' when you're better."

Old Marine
07-03-11, 08:18 PM

Maybe, but ask the dentist if he will let you have them. You can put them under your pillow and the tooth fairy (Drill Instructor) will bring you a supprise.:evilgrin:

DanM
07-03-11, 10:36 PM
My wisdom teeth were extracted at MCRD Parris Island.Maybe I was just a test subject,but the IV Demerol and Nembutal allowed me to feel no pain for more than 10 hours after they used a hammer and chisel to remove my teeth.

m14ed
07-03-11, 11:05 PM
I wouldnt count on them always ASKING if you want them removed.
There were a couple recruits who were worked on, just because
the dentists had nothing else to do' ,, I think they were bored when
no screaming was becomming noticible.

"Lots of games can be played when you have a lot of free time on your hands"
Nes Pa ? > sp <