thedrifter
10-23-03, 03:43 PM
We Wil Not Forget

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

btrogu
10-23-03, 04:29 PM
I remember when that happened. I was a freshman in highschool. That's when I first started to read and learn about the Marine Corps and wanted to become one.

Semper Fi.

echo3mike
10-23-03, 06:31 PM
I remember that day very well . I was with D. Co. 2Nd. Tracs, most of our company was TAD to Fort Picket Va. and I was just getting off a 4am-8am gaurd post , ready for some chow when we got word of the bombing. All liberty cancelled we were on STAND-BY to STAND-BY !!!!! I had 3 close friends over there at the time (one I still talk to) 2 with B Co. 2nd. Tracs and the other a winger and I think he was a crew cheif on a CH-46 MAG 162. Thanks to them and all the Marines who fought and worked tirelessly to medevac our dead and wounded. We will never forget. Sempers !!!!! echo3mike

bdfairchild
10-23-03, 06:37 PM
The memorial service in observation of the 20th anniversary of the bombing of our command post in Beirut was held this morning in Jacksonville. Special thanks go out to all of the Marines and other volunteers that made this observance a success.

We will never forget what our brothers did for our freedom.

Special thanks go out to Gen. Gray, one of our most beloved, former Commandants. His speech was a real morale booster for all who were in attendance.

WE MUST NEVER ALLOW ANOTHER TRADEGY LIKE THIS HAPPEN AGAIN !!

criggleman
10-23-03, 06:51 PM
Rest easy Bros, those of use who were there, will never forget. I was on the react force and was one the the first on the scene. I CAN'T FORGET!

mikemac64
10-23-03, 07:36 PM
I was taking a shower in my Barracks at NAS, Alameda. The OOD came up in a panic, called a quick formation, told us not to talk to the press, and told to stay close by the Barracks.

Every last one of us was sick as hell over it. The worst thing was that there was absolutely nothing any of us could do, but wait, watch, and listen. Of course there was no cable TV on base then so all we could do was read the whilte letters that were coming out and pray there was no one on those lists that we knew.

I am a follower in the belief that day was the day these maniacs started WWIII.

Devildogg4ever
10-24-03, 06:12 PM
I got home this evening from Jacksonville, NC, and I can say that the turn out of Marines & family members from all over, and people of the city was great!! As bdfairchild has said, thanks goes out to all that have made this a success, and to Gen. Gray, who gave a very motivational speech that got everyones blood pumping! I met alot of Marines from different times and events throughout the decades and this will be a very memorable time for me!!

Semper Fi to all!!!