PDA

View Full Version : How to make a recruiter WANT to recruit you?

christopherps
06-30-11, 09:31 PM
Hello Marines,

I've searched all over the internet to try and find ways to make a recruiter WANT to recruit you. My efforts have been unfruitful, and I believe it's because there has never been such a surplus of recruiting and such a depletion of funds. What are some things I can do to make a recruiter want me as his poolee. Long term, short term, it doesn't matter. Any little thing will be greatly appreciated. I will need a waiver, so I know I have to bring a TON of extras to the table, but I am completely clueless as to what to do other than have a good PFT\IST. Thanks in advance for the knowledge and the time, it is greatly appreciated.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-30-11, 11:14 PM
Depends on the waiver.

Also, easy answer on this...Make it easy on THEM to recruit you. The waiver issue whatever it is means...well, it won't be, unless it's something really simple.

Otherwise, have all your paperwork ready when you walk in the door, know what you want to do, be willing to be flexible, be willing to leave when THEY need you to leave, be respectful, dress conservatively and not like a gangsta, and have some self confidence when you walk into the office.

christopherps
06-30-11, 11:33 PM
Thank you, sir!

afraziaaaa
07-01-11, 08:07 AM
What do you need a waiver for?

In short, be smart, physically fit, and easy to work with. Be willing to take what is offered to you, and be willing to serve in the Marine Corps as the Marine Corps needs you to serve. Be on time, present a neat appearance, and address the recruiter as "Sir" or "Ma'am", not as bro, or dude. Be respectful and polite. Treat a meeting with the recruiter as a job interview, because that is really what it is.