PDA

View Full Version : Another poser question...

AKA HITMAN
06-30-11, 11:12 AM
Went to do some HVAC work with a friend at his job and met his supervisor...the guy just talked about being a Navy Seal the whole time,evidently according to my friend, he constantly talks about his service.
Any way to find out if this guy is legit? He's roughly 60'ish, and does have a ring with the SEAL emblem.

USNAviator
06-30-11, 11:34 AM
Went to do some HVAC work with a friend at his job and met his supervisor...the guy just talked about being a Navy Seal the whole time,evidently according to my friend, he constantly talks about his service.
Any way to find out if this guy is legit? He's roughly 60'ish, and does have a ring with the SEAL emblem.

One question to ask is which Team he was with and where was it located? Ask him about Det Bravo in Nam, if he's that age and served in Nam that is. How many are usually on a Team? ( with support about 300)

The ring means nothing. Try and trip him up with a very basic false question such as "Were you with Team 23 in Kings Point?" No such Team and Kings Point is a sub base in GA. The field MOS in the Navy for Special Warfare is 53XX. So ask him what his MOS was, if he gives you any number besides 53XX, he's a poser. 5320-5328 is the MOS spread for SEAL's

Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force. What's wrong with just having served your country honorably no matter which branch and no matter what your MOS?

chulaivet1966
06-30-11, 12:01 PM
Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force.

I'd guess they feel if they're going to lie that they should just 'go for it' and live the poser glory lies as long as they can get away with it.
There are so many losers in humanity that this poser mentality will never go away.
It's a bit amazing to me that they (posers) are so myopic and don't see that the humiliation of getting busted at stolen valor is far worse than living their worthless life as the loser they really are.....IMO.
Maybe we can call in some air strikes on these POS's?

No grammar error...I had your approval to not capitalize poser unless is was my last name.:)
Carry on....

DanM
06-30-11, 12:03 PM
One question to ask is which Team he was with and where was it located? Ask him about Det Bravo in Nam, if he's that age and served in Nam that is. How many are usually on a Team? ( with support about 300)

The ring means nothing. Try and trip him up with a very basic false question such as "Were you with Team 23 in Kings Point?" No such Team and Kings Point is a sub base in GA. The field MOS in the Navy for Special Warfare is 53XX. So ask him what his MOS was, if he gives you any number besides 53XX, he's a poser. 5320-5328 is the MOS spread for SEAL's

Why is it that so many claim to be SEAL's or Recon or Delta Force. What's wrong with just having served your country honorably no matter which branch and no matter what your MOS?

Sorry Cdmr.,

The NEC of 53XX is only about 4 years old. Someone who was a SEAL before that time would have kept their enlistment rate and NEC of HM,BM,QM,etc.

USNAviator
06-30-11, 12:06 PM
Sorry Cdmr.,

The NEC of 53XX is only about 4 years old. Someone who was a SEAL before that time would have kept their enlistment rate and NEC of HM,BM,QM,etc.

Good point Doc. I stand corrected. :thumbup:

AKA HITMAN
06-30-11, 12:17 PM
I did get his name off his name tag. However, I won't be seeing him any time soon. Lets say I was not impressed with him.....acted like a Drill Instructor while I was there. I made it a point for him to pipe down several times and he kept it up about his SEAL expertise.

Marine1955
06-30-11, 12:31 PM
There on the way!!!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2yuhppx.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/2yuhppx.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/2yuhppx.jpg

chulaivet1966
06-30-11, 12:34 PM
There on the way!!!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2yuhppx.jpg

No H&I's....fire for effect!...I knew I could count on you for some air support.:)
Carry on....

USNAviator
06-30-11, 01:24 PM
I'd guess they feel if they're going to lie that they should just 'go for it' and live the poser glory lies as long as they can get away with it.
There are so many losers in humanity that this poser mentality will never go away.
It's a bit amazing to me that they (posers) are so myopic and don't see that the humiliation of getting busted at stolen valor is far worse than living their worthless life as the loser they really are.....IMO.
Maybe we can call in some air strikes on these POS's?

No grammar error...I had your approval to not capitalize poser unless is was my last name.:)
Carry on....

Very strange indeed Wayne. Been my observation that the guy that run his mouth about his military/combat experience probably has neither.

I can picture some ancient Roman hanging out at the Baths downing a glass of vino and saying "Yes when I was in the 12th Legion we really kicked those Visigoths right back to where they came from" When in reality he was making tunics and living in Sicily during the whole campaign.

doc h fmf
06-30-11, 01:34 PM
To Me Sounds Like He Is A Poser Because All The Seals I Personally Know Never Brags About Anything,

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

USNAviator
06-30-11, 01:35 PM
Here is one guy who should have been flogged then keel hauled then hung <br />
<br />
<br />
Navy SEAL Impostor Gets 27 Months for Fraud! <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

GT6238
06-30-11, 01:39 PM
Very strange indeed Wayne. Been my observation that the guy that run his mouth about his military/combat experience probably has neither.

I can picture some ancient Roman hanging out at the Baths downing a glass of vino and saying "Yes when I was in the 12th Legion we really kicked those Visigoths right back to where they came from" When in reality he was making tunics and living in Sicily during the whole campaign.

LOLOL...you show the classical education that can only be from a liberal arts major.
:beer:

USNAviator
06-30-11, 01:41 PM
Guilty as charged...history.:D Couldn't hack any of the sciences

chulaivet1966
06-30-11, 01:45 PM

Haha....good one....he's the one they should have dropped off the cliff during the observational vetting at birth. ;) (I'm joking)
Well...my take is the ones who boast the most have done the least.
Similar to 'believe half of what we see and none of what we hear'.

Carry on...

Mongoose
06-30-11, 02:55 PM
I met a guy outside walwart recently. He said he was with 82 paratroopers in Nam in 66-67. Also said he taught jungle warfare training. and later taught at West Point. Inever heard an airborne call thier self paratroopers. And I dont think the 82nd got to Nam till late in the war. And I damn sure dont think this idiot taught at WestPoint.

chulaivet1966
06-30-11, 03:09 PM
The Navy Times reports (http://www.navytimes.com/news/2010/05/navy_warren_050810w/) about the sentencing of a SEAL wannabe who conned the government out of more than $280,000 in benefits over seven years.

I guess we're SOL in him paying all that back.
Sure makes my blood boil.
Good think they invented beer so I can do my obligatory *cardiac cool down* after reading things of this nature.

USNAviator
06-30-11, 03:14 PM
I guess we're SOL in him paying all that back.
Sure makes my blood boil.
Good think they invented beer so I can do my obligatory *cardiac cool down* after reading things of this nature.

Well we're coming up on 17:00 here in Virginia. You being a Left Coaster will have to wait a bit. Trouble is the sun doesn't go below the yard arm until about 19:30. But on the plus side, now that we've had the summer solstice, the daylight is slowly receding.

chulaivet1966
06-30-11, 03:35 PM
Well we're coming up on 17:00 here in Virginia. You being a Left Coaster will have to wait a bit. Trouble is the sun doesn't go below the yard arm until about 19:30. But on the plus side, now that we've had the summer solstice, the daylight is slowly receding.

Your right and it sucks!
But...I've finished my workout and ate well.
So, today I might make an exception in start time for the cardiac cool down happy hour and celebrate this modicum of justice with you right coasters.

Carry on illuminaries....

devilbones2
06-30-11, 07:22 PM
I have met SEALs that bragged about themselves. Most notably a LCDR that had just returned from some high speed interrogation class and was trying to use some approaches on me while we were in a government agency team house on movie night. Most the few operational guys that I encountered were humble and professional. I guess you have that 10% no matter where you go.

BIP
07-01-11, 04:30 PM
.....ask them over at SOCNet......they have a whole forum about it...

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=79289

Otter5
07-01-11, 05:59 PM
The one dumdest question in the world "Have you killed anyone?" one I will not answer. Dont know if that means anything here ,jus bein me

DRB
07-02-11, 08:03 AM
No. It is ridiculous to even consider asking a veteran that question.

E4B0861
07-05-11, 10:48 PM
I remember running into a guy in Savannah, GA twice. Once during my pre-enlistment times working as security at a grocery store. He walked up, handed me a card, introduced himself as (iirc) "Stanley Skye, former Navy SEAL". First words out of his mouth, no kidding. He babbled on about doing all kinds of private security work with his own business and such and how he had all these licenses and certifications that let him work in all these places.

I met him again after I got out to the same effect. Same first words. Said something about being enlisted in the Navy and going SEALs, supposedly going to OCS somewhere in between. My BS meter was going off, but who knows. His business card introduced him as Lieutenant Colonel Stanley J Skye (IIR his name correctly. I do remember his last name was Skye for sure.) Trying to catch him off guard, I asked if he earned that rank while serving, to which he replied no, that the Navy doesn't have that rank, then whatever his story was. He said that it was a title that was used by something like owners of security businesses like his or whatever. Sounded fishy to me, though.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-05-11, 11:43 PM
Squirrel alert!

Love the black helo montage though...