PDA

View Full Version : Taking Down The Usa Flag

Ceckert85
06-27-11, 11:29 PM
So the other day my wife was looking out the window and she saw this maintenance guy taking the flag down. she showed me the pics and I thought it was very disrespectful to our flag.
Tell me what your thoughts are on it.

Vietvet1968
06-29-11, 05:50 AM
ceckert85:
Can't put in words here what I think of this un-American ( what would a D. I. call him? ) piece of Bin Laden scum.:evilgrin:

Vietvet1968@comcast.ner
Roger D. Stewart:evilgrin:

haebyungdae
06-29-11, 06:04 AM
For one, calling him an un-American piece of scum is harsh given the fact that a lot of Americans are not aware of the particulars of rising and lowering the flag. Especially when a lot of...

boomer56328
06-29-11, 08:53 AM
Agreed. <br />
<br />
Calling him un-American is extremely harsh. I know i've corrected some good intentioned people on matters of how the flag is to be flied and displayed several times. These people weren't...

Lilybets
06-29-11, 10:37 AM
Just a thought, I was at a funeral service where two young Navy personnel folded the flag from the coffin. As they started to fold the triangle shape I noticed they did so wrongly. I wanted to say hey but felt it would be too disrespectful to do so. As they got to the end they realized their mistake and corrected it. Now these were US Service members, trained in boot camp, I'm sure as we were, how to fold the flag. As funeral detail I'm sure they must have at least practiced and they still made a mistake. So cut the civilian a break and make sure the next time he knows the proper procedure. If he does it again kick his ass out of the way and do it yourself I think.