PDA

View Full Version : MPCV Buffalo

teamshadowzero
06-26-11, 03:42 PM
Hi Everybody!!
(HI Dr. Nick!!)

So for all MT operators and EE operators or just any fellow Marine with a potential to help me out. Does anyone know exactly what class of operator license the MPCV Buffalo falls under? I received my license back in February and in February 2013, I'll be eligible here in the state of PA to apply for my CDL. Problem is is that I don't know if it qualifies as a Class B or Class A vehicle in civilian terms.

(And so we all get this solid, I'll be living to see 2013, come hell, high water, zombies, or the rage virus. Haha)

hbharrison
06-26-11, 05:21 PM
Anything from 1 to 26000 is class B, 26001 up is class A both in combination or single all requir health certificates from a doctor.

teamshadowzero
06-26-11, 06:30 PM
Good to go. Figured as much since I used to drive fire engines in training and used to have my CDL permit before. PA's DMV just likes to throw people for a loop (It said military classes 1, 2, 3, and 4)

hbharrison
06-26-11, 07:27 PM
Just remember one thing all CDL's are subject to MVR on tickits moving very bad. Some companies will release you for the first for one or two days no pay if you get a secound you are gone for good and a third will loose your CDL for one year to two years. Insurance companies have the right to cause this to be done and the trucking company has no say in it. That is one reason most drivers will get a lawyer to fight tickits every time so it will be droped to a non-moving violation. DUI will cause a loss of CDL for good.

teamshadowzero
06-26-11, 07:32 PM
Trust me, I've seen it happen to people. I'm getting my CDL just because. I don't need it at all for my job fixing trains. And 85% of my life is spent on my motorcycle staying away from main roads and the like. Harder to get in trouble when theres less rules to break. Hahahah

hbharrison
06-26-11, 07:36 PM
:thumbup: