PDA

View Full Version : Any recruiters from Southern California?

KillerMiller
06-25-11, 09:30 AM
I have been trying to join the Marine Corps since my 17th birthday, which was about a year and a half ago. I only have one disqualifier, and that is corrective surgery for pez planus(flat feet) which...

Tennessee Top
06-25-11, 02:46 PM
You had implants surgically put into your feet and then had them removed because your recruiter told you to? Don't think I'm reading you correctly. I'm confused.

If your Gunny thinks you can clear MEPS and then ship eventually, why wouldn't he send you and get the credit for it (afterall, that is their mission)? Obviously, you're wondering the same thing.

Things are not adding up here...something's missing.

Maybe one of the recruiters here will see your question and have an opinion.

KillerMiller
06-25-11, 03:13 PM
Thank you for the reply Master Sergeant. My recruiter said that with the hardware in my feet I would be DQ'd so he told me the best thing for me to do would be to take the hardware out, the flat feet are still corrected though so I have neither flat feet nor implants anymore, just a history of surgery. And both Gunnies have informed me that they are "making mission" and fufilling their quotas with applicants who need no waivers. I was hoping to find a station who needs a little more room

afraziaaaa
06-27-11, 08:50 AM
Sounds like there is more to this story than what you are telling us. Are you sure this is your only disqualifier? Have you ever been arrested? Are you physically fit? you said "hardware" in your feet. Did you have pins, or plates put in? How long has it been since you had the surgery to remove them? Did you provide all related documents to your recruiter including a letter from your doctor stating "Cleared from my care and has NO PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS"? You say BUMED, but you have not been to MEPS yet? BUMED does not review anything on an applicant until they have been PERMANENTLY disqualified by a doctor at MEPS.

If what you say is true, there is no reason not to send you to MEPS or at least send your paperwork to MEPS to have it pre-screened.

KillerMiller
06-27-11, 01:51 PM
Yes Staff Sergeant, this is my only disqualifier I've always been on the straight and narrow, even volunteering as an Explorer for my local Sheriff's Department, never touched any drugs. I actually...

KillerMiller
06-29-11, 05:00 PM
So I had a reply from a recruiter in the next town over and he also did not seem to see any problems, and he made an offer that I never had considered before and he says its the only offer I'm going to get, and that is to be a reservist. If that is the only way to join the Corps I am willing to, but how hard is it to augment to Active Duty, especially considering the overcrowded condition the Corps is facing. My recruiter says it will be easy but from what I have read it won't be as easy as he's making it seem