PDA

View Full Version : Before or After

Tking47
06-24-11, 02:08 PM
My girlfriend is pregnant an we have been going back and forth on weather to get married before or after bootcamp. The recruiter tells me to wait because I will have to fill out a waiver. Can they really deny me enlistment? What is best?

joseywales
06-24-11, 02:16 PM
Of course they cant deny you enlistment, you're entitled to that/

SARCASM NOTE SARCASM NOTE.

Tking47
06-24-11, 02:23 PM
So should I just tell my recruiter that we are getting married and ask for the next step in paper work?

joseywales
06-24-11, 02:24 PM
Are you supposed to tell your recruiter?

Baker1971
06-24-11, 02:26 PM
Are you supposed to tell your recruiter?

I believe you are. But it's been so many years. Son if my recruiter told me to wait, I'd wait.

Tking47
06-24-11, 02:27 PM
Dont I have to go to MEPS and fill out a waiver because i am still a poolee and not a Marine yet.

Baker1971
06-24-11, 02:32 PM
Dont I have to go to MEPS and fill out a waiver because i am still a poolee and not a Marine yet.

Don't you think that would best be answered by your recruiter? That's what he's there for, to help and guide you through the process.

Good luck with your enlistment and the next 50-70 years of your life being a father. That's one MOS you don't need a waiver for

Tking47
06-24-11, 02:55 PM
He has answered all my questions I was just seeing if their were any second opinions that thought diffreantly.

Tennessee Top
06-24-11, 03:52 PM
Of course they cant deny you enlistment, you're entitled to that

People get denied from joining the military every day for various reasons; nobody is entitled to join the service.

If you get married prior to shipping your status will change because you will have a dependent (a pregnant one at that if I remember correctly). Your recruiter knows the rules; if he says you'll need a waiver then you'll need a waiver. Waivers can come back not approved meaning you'll be denied enlistment. You need to decide if you want to take that gamble.

Old Marine
06-24-11, 06:57 PM
Are there any young kids these days who do not require a waiver to enlist in the military. Seems as though all these kids need a waiver because of this or that. Just amazing. I often wonder what happened before there was this piece of paper called a waiver. Back in the day I guess they did not get to enlist, but now it seems as though most seem to be requesting waivers. I do know that during the NAM when we had McNamara's Band, we had to train what we had to work with and graduate them no matter what and send them on thier way. The real dumb ones were sent to Midway Adult School for reading classes.

Kegler300
06-24-11, 07:00 PM
Wait until you complete recruit training, and through the training pipeline and to your first permanent duty station.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-24-11, 07:51 PM
And the poster who replied to you was being sarcastic. You can be denied for anything and everything, there is no 'entitlement' to serve. Get that out of your head right now.