PDA

View Full Version : WA State Annual SgtMaj. POOL Function

DHY
06-23-11, 11:32 PM
Give a shout out if you are participating in Washington States Annual SgtMaj. POOL Function, 20110625.

PNW2011
06-24-11, 12:54 AM
Fml, you one of gunny mcdonald's guys?

DHY
06-24-11, 01:04 AM
No but I know Gunny McDonald, he used to be up at RSS Burlington, Skagit County. Why? You not excited for the weekends festivities?

PNW2011
06-24-11, 01:44 AM
I thought he was still there..

I have to be at my RSS by 0630, DI's are going to be there and from what i understand it's going to be a thrash-fest. Until 1730, then I think they feed us some chow and we get to shoot the chit with the DI's.

I know skagit county is relatively big, but do you know where the Skagit Arms gun shop is? I think it's in Burlington, but I was there yesterday on my way down from Canada and I bumped into some cross-dressing biker who had a hardon for 1911's...

I mean he had heels, fishnets, a skirk, and some weird hat on. Kind of random, just wondering if that guy's a local or something...

DHY
06-24-11, 02:29 AM
Skagit Arms is in Burlington, and I wouldn't know if he is a local for sure, I have never seen that particular "gun" lover around, though you will see one from time to time even as hick as most of Skagit County is. He probably hails from Bellingham or maybe Mt. Vernon.

I have heard pretty much the same about the function, I was led to believe that would be home sooner ,however, an actual time was never mentioned. I have to be at my RSS at 0600 and from how I understood things we would be back approximately 1600 give or take a hour.

Regardless, time doesn't mean too much, I think it is going to be "fun," as in tough, challenging, hardest workout of our life fun, but still enjoyable. I may be mistaken, but only time will tell.

PNW2011
06-24-11, 08:14 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure it's going to be a super tough workout, it'll be tough for sure but I think there's more to it then that.

What else have you heard?

DHY
06-24-11, 08:58 PM
Sgt. taught us how to be at parade rest, attention, how to march, what to do at what command, basic crap like that. I guess it is going to open up with us doing a half mile jog at double time. I think everybody is going to complete an IST but I'm not sure. I know we will be doing the CFT which I personally enjoy. We are going to get a MRE I guess along with bottled water throughout. Other than that I don't know.

PNW2011
06-24-11, 09:09 PM
balls really?

i know attention and parade rest, as for marching what's the deal with that? Isn't it always starting with the left food and right arm?

What commands did you hear about? I didn't receive word about any of this..

Sadeghian
06-24-11, 09:31 PM
RSS BELLEVUE REPRESENT!!!! I remember last years... it was BA, and this year, with the schedule that my SSGT described, it's gonna PWN last years. KILL!

Sadeghian
06-24-11, 09:34 PM
Sgt. taught us how to be at parade rest, attention, how to march, what to do at what command, basic crap like that. I guess it is going to open up with us doing a half mile jog at double time. I think everybody is going to complete an IST but I'm not sure. I know we will be doing the CFT which I personally enjoy. We are going to get a MRE I guess along with bottled water throughout. Other than that I don't know.

Here's the schedule that my recruiter told us;
1. half mike moto run
2. 1.5 mike run
3. pull up challenge
4. CFT
5. Tug of war
6. IT
7. BBQ
8. Go home

PNW2011
06-24-11, 10:20 PM
I've never run a CFT before... saweet. Isn't it like a 800 yard run, ammo can lifts, then fireman carrying another poolee?

I though it was supposed to broken up into events like your would for a swim or track meet, only some poolees are doing pullups, some are doing the run, others situps.

Now I'm actually a little bit excited to go, I thought we'd be running until we puked. I basically know for a fact that I'm going to get IT'd, so at least it won't be a surprise. Everyone should practice their aye aye sirs! tonight..

also not trying to creep on you finallydeped, but I definitely ran across your facebook when I was lurking on other recruiter's facebooks trying to figure out wtf was going on tomorrow...

DHY
06-24-11, 10:46 PM
Yes and more. If you are doing the full CFT then after the run then ammo can lifts there is a short sprint, followed by low crawl of same distance, then high crawl, then sprint through some zig-zags, then you drag your buddy straight through the zags, then you fireman carry him back to the start, pick up the ammo cans, run to the zigs, zag through them, toss a dummy grenade, drop do a few push ups, pick up your ammo cans and sprint back.

It will make you feel winded but I like it. Most of the time that I have done it with my recruiter we haven't done the run or the ammo can lifts, I don't know how it is going to be down at Ft. Lewis.

Sadeghian
06-25-11, 12:08 AM
It's somewhere in Federal Way this year. And the CFT we did at the SgtMaj's was 25 yard sprint, 10 yard low crawl, 10 yard high crawl, zig zag, body drag through zigzag, firemans carry back, sprint 50 yards with the ammo cans, do 3 pushups and sprint back.

They might include a grenade throw at the end where the pushups are, I'm not sure though.

PNW2011
06-25-11, 12:37 AM
No one knows where it is, my recruiter said Tacoma...

I heard there's about to be like 300 poolees there, and I'm hitting the rack, early ******* morning..

PNW2011
06-25-11, 08:58 PM
Hi, i would like to say good job out there today holmes

also, no one has chit on rss everett.

Bellevue must be super moto or super retard because that female poolee in the pink shorts ASKED to get your whole freaking pool thrashed before chow, I kept hearing that they might go at us after chow so that must have been why she opened her mouth.

Sadeghian
06-25-11, 09:23 PM
HAH it's moto bro. I got IT'd twice, and I'm the guy that the DI said when you get to my company you'll ind out (I asked the non religious ppl question). Both SSgts from my RSS made sure he knows who I am, when I get there, I'm gonna get SOOOO much special attention. lol IMA LOVE IT THOUGHT!!! I loved getting IT'd today lol KILL

Sadeghian
06-25-11, 09:31 PM
and that chick in the pink shorts is not from bellevue, I think she was from either puyallup or covington. I was at MEPS with her.. the asian chick right? because the only girl from our RSS is that ginger chick that was wearing the white basketball shorts, high top socks, and hot top basketball shoes

PNW2011
06-25-11, 09:42 PM
HAH it's moto bro. I got IT'd twice, and I'm the guy that the DI said when you get to my company you'll ind out (I asked the non religious ppl question). Both SSgts from my RSS made sure he knows who I am, when I get there, I'm gonna get SOOOO much special attention. lol IMA LOVE IT THOUGHT!!! I loved getting IT'd today lol KILL

I have no idea actually, she had dark brown curly hair. Maybe I heard wrong but I thought she said she was bellevue.

And yes haha, all of the august 8th shippers were scared sh*tless when he said that. Unfortunately my job doesn't open up for awhile so I won't likely ship on the 8th.

I saw a bunch of poolees making their shoes into a pyramid and him just freaking laying into one guy doing pushups, our RSS got away without getting messed with.

But I'm freaking sunburned to hell.

Sadeghian
06-25-11, 09:57 PM
I saw a bunch of poolees making their shoes into a pyramid and him just freaking laying into one guy doing pushups, our RSS got away without getting messed with.

I was in that IT group... that s*** rocked lol

DHY
06-26-11, 09:49 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I had an awesome time there! I did three events back to back, pull ups, CFT, then the two mile relay. The DIs were awesome! I liked their one answer, "Everything a recruit does is a mistake!"

Sadeghian
06-26-11, 10:33 PM
Lol I did IT, CFT, IT, then tug of war. I wish I got more IT time, of course now that the DI knows me, I'm sure I'm going to get more than I could ever want when I get down there.

DHY
06-26-11, 11:12 PM
Lol I did IT, CFT, IT, then tug of war. I wish I got more IT time, of course now that the DI knows me, I'm sure I'm going to get more than I could ever want when I get down there.

I saw you after you just finished the CFT, I thought about saying hey but you looked like you needed a little more recoup time and I was getting ready for my run. RSS Burlington did not get any fun time with the DIs, I wish we would have.

Sadeghian
06-27-11, 02:21 AM
I saw you after you just finished the CFT, I thought about saying hey but you looked like you needed a little more recoup time and I was getting ready for my run. RSS Burlington did not get any fun time with the DIs, I wish we would have.

I did the CFT RIGHT as soon as I was done with the IT, I had some serious tunnel vision going after the CFT, I was still going through tunnel vision when my recruiter told me to go get IT'd again lol I volunteered like 20 times before they let me go because they wanted me to be the anchor for the CFT and they said I needed my energy, I begged so much they were finally like alright. My SSgt told me to go tell the DI that I'm a little tea pot. It was so hard to do it with a straight face lol

PNW2011
06-27-11, 03:16 AM
I did the CFT RIGHT as soon as I was done with the IT, I had some serious tunnel vision going after the CFT, I was still going through tunnel vision when my recruiter told me to go get IT'd again lol I volunteered like 20 times before they let me go because they wanted me to be the anchor for the CFT and they said I needed my energy, I begged so much they were finally like alright. My SSgt told me to go tell the DI that I'm a little tea pot. It was so hard to do it with a straight face lol

exactly what ours said...

only a handful got picked to go.

Sadeghian
06-27-11, 10:53 AM
Yeah... that s*** was so f***ing fun lol

nick20110919
06-29-11, 12:29 PM
It was hilarious seeing people get screamed at by those DI's. The weather sucked big time though
-RSS Vancouver

Sadeghian
06-29-11, 01:27 PM
What are you talking about, the weather (once it got sunny), was actually nice. lol

PNW2011
06-29-11, 03:52 PM
I have the biggest farmer's tan freaking ever..