PDA

View Full Version : Enlistment revoked. [Must Re-enlist]

Goldman
06-22-11, 09:50 PM
Ok... Kind of a long story here. So bare with me.

I enlisted in the Marine Corps on January 18, 2011. My ship date was October 10, 2011. I went thru MEPS fine. Went to all but 3 Poole Functions. And not one thing was said about my ear holes. I used to have my ear's gauged. But the holes are closed up. You cannot see thru them without tugging on them.

Yesterday I called my recruiter to talk and he told me that I must re-enlist because he got a phone call saying that I must do so because of my ear holes.

What I want to know is why didn't any of the officers at the Pool functions say or ask anything about them before. And how I made it thru MEPS without any of the doctors saying anything about them. Why out of the blue do I have to re-enlist? Now I won't be leaving until March. If I'm lucky. This really upsets me because I want nothing more than to earn the title of US Marine.

My main question is; Is there any higher-up's that I can contact about this? I asked my recruiter and he said there wasn't. I'm not too sure if that's the reason I must re-enlist or if there is something my recruiter is hiding from me. Because I didn't see any official document or anything saying so.

Buhler
06-22-11, 10:21 PM
When it comes to us poolees, stuff like this gets overlooked all the time, no matter how many people see it, or how many officers or NCOs or recruiters see it, if it didnt get 100% documented up at MEPS, then you're getting screwed. trust me, im speaking form personal experience here.

as for speaking to higher ups, what would you say? I'm on your side here believe me, but what I think your recruiter is trying to get across to you is that there isn't anyone who can really help you out. just curious though, whats the big deal with re-enlisting? can't you just go back up to MEPS for 1 or 2 days and sit through all the BS, swear the oath and then be on your way?

MunkyVsRobot
06-22-11, 10:24 PM
Until the holes heal.. If they heal I think you are a no go. worst case you can ask him if you need to use the CoC.

ETA:It sounds like your problem is coming from the USMC because if MEPS had a problem with it you never would have cleared Medical. But you said you were in a sense kicked out of the DEP so you already cleared medical and swore in.

Goldman
06-23-11, 12:22 PM
When it comes to us poolees, stuff like this gets overlooked all the time, no matter how many people see it, or how many officers or NCOs or recruiters see it, if it didnt get 100% documented up at MEPS, then you're getting screwed. trust me, im speaking form personal experience here.

as for speaking to higher ups, what would you say? I'm on your side here believe me, but what I think your recruiter is trying to get across to you is that there isn't anyone who can really help you out. just curious though, whats the big deal with re-enlisting? can't you just go back up to MEPS for 1 or 2 days and sit through all the BS, swear the oath and then be on your way?

Yeah basically I just have to go back to MEPS and sign papers with the gunny there... I dont have to do the physical again. But the big deal is. I wont leave until March now. I was getting pumped and anxious to go in October. Oh well though. Guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Buhler
06-23-11, 01:56 PM
That doesnt make much sense though, shouldnt you be able to ship the week after you go up to MEPS? Why can't your recruiter send you up this weekend and have you take your old spot and ship in October?