PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team

klevifusha
06-22-11, 05:16 PM
I am a poolee and my shipping date is October 17th. I signed a contract under an infantry MOS, nothing specific like recon or security forces. However, I've been researching lately and I've become really interested in the Fleet Antiterrorism Secuirty Team and was wondering what the recruitment process is like. Since it is not part of my contract, can I still go to Security Forces Battalion after SOI? Do I simply apply for it while I'm in SOI?

Thank you for your time.

klevifusha
06-22-11, 05:36 PM
Sorry about the mistake in the first post. I meant "Security Forces Regiment", not battalion.

thewookie
06-22-11, 09:51 PM
It is MCSF Battalion, you had it right the first time. (But you can find references to MCSF "Regiment" via google and wiki, but they are wrong/outdated)

You CAN go to Security Forces but after SOI (you have to be a Grunt first before you become a Guard), but, it has to be in your contract - you just don't decide to go there, unless they ask for volunteers.

ASSuming you graduate bootcamp, once you have completed SOI and earned the 03 MOS, you will then report to MCSF school and attend the basic guard school - if you do that you will earn the 8152 MOS.

Once you have the 8152 MOS; you can ask to attend a FAST indoc; you may be picked to attend; or you may be asked to attend.

What happens at the indoc is just fun and happiness, from a USMC standpoint.

stretchusa
06-24-11, 07:14 AM
Just a few things, it is MCSF Regiment and hass been for a few years now. Second things is, there are no FAST indocs anymore, it is luck of the draw at BSG. Well that, and if your are PRP qualified.

thewookie
06-24-11, 07:58 AM
Second things is, there are no FAST indocs anymore, it is luck of the draw at BSG. Well that, and if your are PRP qualified.
Really, just contacted a friend at FAST and he said they did and indoc juist last week.

Who are you with strech, FAST?

stretchusa
06-24-11, 10:51 AM
Really, just contacted a friend at FAST and he said they did and indoc juist last week.

Who are you with strech, FAST?
Plank owner of 3rd FAST. 2nd FAST or Bravo FAST w/ever they call themselves now, doesn't have an indoc, and I asked some guys I have worked with down at BSG about it and they said there is no "official" indoc.