PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it's "not possible"

Darkside Marine
06-20-11, 05:22 PM
Hey there brothers and sisters. I want to go back to active duty and I keep hearing is "well that's not possible." I don't buy it! Hard, and a lot of work probably but there must be a way. I have been off contract for just under a year, did four active and three active reserve. I'm a Cpl with two MOS's and all the physical, RE code, normal enlistment crap is just fine...no problems with the law etc... Does any one know what needs to be done? Recruiters are either to lazy or don't know and I'm not giving up!!! I need help!
CPL. McBride

devilbones2
06-20-11, 06:31 PM
Whats your MOS?

Apache
06-20-11, 06:32 PM
Standby
A recruiter will visit this post and be able to give you a Definate answer

Did you try the recruiter NCOIC ?

Sgt Leprechaun
06-20-11, 11:26 PM
Keep chugging. One of the things going on at the moment is a massive amount of Marines who are trying to get back in due to the economy. AND...the Corps is downsizing. Combine the two and you get very, very few billets available.

Patience will be the key here, as well as perserverance. That means personal visits and long waits.

Along with that....let 'Semper Gumby' be your watchwords. If you REALLY want back in....you'll be willing to change your MOS to whatever the Corps thinks it needs at the time.

IF you are willing to do those things, your chances improve. Note that I say it's not a 'sure thing'.

Darkside Marine
06-21-11, 04:56 AM
My MOS's are 0311 and 1812... infantry and tanker. Thank you for your replies firstly. Secondly I tried the recruiter NCOIC for prior service but not for regular recruiting; will try them this week. Secondly I will wait and will not quit. I became who I am in the Corps and will never give up unless I am admitted to guard heavens streets, help run hell, or am forced into purgaory with all of my brothers (may they rest in peace) for fear of us taking over all of the above. I love my Corps and my brothers and don't care what it takes. MOS change...bring it...20 year enlistment; all in...it doesn't matter. To not be a Marine is to not exist. Semper Fi and I'll keep ya'll posted on the upcoming. I almost tried the ar*$& but my pride is too strong. Again......Thank You!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-21-11, 05:14 PM
Well said! Yeah, I did the army thing for a few years as a reservist....hated it LOL. 11B, Heavy Mech.

Good on ya. Try the regular recruiter and let us know how it works out. KEEP us in the loop by all means!

Tennessee Top
06-23-11, 08:48 PM
My MOS's are 0311 and 1812... infantry and tanker. Thank you for your replies firstly. Secondly I tried the recruiter NCOIC for prior service but not for regular recruiting; will try them this week. Secondly I will wait and will not quit. I became who I am in the Corps and will never give up unless I am admitted to guard heavens streets, help run hell, or am forced into purgaory with all of my brothers (may they rest in peace) for fear of us taking over all of the above. I love my Corps and my brothers and don't care what it takes. MOS change...bring it...20 year enlistment; all in...it doesn't matter. To not be a Marine is to not exist. Semper Fi and I'll keep ya'll posted on the upcoming. I almost tried the ar*$& but my pride is too strong. Again......Thank You!

If you love it so much then why did you give it up and get out? Grass not as green on this side as you expected? Sometimes you gotta be careful what you ask for...you just might get it.

FaDeD
06-23-11, 10:13 PM
Chances of you getitng back in are so slim. I was ptad for 4 months to a recruiting station and they had handfuls of people trying to get back in. One guy was a recon guy with a bronze star no adverse physical reports nothing. DENIED. they said he shouldnt have go out to begin with, his choice and he had to live with it

AlohaMarine
06-24-11, 07:29 AM
Here's an idea.

Get a bachelors degree.

Become a lieutenant.

Tell all the SNCOs how to run **** and get rid of the jackassery.