PDA

View Full Version : Tour extention

koedyker89
06-20-11, 02:07 AM
So i am stationed over seas, I had a unaccompanied tour and id a tour conversion which put my PCS date at January of 2012. My EAS is July 9 of 2012 and i have about 50 days for termial leave. Will my tour be extened automaticly or do i need to do anything.

And info or ideas are great

Tennessee Top
06-20-11, 03:59 AM
You could check with your S1 as they handle orders or maybe your career planner would know something since your EAS is involved.

Somebody in your chain of command should be able to find out something for you but you need to ask them and they may need to do a little research themselves.

Good luck with your future plans.

haebyungdae
06-20-11, 06:30 AM
Agreed, talk to your admin shop, they will (definitely?) know. They will most likely keep you around a little bit longer until your date for out process from the Marine Corps (if that can be done in Okinawa, not the case everywhere overseas) comes up or until you are shipped back stateside to out process from the Marines. But, by all means they could PCS you back to another unit just cause your time is up, but this is less likely.

MD8724
06-20-11, 10:39 AM
Email your monitor and ask him. MSgt Hall. His job title will tell you which one.

You might be able to get orders to PCS early, if you want, just let your SNCO know if you ask him.

Either way, he would be able to tell you what will happen to you as far as an extension for EAS.

koedyker89
06-20-11, 01:11 PM
Email your monitor and ask him. MSgt Hall. His job title will tell you which one.

You might be able to get orders to PCS early, if you want, just let your SNCO know if you ask him.

Either way, he would be able to tell you what will happen to you as far as an extension for EAS.

I'm not trying to extend my eas just my pcs is like 5 months way from my eas and I don't want to go travel to a new unit just to travel to go home it just doesnt make sence

MD8724
06-20-11, 05:53 PM
What I meant was, he will be able to tell you if you will recieve orders, or if they will extended your tour in Okinawa until you EAS.

devilbones2
06-20-11, 06:42 PM
I'm not trying to extend my eas just my pcs is like 5 months way from my eas and I don't want to go travel to a new unit just to travel to go home it just doesnt make sence

You wont. They would make you go to Seps Co at Pendleton. You will be extended unless you say something. Go say something.