PDA

View Full Version : 55 Years Ago

Old Marine
06-18-11, 05:40 PM
Fifty Five years ago today as a 21 year old Buck Sgt. I made the big step and married my high school sweetheart. Now after three children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren we are enjoying the retirement life and plan our lives around doctor appointments. Who woulda thought it.:evilgrin:

R Landry
06-18-11, 05:44 PM
Can't Drive 55 :)

Congrats!

boomer56328
06-18-11, 05:46 PM
Congratulations. Me and my wife just celebrated 10 years together. I gotta long way to go.

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 05:57 PM
Congratulations Willie, It ain't easy surviving that many years with the same womao, and I've got the scars to prove it. I've made it through 59, going for 60. It worries me though, because she just went out and bought a new double barrelled rolling pin, and I can't find my damned helmet! Be good to each other Brother. S/F!! Ken

Phantom Blooper
06-18-11, 06:01 PM
Congratulations Gunny Willie....wishing you both many more years!:beer:

Marine84
06-18-11, 06:10 PM
WOW! Congratulations!

You've been married longer than I've been alive.

Mongoose
06-18-11, 06:48 PM
Fifty Five years ago today as a 21 year old Buck Sgt. I made the big step and married my high school sweetheart. Now after three children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren we are enjoying the retirement life and plan our lives around doctor appointments. Who woulda thought it.:evilgrin:
I married mine too. Shes gone now. But left me with 7 kids, 14 grand kids, two great grand kids.

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 06:58 PM
Billy and Willie, i don't want to brag, but I'm going to anyway. My bride and i cooperated in the production of 6 Kids, Three boys and an equal number of girls, all of them very productive. 22 grands, and 7 G-Grands, and the grands are just getting started. Scarey ain't it?:D

Tennessee Top
06-18-11, 07:14 PM
My ex only hung around for 4 years then swooped with Jody and our schnauzer. Oh well, life in the tropics and it was her loss anyway. No kids in the picture (that I know of that is). That experience screwed my brain-housing group up pretty bad so I've always been gun shy with serious relationships since then (won't allow myself to get burned twice). Being a single career SNCO sure made my life a lot simpler I must say.

Congratulations Willie and all the others who kept the flame burning for so many years.

FistFu68
06-18-11, 07:16 PM
:evilgrin: That's something to be very Proud of...My Cover goes off too You Men,Maybe this time I'll get it Right? S/F GodBless Ya...:thumbup: :iwo:

USNAviator
06-18-11, 07:25 PM
Congrats Gunny to you and your bride. May you have many more happy years together

Fair winds

doc h fmf
06-18-11, 07:28 PM
Congrats!!! Gunny And Wife Godbless And May You All Have Many More!!!
Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3fmf

joseywales
06-18-11, 07:39 PM
congratulations Old Marine. I wont go into anything aboug ex wifes this aint the place for that, this is strictly congrats on a fine marriage anniversary. Semper Fi, Old Marine, and congrats

rufus1
06-18-11, 07:50 PM
I pray to GOD that you and your little lady have many many more years of happiness together with a very enjoyable retirement. :banana: Please slow up on those Doctor appointments though. I am not even close in the running for ex-wives,children,grand children etc.etc.

RLE0352
06-18-11, 07:53 PM
Congratulations Gunny!

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 08:05 PM
You young kids, just ask Willie, He'll tell you what it takes to be a husband that long.
A soft voice
the ability to duck fast
Running shoes help a lot
and learning how to say, "YES DEAR!" with sincerity.
Be happy Willie, and Mrs. Willie. ;) S/F!! ken

EGTSpec
06-18-11, 08:06 PM
Fifty Five years ago today as a 21 year old Buck Sgt. I made the big step and married my high school sweetheart. Now after three children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren we are enjoying the retirement life and plan our lives around doctor appointments. Who woulda thought it.:evilgrin:Congrats you old fart. I was not even a gleam in my old man's eye 55 years ago. Almost, but not quite.

Apache
06-18-11, 08:36 PM
Congratulations
May you have many more years together

Mongoose
06-18-11, 08:38 PM
My grandfather and grandmother was married 80 something years. They made theirr own beer and both dipped snuff for as long as I remember. Grand dad was 101 when he died, grandma was 99 when she left.

tripledog
06-18-11, 08:40 PM
Lonnnnng job , done good.

Mongoose
06-18-11, 08:47 PM
My ex only hung around for 4 years then swooped with Jody and our schnauzer. Oh well, life in the tropics and it was her loss anyway. No kids in the picture (that I know of that is). That experience screwed my brain-housing group up pretty bad so I've always been gun shy with serious relationships since then (won't allow myself to get burned twice). Being a single career SNCO sure made my life a lot simpler I must say.

Congratulations Willie and all the others who kept the flame burning for so many years.
No Top, what you have been doing is great in my books. We dont all have to be married forever.

Quinbo
06-19-11, 02:54 AM
I'm the king of my castle but whenever the queen is not around I walk around and mumble to myself.

Congratulations on your anneversary!!!

Semper fi

Old Marine
06-19-11, 10:01 AM
Many, many thanks to all my Marine brothers, and a "Happy Fathers Day" to you.

Osotogary
06-21-11, 02:31 PM
I'm the king of my castle but whenever the queen is not around I walk around and mumble to myself.

I don't need a Queen around the house to mumble. I think that my mumbling is a very, very, short abbreviation of the words..."Yes, dear."

All the best to you and yours, Old Marine. Congratulations many times over.

gys
06-21-11, 03:06 PM
January 26, 2011 made us 53 years, 5 boys, 1 girl, 15 grandkids, 5 great grandkids. Would not have it any other way... Congratulations Old Marine.

hbharrison
06-21-11, 05:53 PM
Congratulations Willie, and to your young Lady and many more to you both.:beer::beer: