PDA

View Full Version : Why

Ray Merrell
06-18-11, 08:03 AM
Can anyone tell me...after I log in, type my message then I'm told I can not post. I have wasted a lot of time by having that happpen.
I am told to refresh...but I see no where to do that, and anyway why should I have to? Please answer.

Gung Ho,

Ray

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 08:31 AM
Can anyone tell me...after I log in, type my message then I'm told I can not post. I have wasted a lot of time by having that happpen.
I am told to refresh...but I see no where to do that, and anyway why should I have to? Please answer.

Gung Ho,

Ray

That used to happen to me a lot Ray. I never did figure out why. Maybe the mods think we're too young to know how to maneuver through the mine=fields they've set up. Ask Sgt. Lep., Or one of the Officers to help you. Go to the war room, and ask Dan, or Dave. Don't forget to stand at attention and salute. :) S/F!! Ken

Ray Merrell
06-18-11, 08:37 AM
Thank you Ken...I'll do that. I have posted a lot of "stuff" that didn't get posted, guess it wasn't that important anyway.

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 09:02 AM
Thank you Ken...I'll do that. I have posted a lot of "stuff" that didn't get posted, guess it wasn't that important anyway.

Everything you say is important, on this site RAY. I think you are the MARINE EMIRITIS her! :marine: S/F!! Ken

m14ed
06-18-11, 09:27 PM
Ray

Im gonna guess you may be using a Dial Up connection....
When they work right , things go pretty good.
When they dont, they're a pain in the a$$ to gain much headway .

That wont help much i know , but you arent the only one to suffer
with it.

Quinbo
06-19-11, 01:19 AM
Make sure your computer accepts cookies. When you log in check the "remember me" box. You must be logged in to post. If you are looking for a simple method to refresh any web page ... press the F5 key.

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 04:35 AM
M14, thanks for your reply, but I don't have dial up. Must be something else.

Bulkyker, I'll have to check with my daughter to find out what cookies are, as you can tell I'm not very computer wise. I will try checking the (remember me) box and press the F5 key.

Ken, I have left a message for Sgt Lep.

Thanks to all,

Ray

Ed Palmer
06-19-11, 06:16 AM
Ray
I used to have a problem like that ,and I cured it by remaining loged in; So I never log out try thast.
S F
ED

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 06:29 AM
Thanks Ed, I'll try that also.

Gung Ho,

Ray

03Foxtrot
06-19-11, 06:41 AM
Ray,
I too have had this problem from day one and I still can't figure it out. It is true that you must allow cookies and also you must not have pop-up windows blocked. You can find this under your preferences. Also, I noticed, when I am on private browsing, a way to go to sites with not recording history, like when we pay bills on-line, that I can not log on or stay logged on to this forum. My biggest complaint is that once I properly log on, I seem to time out if I'm reading posts only or when I do write something lengthy or spend a lot of time composing and checking, like you, it asked me to log in again. After I do, sometimes my words are posted and sometimes they disappear into cyberspace. I know how this frustrates you and me both.
Take care and thank you for your service against the Japanese Empire.

Respectfully, Scott

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 07:13 AM
Thank you Scott, its good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I am taking your advice and will get brave enough to attempt posting something lengthy again one of these days.

And I thank YOU Scott, Ken, m14ed, Bulk6yker, and Ed, for YOUR service.

Gung Ho,

Ray

USNAviator
06-19-11, 07:29 AM
Ray I'm not sure I have the answer but I type worse than most and I've noticed when I'm writing something long LN times out. Meaning if there isn't any activity and you're logged on it requires you to refresh. Also when the site was updated last the editing function was drastically reduced. It use to be for 5 minutes now I think it's closer to 1 minute

Not sure if this is the answer to your problem but you're not alone

Have a great day

wildwoman73
06-19-11, 07:52 AM
That used to happen to me a lot Ray. I never did figure out why. Maybe the mods think we're too young to know how to maneuver through the mine=fields they've set up. Ask Sgt. Lep., Or one of the Officers to help you. Go to the war room, and ask Dan, or Dave. Don't forget to stand at attention and salute. :) S/F!! Ken
Hahahaha....that was funny!!!

advanced
06-19-11, 07:53 AM
You can refresh your screen by right clicking your mouse, refresh should be one of the options.

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 07:53 AM
Thank you Dan, One minute! Wow! Taking your advice to "refresh".

I had two brotherrs in the Navy, got to see one on Okinawa and he slept in a foxhole with me...wanted to know why I didn't dig it deeper.

Thank you for your service.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 07:57 AM
Thanks advanced, I'll try that also.

Gung Ho,

Ray

USNAviator
06-19-11, 07:59 AM
Thank you Dan, One minute! Wow! Taking your advice to "refresh".

I had two brotherrs in the Navy, got to see one on Okinawa and he slept in a foxhole with me...wanted to know why I didn't dig it deeper.

Thank you for your service.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Ray for someone who is not a Marine, there is no such a thing as not deep enough!!!

Thank you for your service as well Ray

kenrobg30
06-19-11, 08:09 AM
Ray for someone who is not a Marine, there is no such a thing as not deep enough!!!

Thank you for your service as well Ray

I'm sure Ray will agree with this DAN. You dig 8ft straight down, turn 90%, and don't stop digging until you get to Kansas, then dig straight up, and hitch-hike home.

Be fore I forget, Happy Fathers day. :D SW/F!! Ken

Ray Merrell
06-19-11, 01:10 PM
I would add...home to Missouri from neigboring Kansas.