PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Vietnam

Marine1955
06-17-11, 11:38 AM
Very Powerful Message.

(http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/%3Cobject%20width=)<object height="510" width="640">
<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ASETse4oNlI?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="510" width="640"></object> (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/%3Cobject%20width=)

advanced
06-17-11, 12:17 PM
What a powerful flick Bill. I was also with the 1/5 Jan-Feb 68, then the 3/5. The flick brought back a lot of memories for me.

What part of Memphis are you from. After I got out I was a cop there during the 70's. I lived in Midtown and Germantown.

kenrobg30
06-17-11, 04:46 PM
Bill, that is indeed a powerful thing. Some thing went wrong with my speakers, so I had no sound, but the pictures don't need sound for the Marines who were there. Sempre Fi Brother.
Ken

Mongoose
06-17-11, 05:38 PM
It is very powerful. Except that's the 3/26. That's me. Don't know where it came from. That was taken during operation Oklahoma Hills They had combat photo personal there 5 or 7 days. We humped up and down and across, With no food ,no sleep, nothing.Thats me Russ.

Otter5
06-17-11, 06:16 PM
outstanding,to the ones of us that have "handled it this many years" PTSD is something you don`t know you have but comes back many yrs later, guess being a Marine sort of ingrained in us , any obsticle , you go over under around or through , Thanks for tha vid BRO

Mongoose
06-17-11, 06:21 PM
I just put a pic of me , home on extended leave. Dec. of 69.Was home long enough to get married and grow side burns.. Notice the VA special. A cast with an inch of blood stinking. In the bottom

Mongoose
06-17-11, 11:50 PM
[quote=Mongoose;782421]It is very powerful. Except that's the 3/26. That's me. Don't know where it came from. That was taken during operation Oklahoma Hills They had combat photo personal there 5 or 7 days. We humped up and down and across, With no food ,no sleep, nothing.Thats me Russ.[/quoteiI DNT OKNNOW ABOUT PPC. THAT MEAN LOOKING SOB IS YOURS TRULY. NOW, ALL YOU OLD MARINES MAKE A LIIAR OUTOF ME.

duckman9
06-18-11, 03:29 AM
powerful stuff, i don't know what i would do if i saw myself in a power point like that,damn mongoose i do believe you are a better man than i. having that come back at me without knowing ,thats got to be worse than a flashback
s/f bro take care duckman

advanced
06-18-11, 05:36 AM
It is very powerful. Except that's the 3/26. That's me. Don't know where it came from. That was taken during operation Oklahoma Hills They had combat photo personal there 5 or 7 days. We humped up and down and across, With no food ,no sleep, nothing.Thats me Russ.

Awesome Brother - I wouldn't have expected anything less from our resident Hollywood Marine. Us real Marines were never trained in posing for photo ops. Are you sure those pic's were taken in the Nam, looks a little like los pogus.

PS - They did a great makeup job on ya'll.

kenrobg30
06-18-11, 02:47 PM
Bill,
I got my sound bacvk on this stupid machine, and took the tour again. It's not just Powerful, it's amazing.

I always had a picture of Nam as being mostly flat and with swamps and jungle bush, but take away the choppers, and it looks a lot like ' The Land of the Morning Calm'. Our choppers were fewer and smaller. Thank you for this reminder. :flag: S/F!!! Ken

advanced
06-18-11, 02:55 PM
Bill,
I got my sound bacvk on this stupid machine, and took the tour again. It's not just Powerful, it's amazing.

I always had a picture of Nam as being mostly flat and with swamps and jungle bush, but take away the choppers, and it looks a lot like ' The Land of the Morning Calm'. Our choppers were fewer and smaller. Thank you for this reminder. :flag: S/F!!! Ken

Those mountains Bill went straight up out of the ground. Beautiful country, very deadly, but beautiful. And the French were there 20 years before us.