PDA

View Full Version : Grilling Season!!!

YLDNDN6
06-16-11, 01:44 PM
Alrighty then. The summer grilling season is upon us here in Michigan, and I am curious about what everyone else likes to throw on the grill. My favorite thing to do is burgers. Sounds pretty tame, but I have a way with the burger. I like to mix in some worcestershire sauce with the raw meat, then dice up onion and banana pepper and add that in. Then, a bit of garlic powder and seasoned salt are added, and the patties get formed. When they are on the grill, I braise them with A-1 sauce just as they are getting done, and add a slice of either swiss cheese or some pepper jack cheese. The result is an amazing taste sensation that guarantees that I have to do the grilling at all of the family gatherings. I also like to put pork loin on the grill or even a small roast, and season them with seasoned salt or whatever I have around. I love the steak and chop sauce by London Pub for the pork loins. Try it, it's great! Next!

maddy
06-16-11, 02:01 PM
*mouth waters* my favorite is ribs. Don't boil first just grill, add sauce and voila! Delicious

Troutzilla
06-16-11, 02:45 PM
Something that sizzles !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Sagm3vmLY&feature=related

elliscraig12
06-16-11, 03:01 PM
Chicken, Steaks, Pork and Roasts.

boomer56328
06-16-11, 03:39 PM
I like to mix in some worcestershire sauce with the raw meat, then dice up onion and banana pepper and add that in. Then, a bit of garlic powder and seasoned salt are added, and the patties get formed. When they are on the grill, I braise them with A-1 sauce just as they are getting done, and add a slice of either swiss cheese or some pepper jack cheese.

Not a good cook so i'm pretty tame. I just throw meat on the fire and eat it when it looks done. That looks really good though and I'll think I'll give it a shot next time I light the grill.

Apache
06-16-11, 04:24 PM
Two "recipes"
Pork tenderloin
Marinate for 4 hrs in a grocery store bottled marinate
On the grill for about 45 minutes
Stick the center of mass for temperate 145 degrees

Chicken or beef
Wrap meat-patties-onions-mushrooms-whatever in alum foil
On the grill low heat 30 min a side

YLDNDN6
06-17-11, 07:19 PM
Two "recipes"
Pork tenderloin
Marinate for 4 hrs in a grocery store bottled marinate
On the grill for about 45 minutes
Stick the center of mass for temperate 145 degrees

Chicken or beef
Wrap meat-patties-onions-mushrooms-whatever in alum foil
On the grill low heat 30 min a side
Sounds good...gonna have to try it! C'mon people! I know you guys eat!!! Let's have some more recipes or suggestions!

bonedaddy0313
06-17-11, 07:45 PM
Ok......so I consider myself a decent griller. Lets go with an easy one that has never failed me. Tri-tip, this recipe is so easy it will make your head spin. Take a average size tri-tip roast and season with equal parts salt,pepper and granulated garlic (not heavy, you want the meat to do all the talkin'). Heat your grill up and throw the meat on low-medium (easier to control) heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes a side. After 20 minutes check the temp of the meat and adjust to your doneness (I like it mediumish). If your close to the temp you want (within 5 degrees), take it off the grill, cover in foil and let it rest for 5 minutes. Again, let the meat do the talkin...makin my mouth water just thinkin about it.

bonedaddy0313
06-17-11, 08:05 PM
For those who like the heat, I have a personal recipe that will make you a star. There are many versions, but I like to keep the ingredients simple. Its a little time consuming but so worth it.

Jalepeno Poppers - (on the grill)
12 - med sized whole jalepeno peppers
1 - pkg bacon (at least 12 pieces).
1- 8oz package cream cheese
1 - pkg round toothpicks
1- disposable pastry/icying bag (makes life easier)
1- pr disposable gloves (for handling jalepeno's
Directions:
Top the jalepenos to access seeds and veins (recommend gloves for handling). Slice lenthwise down one side of jalepeno. Remove seeds and veins. Take 8 oz pkg of cream cheese and put into icing bag. Insert end of bag into top of jalepeno and fill pepper. Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon and secure through popper with a toothpick. (Health conscious can slice bacon in half.) Heat grille to med-high heat, reduce to med-low heat. Put poppers on the grille and rotate every couple of minutes until bacon crisp and jalepeno is soft and lightly charred. Recommend leaving grill cover open because of flare ups. Cooking time approx. 10-15 minutes.
Good Luck.......

SlingerDun
06-17-11, 11:24 PM
Beef Ribs
Salmon
Steelhead

Charcoal heat with a stick of alder or sage brush, if i got it handy

SlingerDun
06-17-11, 11:27 PM
Oh, and i make sauce with molasses, liquid smoke, worchestyshire and ketchup:confused:

hussaf
06-18-11, 06:19 AM
bonedaddy,
I love bacon-wrapped poppers...its one of my specialties. I typically keep the veins and seeds in after my 93 year old grandmother complained they were not spicy enough! Anyway, I also throw them in the freezer for a bit, after assembled, to help keep them together when they grill (since the pepper and cream cheese heat at different rates). Also I like to put them on oiled tin foil since bacon fat can make a pretty serious fire.

I like doing bacon-wrapped scallops as well.

bonedaddy0313
06-18-11, 10:40 AM
hussaf,
I'm with your grandmother on the spice level, but when i make it for friends and family, I have to tone it down. I like the freezer angle, gonna a try it. thanks.

FistFu68
06-18-11, 11:39 AM
:beer: ELK Bacstrap---Salmon-Wild Boar in tha Pit DELISH :beer: :thumbup: