PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos after Earning the Title

jeonpaolo
06-15-11, 09:54 PM
Made this post to see who plans on getting a USMC tattoo after earning the title and possible post the tattoo they want to get. I'll Start.

I want to get something that is a combo of the Marine Corps, my MOS, Faith, and USA. I'm thinking about getting my first USMC tattoo after my first deployment though...

How bout you guys?

Gray4
06-15-11, 10:26 PM
Can we get a tat on our 10 day leave between boot and MCT i want the EGA on my left peck.

jeonpaolo
06-15-11, 10:27 PM
Can we get a tat on our 10 day leave between boot and MCT i want the EGA on my left peck.

You left peck is always covered so yea you should be able too. But I think you have to do paperwork for it because it needs to be documented.

Dutch 44
06-15-11, 10:31 PM
Something with chesty killing the firemonster dragon thing from the recruiting commercials, thatd be pretty salty

dotKev
06-15-11, 11:28 PM
Possibly a bulldog and USMC under said dog... Not quite sure yet, but definitely looking forward to it.

93Reaper
06-16-11, 06:51 AM
Kind of stupid that i got it from a t-shirt but whatever i thought it was ill.
http://www.grunt.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/150x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/T/T/TT7.jpg.jpg

MunkyVsRobot
06-16-11, 11:20 AM
I was thinking of getting one prolly something like USMC, or property of USMC. But I intend to wait till I hit the fleet, just incase something else changes.

PNW2011
06-16-11, 03:43 PM
Well for the intel poolees I'm going to advise against it, you never know what you're going to be doing out of the Corps. Tattoos can be used to identify you quite easily.

kollinfig
06-16-11, 10:57 PM
I do want to get a tattoo eventually, but definately not right after boot camp. I've seen some pretty crazy ones that people get on boot leave, for example, I saw a pic of a guy that got pretty much his whole back covered with a devil dog (pretty dumb IMO). I just don't know what is going to happen, who knows I may decide later on that I want to be an officer...getting tattoos now would basically erase that option so I'll wait.

That being said, I would eventually want an EGA tattoo over my heart, possibly with my years of service underneath and the words "Semper Fidelis" around there somewhere too.

PNW2011
06-17-11, 01:29 AM
Oh I'm certainly all for it as long as you're not a tard about it. I just don't think it's for me, as much pride I have in the Marine Corps I don't want people knowing that I'm even enlisting. Everyone's got opinions and frankly I don't care for them.

IHaveEGA843
06-17-11, 06:59 AM
No

robbyj
06-17-11, 06:09 PM
Why not get a brand?

DudefromDiego
06-20-11, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but nothing USMC related. We had a dude at our RSS who earned his title, who got a big ol Eagle, Globe, Anchor on his back, but popped on a poly he needed for his MOS and is now breaking rocks...

MunkyVsRobot
06-21-11, 06:01 PM
Thats what im on about, wait till you hit the fleet then talk to your snco about it. Last thing you need to do besides what that fellow did is get one that is outside regs or get one then the policy...

robbyj
06-21-11, 11:34 PM
I was told to check with your CO to make sure its ok and then make sure the tattoo is documented in your service record (Or something along those lines). <br />
<br />
Did he pop on the poly because he tried to...

DudefromDiego
06-22-11, 04:42 PM
I was told to check with your CO to make sure its ok and then make sure the tattoo is documented in your service record (Or something along those lines).

Did he pop on the poly because he tried to lie about his tattoo?

Nah. Criminal record. Guess he took a joyride to Arizona (taking a stolen car across state lines, major no-no :evilgrin:) and never told. I know on poly's they don't sweat the small stuff, but when you have federal offenses, you're pretty much screwed. Thus he is locked up in Quantico and will probably come back west to finish off his sentence at Miramar. Or at least so I've heard.

Nichols
06-22-11, 07:09 PM
Honestly, when I first thought about enlisting I was all about getting a tattoo to show that I've earned my EGA but once I started to think about it I don't want it to end up conflicting with any of the job opportunites I may have in the future of the Marine Corps.

bposey8152
06-23-11, 01:09 AM
My first tattoo won't be USMC directly, but I want 'Caelitus Michi Veries' across my chest in some kind of elegant, but masculine cursive. It translates into 'My Strength comes from Heaven.' Then I want Joshua 1:9 somewhere else. Maybe across my back. Favorite bible verse.

PooleePatton
06-23-11, 01:22 AM
If it wasn't for the tattoo regulations in place I would have gotten my first tattoo like I've planned on doing for a very long time. But as it stands I can't, and the way I figure it I've waited this long whats a couple more months?

Most likely I'll start with a EGA on the shoulder. Yeah, sounds like a good place to start.

DudefromDiego
06-24-11, 12:46 AM
The only tattoos I plan on getting is one on my right shoulder, and I'm thinking of an outline of California, a little red star where San Diego is relative to the state, San Diego, CA in a cool font, and the Eagle, Globe, Anchor in the middle. The star to represent my hometown, and the Eagle, Globe, Anchor because... well... I'd be a Marine. And one on my left shoulder that would be a tribute to a deceased family member. That's about it. Nothing too extragavagant. Everything else will just fall in line I guess...

Honore1
07-01-11, 09:18 PM
Im planning on getting the EGA on my left shouder and this on my right:

PooleeDuRose
07-02-11, 12:19 AM
After BC, i plan on a Tat of the USMC emblem on my chest where my heart is, My last name on shoulder blades, on the right side of my body im gettin USMC vertically down it, n when i retire after 20 yrs total, ill be gettin my rank insignia on my left n right arm muscle.:flag:

PNW2011
07-02-11, 12:35 AM
Nah. Criminal record. Guess he took a joyride to Arizona (taking a stolen car across state lines, major no-no :evilgrin:) and never told. I know on poly's they don't sweat the small stuff, but when you have federal offenses, you're pretty much screwed. Thus he is locked up in Quantico and will probably come back west to finish off his sentence at Miramar. Or at least so I've heard.

I imagine he was going linguist or intel if it required a polygraph test.

What an idiot... you sign up for a job knowing that they're going to investigate you to the tiniest details..

IHaveEGA843
07-02-11, 09:53 PM
Believe me, some of yalls plans will change with age......

I wanted to be tatted up but as I got older I thought about how dumb it would've been

93Reaper
07-02-11, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking for a while now, i think im just not going to get a tattoo. I dont really care about getting one or not so why get something permanent if i dont care.

ChrrySkoal
07-13-11, 09:43 PM
144:1 Palsm on top of my back
USMC going down my side of my ribs then my tags on the otherside
others yet to be decided ...im hoping to become a DI after my first enlistment is over which I hope to get more on my arms if allowed.:evilgrin:

ChrrySkoal
07-13-11, 09:58 PM
Why not get a brand?

Im down lol

Truthfully my life's been hell. I plan on being a cop when I retire the only people I really would "show off too" would be kids that live a smilar life as mine to show them theres that you don't have to follow bad influences (future tense) anyone else don't need to know my buiseness if they ask id say, yah I am then leave it at that

DrinkTwiceT1000
07-19-11, 12:34 AM
With any tattoo you need to make sure that it is one you want to have for the rest of your life. I have one that I had been wanting for years, but it took me forever to find a design I liked. You may definitely want a USMC tattoo, but make sure that it is a design that is going to look good in 30 years when you're retired and not quite the same shape as when you graduated basic.