PDA

View Full Version : Series of Questions from a future Marine!

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 04:59 PM
Where to begin?.. First i will say that i live in North Carolina and am currently 19 years old, 6',4'' tall with a bulk frame (thick bones as evident by the width of my wrists which have next to no fat) and i weigh in at just over 400lbs. Obviously i am out of shape considerably. I reckon i could afford to lose about 150 to 160lbs which of course best case scenario would put me at 240lbs. But i am convinced that at least a sizable part of my total weight is muscle. My first question is: Is my height considered too tall to join the Corps? My second question is: Even if i am considered fit with my height and frame at 260lbs, is that too heavy to join the Marines? I also need to say that i injured my right ankle a few years back when i was only 250lbs when i jumped off of a roof about 10ft off the ground by landing sideways on it (kinda like a right angle). It was only a hair line fracture but ever since, swells at a constant rate. It is always bigger than my normal left foot. Weight could be a factor of the swelling but it also aches on rare occasions. Which leads me to my third question: Is that a big issue with passing medical before enlistment? Now, my last question is sort of a broad one. Obviously i need to start training my body. I really have never excersizing my whole life as evident by the fact that 20 or 30 crunches can be difficult for me at times, even 5 full pushups are virtually impossible for me at this time. I am in pathetic shape indeed. Something i will be changing. But my question is where do i begin if i dont have the money for a gym and am unable to go to any local parks (due to gas). I do have a 25lb weight to help me along but i want to work out correctly and not screw anything up. So i ask: Where do i begin with the excersizing bit as in something smallish to start with and even some planning tips. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

USNAviator
06-13-11, 05:23 PM
Well you seem to have quite a few obstacles to over come. But first. please fill in your profile, site rules.

I can answer one question for you, no you're not too tall for the Corps.

I'm sure others will be by to answer you're other questions. But I have one for you, how the hell at 19 did you get so heavy??

iamspartacus
06-13-11, 05:28 PM
You're not too tall to join the Marine Corps. Go here for height and weight standards: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/a/weightmale.htm

As far as losing weight, the FIRST thing I suggest you do is start eating right. People don't realize how important a healthy diet is. You can lose weight simply by eating right and monitoring your calorie intake. Even if you don't "exercise", you still burn a couple thousand calories a day just by doing nothing. What exercising does is not only burn a bunch of calories at once, but raises your natural metabolic rate. That means you burn more calories thorough the day even when you're not working out.

As far as exercising goes, you need to do a lot of cardio. Running, walking, biking, etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up, and gets you sweating. I'm not saying not to lift weights, but if you do lift weights, you're going to want to do more reps with less weight. You want lean, tone muscle that will help you run or bike more. Not big bulky muscles. You don't need a gym to do cardio. There's no law against running on the sidewalk. Hell, you could probably go down to your local library and check out some work out videos. Will you feel silly doing them? Maybe. But if you stick with it you'll see results just the same as if you went to the gym.

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 05:31 PM
I'm sure others will be by to answer you're other questions. But I have one for you, how the hell at 19 did you get so heavy??[/quote]

Well my family does have a history of thyroid problems but i have never been diagnosed so i cannot say. I can say however that pretty much 8 years or so lack of discipline impacts it alot. Some people can eat all they want and not gain a pound and some people eat well withing the realm of normal and gain weight. Some people have to excersize at my age and some dont. I am certainly one that needs to. Thanks for the reply.

USNAviator
06-13-11, 05:33 PM
I'm sure others will be by to answer you're other questions. But I have one for you, how the hell at 19 did you get so heavy??

Well my family does have a history of thyroid problems but i have never been diagnosed so i cannot say. I can say however that pretty much 8 years or so lack of discipline impacts it alot. Some people can eat all they want and not gain a pound and some people eat well withing the realm of normal and gain weight. Some people have to excersize at my age and some dont. I am certainly one that needs to. Thanks for the reply.[/quote]

Thank you for your honesty. Your max weight at your height is 226 lbs.

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 05:35 PM
Yeah i was indeed confused about the whole lean vs. bulk muscle. Appreciate you clearing that up. I do also have a 11lb weight, think that'll do? I will get right the cardio stuff for sure. As for eating, i eat normal portions but i could definitely learn to eat a larger variety of stuff... Very very helpful comment! Thanks!

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 05:37 PM
Gosh i hope 226 is possible with my build....Thank You!

Mongoose
06-13-11, 06:17 PM
Gosh i hope 226 is possible with my build....Thank You!
My next to the oldest son is 6' 5". Weighs 225. So you can do it.

Tennessee Top
06-13-11, 06:45 PM
You don't need to join a gym to work out.

But...you DO need the personal motivation and dedication to do it regularly to the point you'll see real results.

Good luck.

Zebra29er
06-13-11, 08:38 PM
Start running even if at first around the block , it don't have to be a speed thing ..just a steady pace . and build it up after you are comfortable with what you are doing ... you will be surprised how fast the wight comes off .. and watch the diet.

the Corps dose a lot of running in boot camp.

Old Marine
06-13-11, 08:51 PM
Well you seem to have quite a few obstacles to over come. But first. please fill in your profile, site rules.

I can answer one question for you, no you're not too tall for the Corps.

Its called table muscle. Usually due to not pushing away from said table and continuing to intake food of all kinds.

This guy needs to see a Recruiter.:evilgrin:

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 09:26 PM
Its called table muscle. Usually due to not pushing away from said table and continuing to intake food of all kinds.

This guy needs to see a Recruiter.:evilgrin:

i was wondering when a bloke like you would show up...you are right to a point but the main reason is just pure lack of exercise. You should read down a little lower next time. Stigma's are ignorant. Don't assume just because someone is out of shape that they over-eat as that is not my case. Also a recruiter might very well turn me away based on just how out of shape i am but i could be wrong and welcome any correction. Thanks for the comment anyway though!

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 09:28 PM
Start running even if at first around the block , it don't have to be a speed thing ..just a steady pace . and build it up after you are comfortable with what you are doing ... you will be surprised how fast the wight comes off .. and watch the diet.

the Corps dose a lot of running in boot camp.

The problem is that in my immediate area there is no great place to run without getting mowed down by neglecting drivers. Question though: Would running in place produce similar results? I really appreciate it! Means alot!

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 09:37 PM
You don't need to join a gym to work out.

But...you DO need the personal motivation and dedication to do it regularly to the point you'll see real results.

Good luck.

Yeah I feel ya there! I know i have what it takes as far as motivation to do it. I have never wanted anything more in my life that to join the Marines. Im not as naive as to think that it will be like movies or whatever. I just dont want to think back to this time of my life and regret that i didnt do something that i wanted to. Past generations have succeeded and i refuse to believe that i cant like most of my disgraceful generation! Also i believe that the purpose of life is to improve and the Marines is a great path to doing just that through learning discipline and the training. Bottom line, i dont think motivation is too much of an issue for me but i will definitely keep your words in mind. Thanks!

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 09:49 PM
My next to the oldest son is 6' 5". Weighs 225. So you can do it.

Thanks!

Old Marine
06-13-11, 10:03 PM
i was wondering when a bloke like you would show up...you are right to a point but the main reason is just pure lack of exercise. You should read down a little lower next time. Stigma's are ignorant. Don't assume just because someone is out of shape that they over-eat as that is not my case. Also a recruiter might very well turn me away based on just how out of shape i am but i could be wrong and welcome any correction. Thanks for the comment anyway though!

Your very welcome.

By the way, we have a place for you in recruit training called The Hog Farm.:evilgrin:

I would suggest you grow some thick skin if you are going to be posting on this forum.

CuriousWarrior
06-13-11, 10:41 PM
Your very welcome.

By the way, we have a place for you in recruit training called The Hog Farm.:evilgrin:

I would suggest you grow some thick skin if you are going to be posting on this forum.

i actually wasnt making a big deal about it. i took no real offense. I am a pretty laid back guy so literally its not a bother. Obviously i dont have a problem with admitting im out of shape since i am on here in the first place so im not sure where the getting some thick skin thing came from but whatever. i mean common man your self esteem must be done for... but anyway some constructive feedback would be apprecated instead of bull****

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 01:12 AM
Here is some constructive feedback. You don't have to like it but if you want to remain a member of this website you better believe it.

1. It does not appear you have taken the time to read the site rules for wannabes (that's you and you posted in the wrong forum as you are not a Marine). So, the first piece of constructive feedback is to take about ten minutes and read the rules. If you don't read the rules, and continue to break them, your time here will be very short as wannabes discover every day. You do not have the right to be on this website; it is a privilege which can and will be taken away from you (believe it or not).

2. Look under the poster's name. In your case, it says "Marine friend" (or wannabe). If it says Marine, then that person has earned the title you claim to aspire to some day. You WILL respect that title on this website which, you may have missed, is for and ran by Marines. That means, no attitudes and snide remarks. You come on our forum and ask us questions then you open yourself up for our answers...period. Some wannabes like the answers and some don't. We don't care either way. We don't care if you stay on this forum or if your account is deleted tomorrow. We DO care if you are disrespectful to a Marine and it will not be tolerated.

3. Final piece of constructive feedback. The attitude stops today. Now, go read the rules for poolees and wannabes...it's important.

wildwoman73
06-14-11, 01:38 AM
Dang Top!! Sick 'em!!

CuriousWarrior....you have some work to do. I'll see if I can find this kick butt work out list. Actually, it's just a warm up. But at the rate you explain, it may be a good start. You are in a position that you don't need to worry about what the Corps will accept. You need to get your height/weight in check for health reasons. It's a tough regemine to start and stick with but well worth it. Anything is possible if you have the heart.

Top is right. Wannabe's come on here and ask all sorts of advise. You aren't just talking to super motivators here. You are talking to Marines of many eras of conflict. Some are tolerant of bs. Others attack it like a lion does fresh meat.

Bottom line, respect those you ask advice from. And then take their advise. Don't whine and come up with excuses or what if's. And don't pizz in your boots when someone says something you don't like. It is what it is.

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 02:33 AM
Wildwoman73,

It is our website and our rules. They can play by our rules or get extricated...simple. Besides, respecting the title Marine should not be difficult anyway. Unfortunately, many learn the hard way.

See you updated your avatar pic...nice!

SGT7477
06-14-11, 05:36 AM
Your very welcome.

:thumbup:,Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
06-14-11, 05:38 AM
Lucky you didn't meet Gunny in recruit training, Semper Fidelis.:D

wildwoman73
06-14-11, 05:39 AM
Thank you Top. I also added a few more to each album. I either finally figured out how or the glitch became resolved.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 07:22 AM
This is a way bigger deal than i was making it but i understand where you guys are coming from for sure so ....fair enough...

Apache
06-14-11, 07:27 AM
Curious
I connect with your frame size
My step dad #2 was 6-5 300 lbs
He set telephone poles for a living before a lot of equipment was introduced
A Bull

His service was in the Army

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 08:14 AM
Posts 12 and 17 indicate possible troll material.

No its really not. I was just addressing the pointlessness of his initial comment. Can you tell me what it added to this thread? Anyway its done so no point worrying about it. Please move on...

Old Marine
06-14-11, 12:01 PM
I imagine you have a High School or College in your city. Why don't you take some initative and go there and use their track which usually is around the football field. One lap is 1/4 Mile. Start with that and increase your speed and laps as you improve your weight loss. I always found that for running, early morning is best. By early, I am talking 6:00 AM, not 9:00 AM.

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 12:07 PM
I imagine you have a High School or College in your city. Why don't you take some initative and go there and use their track which usually is around the football field. One lap is 1/4 Mile. Start with that and increase your speed and laps as you improve your weight loss. I always found that for running, early morning is best. By early, I am talking 6:00 AM, not 9:00 AM.

Good idea.

I will only add again that *eating habits* must be addressed or one will be taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards in achieving one's goals.

Carry on.....

Old Marine
06-14-11, 12:44 PM
Good idea.

I will only add again that *eating habits* must be addressed or one will be taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards in achieving one's goals.

Carry on.....

Yepper's, I would say what you eat will come back to haunt you. Stay away from all fast food joints and eat healthy.:evilgrin:

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 01:45 PM
Yepper's, I would say what you eat will come back to haunt you. Stay away from all fast food joints and eat healthy.:evilgrin:

yeah the college track is definitely a possibility but i would have to go to a different college than the one i currently go to in order to do that because they are a little anal on who gets access to the track. Ill definitely look into it a little later on when school starts back up and i can afford gas again. Part-Time pay isnt much money at all. As for fast food and what not, trust me that is not an issue. Pretty much all fast food is nasty so i steer clear anyway. Eating too much is definitely not a significant problem for me. If anything i eat too little such as i eat maybe 2 meals a day (lunch and late dinner). Ive heard the eating breakfast is essential to a health metabolism so perhaps i should start doing that. Plus i eat about an hour or so before i go to sleep often times. I have also heard the not eating enough basically puts your body into a "save everything" kind of mode, so any food i take in could very well be stored. Like i said before, im not your typical "fatty" (haha) who eats Big Mac everyday or is constantly drinking sodas. I do drink more sodas than i should but i mainly drink water which is a good thing.

By the way, even though i still disagree with the purpose of your first two posts, i still apologize for the way i handled my responses...for what its worth anyway.

Thanks!

iamspartacus
06-14-11, 02:42 PM
Just found this website. It has some good tips: http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm . And I'm sure you can find all the information you could ever need about eating healthy on the internet.

But yes, breakfast is an important part of jump starting your metabolism. Just eating regularly is important. I heard someone suggest you should eat 4 times a day, every 4 hours. Now, that's not to say you should eat 4 MEALS a day. Eat a smart breakfast lunch and dinner and two snacks like fruit or yogurt.

As everyone knows, soda is very bad for you. You say you're drinking a lot of water, which is great. Another alternative is tea. Crystal Light also makes some great powders you just mix with water. If you can always do water, great. But sometimes I need some flavor in my drink.

Hard boiled eggs have been great for me in the morning. I boil up a dozen on Sunday night and I just grab a couple each morning throughout the week. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on them and they are a quick, easy breakfast on the go. Add a banana or an orange and some steel cut oatmeal and you got yourself a great breakfast.

Beyond that, just eat smart. Eat whole grains as opposed to processed flour. Avoid sugar. Replenish your body with water and fruit as opposed to energy drinks. Eat plenty of vegetables. Portion size is important to keep in mind, but it's not about JUST eating less calories.

Working out in the morning instead of later in the day is also a good idea because working out speeds up your metabolism and releases energy for you throughout the day.

If you can't run by your house or at school, you could find a city park, trails or drive out to a country road. Even if all you have is a back yard you can do sprints from one side to the other. If you have a second floor or a basement in your house running stairs is great. If you have a lake in your town go swim for a while on a hot day. Sure, running in place will burn calories, but I'll bet you can find some kind of cardio to do if you thought about it hard enough.

The good news is you are young. If you really want to join the Marine Corps you have plenty of time to get in shape before you're too old.

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 02:59 PM
Good comments above and I'll add a few others.

I work out in the morning (free weights) because I'm retired now.
(no hate mail please).
Too much running can deplete muscle mass so careful scrutiny of one's *macros* can become critical depending on one's goals.
Just be aware and educate the self.
'Soda'...that sh!t is poison and empty calories...think of it as a very infrequent treat at best.
Hard boiled eggs are great for any easy protein fix/replenishment especially for those that have a hard time eating in the morning.
Personally, my breakfast is a generous bowl of oatmeal with blueberries (frozen) and some coconut sprinkled (also generously) on top.
Cereals...the best ones are oatmeal, shredded wheat and even Cheerios (not that sugared sh!t) is an acceptable morning carb.
Workout times?...any time is good to work out as our bio clocks are all different.
The important aspect of working out (free weights) is to understand that feeding the muscles appropriately within an hour or so of the workout is very important.
Cardio...I hate cardio but there is still one form of good cardio that I partake in.
It's a 3 letter word for you thinkers.

I will suggest checking this thread in which I offer some comments:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103475

Anyway...hope that helps.

Mongoose
06-14-11, 03:24 PM
We had a recruit in boot camp named Price. Even in 1967, I dont see how he got in. Way,way over weight. Needless to say, he was put on the elephant table. The man could do absolutely no pull ups, very few sit-ups, or anything else. The D.I.s had a field day with him every day. He sucked it up, and never once gave up. He went on and graduated P.F.C. out of boot camp. The man lost 54 pounds in 2 months. And evert time I think about how tough it was for me. I think about how tough it was for him. The man had a burning desire to be a Marine. He had guts.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 03:57 PM
@iamsparticus and @chulaivet1966: (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=78446)

Thank You! Those are very helpful comments indeed! I am very appreciative of the support! I will be a Marine! I will use the link to form a plan in the next few mins and will input them here...

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 03:59 PM
We had a recruit in boot camp named Price. Even in 1967, I dont see how he got in. Way,way over weight. Needless to say, he was put on the elephant table. The man could do absolutely no pull ups, very few sit-ups, or anything else. The D.I.s had a field day with him every day. He sucked it up, and never once gave up. He went on and graduated P.F.C. out of boot camp. The man lost 54 pounds in 2 months. And evert time I think about how tough it was for me. I think about how tough it was for him. The man had a burning desire to be a Marine. He had guts.

Wow, that is a great story! Hopefully i wont have to go through what that Marine did though. I hope to be fit and then some before i go so i will be sitting pretty when i get there.

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 04:03 PM
NOW...you have the proper attitude! It's not that difficult.

Carry on and good luck implementing your plan. Let us know how your progress goes.

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 04:06 PM
Wow, that is a great story! Hopefully i wont have to go through what that Marine did though. I hope to be fit and then some before i go so i will be sitting pretty when i get there.

Yes...good story and just the kind of Marines I'd be glad to share a fighting hole with....that includes you TT and Mongoose.

Do not deviate from your goal.....how badly do you want to be a Marine?
Discipline, perseverance, mental toughness...make it happen.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 04:45 PM
Yes...good story and just the kind of Marines I'd be glad to share a fighting hole with....that includes you TT and Mongoose.

Do not deviate from your goal.....how badly do you want to be a Marine?
Discipline, perseverance, mental toughness...make it happen.

Like i said in a previous post, I have never wanted anything more that to become a Marine. I consider it a certainty that i will achieve that title...

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 04:47 PM
Well i guess now would be a good time to also mention that i have been a picky eater my whole life. Not as bad as some but certainty worse that others. Its something i have got a little bit better at over the years but im not all that sure the problem will ever be able to be addressed. The only times where i eat something i normally wouldn't is when i am really hungry which from what i hear is alot like other people in boot camp, so there is hope. Anyway below is a plan that i have made as far as a basic schedule and the types of foods i will eat and can afford. Read and Judge it for what it is...a start!
Basic Schedule (Every Day)
7:00 AM: Wake Up
7:15 AM: Exercise for close to 30 mins.
- Stretching (For about 2 mins)
- Abdominal Twists (For about 5 mins)
- "Jumping Jacks" (For about 2 mins)
-Leg/Thigh Thrusts (About 20 or so)
-Sit-Ups (however many i can do at first, then a set # increased by 2 or so a week)
-Push-Ups (however many i can do at first, then a set # increased by 2 or so a week)
-Messing around with a 11 pound weight using different parts of the arm. About 20-30 for each part of the arm. Im gonna use a smaller weight for leaner muscle...
-Running is place for the remainder of the 30 mins.
7:45 AM: Shower
8:00 AM: Breakfast
Most Likely Consisting of 1 to 3 of these foods:
-CEREAL: Corn Flakes, Cheerios, or Rice Crispies (1 bowl)
-Eggs (just 2 eggs, scrambled)
-Oatmeal (1 pack, some flavor or another)
-Banana(s) (should i have 1 or 2 a day?)
-Whole Wheat Toast (1 piece, no butter)
Drink(s)
-Water (Cold to burn more calories)
-Orange Juice (1/2 glass, hows Tropicana?)
-Milk (1 glass, 2%)

8:30 AM - 12:00 PM: School (more or less time depending)
12:00 PM: Lunch
Most Likely Consisting of 1 or 2 of these foods:
-Peanut Butter / Cheese / Ham (I Hate Turkey) Sand-witch with Whole Wheat Bread (x1)
-Apple (x1 Whole, Green)
-Carrots (up to a bowl full)
-Celery (a few sticks)
-Cucumber (up to a whole one)
-Cabbage (1 cups worth? i dont know)
12:30 PM - 6:00 PM: School or Work (more or less time depending once again)
6:00 PM: Dinner
Carrots (up to a bowl full)
Celery (a few sticks)
Cucumber (pp to a whole one)
Cabbage (1 cup or so? I dont know)
Apple (x1)
Grilled Chicken (No Breading which is the the way i prefer it anyway)
Taco (x1 or 2 w/ just meat and cheese)
Hamburger w/out Bun (x1 w/ just cheese)
Corn (Canned)
Green Beans (Canned)
7:00pm - 10/11:00 PM: Rec' Time
10/11:00 PM : Bed
....and repeat day in day out until i either like more food or have the resources and energy to do better work outs....or the day i ship out to boot camp, which ever is first haha! :D

Any input on this post especially would be greatly, greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 05:04 PM
Forgot to mention that the 2 or 3 snacks a day would consist of either Unsalted Peanuts or Sunflower Seeds (but a limited amount of course) or maybe some of the fruit or vegetables that I mentioned in the previous post...

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 05:39 PM
OK...you asked for more 'comments'...here you go:

[quote=CuriousWarrior;781099]Well i guess now would be a good time to also mention that i have been a picky eater my whole life.
NOTE: if you want to reach your goal you may have to modify.
Read and Judge it for what it is...a start!
Basic Schedule (Every Day)
7:00 AM: Wake Up
7:15 AM: Exercise for close to 30 mins.
- Stretching (For about 2 mins)- no prob here
- Abdominal Twists (For about 5 mins)
These are not beneficial - your ab muscles are already there but are covered in body fat so you need to concentrate on diet and cardio not doing countless ab work. I would ditch these as a waste of your time. There's a lot of myth and bro science out there.
- "Jumping Jacks" (For about 2 mins) - good for some cardio benefit
-Leg/Thigh Thrusts (About 20 or so) - ok for some conditioning/cardio
-Sit-Ups - ok for some conditioning/cardio
-Push-Ups - a good body weight movement - it's a chest exercise.
-Messing around with a 11 pound weight using different parts of the arm.
11 pounds will do nothing to build any muscle. Muscles will only grow if they are FORCED to grow which means using heavier weight with a smart, disciplined workout routine. Doing countless reps of light weight will do little for your goals.
gonna use a smaller weight for leaner muscle - don't know where you heard this but it's bull sh!t/forget it
-Running is place for the remainder of the 30 mins. - cardio benefit which is important for weight loss.
7:45 AM: Shower
8:00 AM: Breakfast
Most Likely Consisting of 1 to 3 of these foods:
-CEREAL: Corn Flakes, Cheerios, or Rice Crispies (1 bowl)
Forget the Rice Krispies and Corn flakes - Preferably oatmeal but as a cold cereal Cheerios (not the sugared crap) is acceptable...shredded wheat also and whole wheat toast should be there too.
-Eggs (just 2 eggs, scrambled)
-Oatmeal (1 pack, some flavor or another) - good but don't use the packaged stuff...buy the whole oats in the cylinder container...they are not expensive.
-Banana(s) (should i have 1 or 2 a day?) - good
-Whole Wheat Toast (1 piece, no butter) - good - if you're working out no need to eliminate butter - fats do not make us fat! The body needs fats and protein. Use real butter not that suave ointment they call margarine or any other substitute.
Drink(s)
-Water (Cold to burn more calories) - temperature is irrelevant, just stay hydrated
-Orange Juice (1/2 glass, hows Tropicana?) No...especially not the Tropicana stuff. Have juice less frequently and eat REAL food fruits...period!
-Milk (1 glass, 2%) - No need to go 2% - milk does have sugars but it's still a very healthy food even for adults that don't have the lacto-allergy. I drink whole milk to this day. You'll burn off any of the sugars in diary if you aren't eating other crap.

8:30 AM - 12:00 PM: School (more or less time depending)
12:00 PM: Lunch
Most Likely Consisting of 1 or 2 of these foods:
-Peanut Butter / Cheese / Ham (I Hate Turkey) Sand-witch with Whole Wheat Bread (x1) - Nuts need to be in the diet-peanut butter/jelly on whole wheat is an excellent complex carb/energy combo. Cheese is cool as with milk given the protein content (Muscle is built, maintained and repaired by proper protein intake. Stay away from PROCESSED or PACKAGED MEATS...you have chicken, beef, pork, and fish (tuna) to choose from and mix up during the day.
-Apple (x1 Whole, Green)
-Carrots (up to a bowl full)
-Celery (a few sticks)
-Cucumber (up to a whole one)
-Cabbage (1 cups worth? i dont know)
12:30 PM - 6:00 PM: School or Work (more or less time depending once again)
6:00 PM: Dinner
Carrots (up to a bowl full)
Celery (a few sticks)
Cucumber (pp to a whole one)
Cabbage (1 cup or so? I dont know)
Apple (x1)
Grilled Chicken - good, along with above stuff
Taco (x1 or 2 w/ just meat and cheese) - ok
Hamburger w/out Bun (x1 w/ just cheese) - good, I don't use buns either.
Corn (Canned) - OK..but there are many other veggies to consider also and fresh is much preferred over any consistent reliance on canned food. Zucchini, broccoli, c/cob, spinach, green beans, etc.
Green Beans (Canned) - good, still canned habits are not ideal and I advise losing the habit.
7:00pm - 10/11:00 PM: Rec' Time
10/11:00 PM : Bed

Synopsis: striving for a *balanced* diet.
Stay away from all processed foods, stick with whole grains and fruits for your carbs. Potatoes and rice (I eat brown and white rice)
Avacados, dark green veggies and nuts should be in the diet....period.
After about 3pm cut off the carbs and have lean meat and vegetables only for dinner. That way there's no excess carbs you're taking to bed with you. Eat ALLLL the veggies you want to fill you up along with the lean meat.

Obviously there are exceptions: at BBQ I will have a bun with my burger and several beers.
But, we're not talking exceptions here....we're talking about reaching a goal the path necessary to achieve it.

I only hit the heavies here so educate yourself further and do what you need to do.
I may have missed something so hopefully I've covered most of it.

iamspartacus
06-14-11, 06:06 PM
-Messing around with a 11 pound weight using different parts of the arm.
11 pounds will do nothing to build any muscle. Muscles will only grow if they are FORCED to grow which means using heavier weight with a smart, disciplined workout routine. Doing countless reps of light weight will do little for your goals.
gonna use a smaller weight for leaner muscle - don't know where you heard this but it's bull sh!t/forget it

I was the one who suggested this. Let me clarify a bit. You're right Chulaivet, whatever your lifting routine is, you've got to be pushing your muscles to their limit. But there are two different ways to accomplish that. What I suggested is to do more reps with less weight as opposed to a less reps with heavier weights. One builds tone muscles built for endurance. The other builds a lot of muscle mass built for explosive power. I will admit I am not an expert, but I would suggest that leaner muscle mass is what this kid needs.

But either way, by the end of your workout, your muscles should be burning. I don't know how heavy of weights you should use. You're going to have to decide your own level. I will say though, if you're doing 20 reps with an 11lb dumbbell and your muscles feel perfectly fine afterwords, you're not making a whole lot of progress. You'll either need to bump up your weights or your reps. The thing I was trying to discourage from was doing like 3 sets of 5 reps with a ton of weight and turning into a meat head. Another advantage of more reps, is to get the heart rate up and burn more calories.

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 06:42 PM
iamsparticus...as we try to synthesize and qualify all this info:)

Sure...doing a sh!tload of reps with lighter weight is an 'endurance' approach which is not wrong as a start but to use the word 'leaner' with this more reps/less weight is not appropriate.
Muscle is muscle and one does a routine for functional strength/endurance or to mainly build more muscle.
They are different approaches not being a question of right or wrong.
To lose weight as with the OP's goal it's eating habits combined with a cardio routine with some carb timing.
Also...it's extremely difficult to lose weight and built muscle at the same time because the diet plan (macros = proportions of protein/fats/carbs) must be impeccable.
Even then, it is recommended to concentrate on the weight loss first then think about the free weights routine along with proper nutrition.
The 'burn' you refer to is trendy talk for a build up of lactic acid which is a result of totally fatiguing the muscle group but not necessary to 'feel the burn' for muscle development.
In fact....one does not need to go to failure to built muscle.
Yes...the heart rate would increase a bit with the more reps/less weight but not enough to consider it as cardio.
Best cardio...get the heart rate up to where you can barely carry on a conversation and keep it there for 30-40 minutes 4-5 times a week.
Sure..some may have to work up to this goal.
We must remember the heart is a muscle too and cardio works that well!
For a free weight routine for endurance...IE: choose a weight you can easily lift for 10 reps. Do 3x10 (3 sets/10 reps). If that is easy and you did the third set fine...then add 5# for the next workout day for that muscle group.
Every 3 weeks or so, if the routine is smart and safe, one could add 5-10 pounds depending on one's focus and progress.
To built bulk muscle more quickly one would use the same approach but stick to about 4-6 reps for 3 sets.
Again...the goals/approaches are differnent.

I am not taking issue with your assistance to the OP at all but a few things needed clarification for accuracy.
We're both trying to help him...that's the important thing.

All is cool...I'm sure I missed something else.:beer:

By the way...I'm no expert either but I do have some experience at all this.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 06:45 PM
[Me being a picky eater] "NOTE: if you want to reach your goal you may have to modify."

(Sigh) Dont I know it! Could be one of the biggest obstacles to overcome but is obviously possible...

[Abdominal Twists] "These are not beneficial - your ab muscles are already there but are covered in body fat so you need to concentrate on diet and cardio not doing countless ab work. I would ditch these as a waste of your time. There's a lot of myth and bro science out there."

The one who told me those were really important was my Grandfather (who served as a combat soldier with US Army 101st Airbourne in Vietnam in 67' and 68' i think) So your saying that they dont implement that in the Marines today? I believe you im simply just wondering...

[Using an 11 pound weight] "11 pounds will do nothing to build any muscle. Muscles will only grow if they are FORCED to grow which means using heavier weight with a smart, disciplined workout routine. Doing countless reps of light weight will do little for your goals."
One of the commenters on the first page after i mentioned i have 25 pound (that is heavy as **** to me, haha) said that more reps with a lighter weight would build leaner muscle rather than bulk. Which has been something iv been worried about as far as exercising wrong or what have you. Not sure what to think now honestly.

[About Cereal] "Forget the Rice Krispies and Corn flakes - Preferably oatmeal but as a cold cereal Cheerios (not the sugared crap) is acceptable...shredded wheat also and whole wheat toast should be there too."

I would say forget cold cereal then becuase frankly cheerios and shredded wheat are terrible. But i guess that is a good source of iron? Should i keep some on hand for an occasional breakfast you think, or can i just stick with oatmeal?

[About cold water] "temperature is irrelevant, just stay hydrated"

There is actually science that supports that cold water burns more calories. The human body has to get the water to room temperture first so it makes sense to me. But i guess i dont know for sure.

[About 2% Milk] "No need to go 2% - milk does have sugars but it's still a very healthy food even for adults that don't have the lacto-allergy. I drink whole milk to this day. You'll burn off any of the sugars in diary if you aren't eating other crap."

Actually iv pretty much always drank 2% so all the better for me i guess haha. I personally think if anything alot of my weight came from me drinking like a gallon of milk every 2 days. As far as calories go if not fat. Fortunatly i have broken that habit though.

As far as the canned goods go i know that they are always high on salt (for preservative i believe), i dont have the skill or the money to always buy and cook fresh veggies so for now i will have to settle with canned goods.

Great input overall....very helpful! Thanks! ;)

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 06:49 PM
with an 11lb dumbbell and your muscles feel perfectly fine afterwords, you're not making a whole lot of progress. You'll either need to bump up your weights or your reps.

Yeah i can lift it literally 200 times (i did it every night about 6 months ago...then stopped) and not really feel any burn. But dam that means spending money to get more weights. Worth it but still...

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 06:58 PM
@chulaivet1966 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=78446) and @iamsparticus

If i focus too much on lifting weights and building alot of muscle, wont i still be considered over weight to the Corps even if my body fat % is minimal? I guess that's why you keep saying go for cardio huh? Either way muscle is heavier than fat. Im guessing i would have to be ridiculously muscular to still be over weight at my height, right? This is a very real worry for me in any case. Seems like something where great care is needed...

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 07:02 PM
Generally speaking, all fruit juices are loaded with added sugar (to make them taste better especially for children). Even the kind that say "100% juice with no added sugar".

Check the labels. I have found the diet fruit juices have the lowest sugar content.

I believe your primary goal at this point is weight loss, not strength or adding muscle.

You have not mentioned anything about actually talking to a recruiter yet. When do you plan on doing that? They have scales and tape measures in their offices and can give you an idea what you need to shoot for.

chulaivet1966
06-14-11, 07:06 PM
Ok...getting ahead of myself.

First, respect to your dad for his service.

Certainly...the situps/crunches are beneficial for your PT test so in that sense stay with them.
I would guess pullups and pushups should be worked on too.
Others will help you with what the PT will entail.

Yes...iamspartacus and I have dialogued ...see above post.
The 'water' thing....I would say use common sense and don't over think some of this.
Your weight was gained by bad eating habits over a long period of time and cannot be attributed to one thing like your milk comment.

Cold cereals...I would not believe all the hype (iron) added on the box of cold cereals.
Get your iron from better sources:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/top-10-iron-rich-foods
Me...I'm an oatmeal guy and you can't go wrong with it.

Veggies are very easy to steam....you're making it more difficult than it is but I understand you are trying very hard so all is well.

For the free weights info see my dialogue with iamspartacus in the previous post.
We're all saying the same thing and it's impossible to cover every detail in just a few threads.

Use your own good judgement and stay on the path.

EDIT: as I stated previously...concentrate on diet and cardio for weight loss.
Go ahead and do a bit of light weight training...not heavy work until your weight in where it's supposed to be.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 07:06 PM
Generally speaking, all fruit juices are loaded with added sugar (to make them taste better especially for children). Even the kind that say "100% juice with no added sugar".

Check the labels. I have found the diet fruit juices have the lowest sugar content.

Noted! Thanks!

iamspartacus
06-14-11, 07:18 PM
@chulaivet1966 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=78446) and @iamsparticus

If i focus too much on lifting weights and building alot of muscle, wont i still be considered over weight to the Corps even if my body fat % is minimal? I guess that's why you keep saying go for cardio huh? Either way muscle is heavier than fat. Im guessing i would have to be ridiculously muscular to still be over weight at my height, right? This is a very real worry for me in any case. Seems like something where great care is needed...

First of all, the Marine Corps does take into account meat heads who are very fit, with low body fat % but are technically overweight. It's called a tape test or some crap like that. I don't know much about it. Never had to deal with it. In any case, that's not you right now. And if you ever are in that situation you can worry about it then.

But back to you. Yes, right now, cardio takes more priority over lifting weights. Not that lifting weights won't help you and you shouldn't do it. It still raises your natural metabolic rate. It still burns calories. And stronger muscles will help you perform better at your cardio. But you want to concentrate on activities that gets your heart rate up.

Phantom Blooper
06-14-11, 07:38 PM
He had guts.

Lots of them.....

"When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If you're going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce."

In your case use low calorie.....however NOTHING is impossible if you put your mind to it and literally work your azz off!

Plenty of exercises....pull ups....crunches....push ups....push backs....count calories and portions until you get to your desired weight....

Losing the weight to join the Marines is admirable.....however I would suggest that you do have your thyroid checked as it can be disqualifying.....

See a recruiter and work with him on PT so you reach your goal.....the key is to lose....but to also lose safely....

Good luck to you....there have been many overweight wannabees that made fine Marines.....read some of the stories in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums.....

Motivation comes from within.....when you think you can't you won't.....when you know you can do it regardless of the task you will!:thumbup:

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 07:43 PM
Okay this might be my most important question yet... And this is for everyone looking at this thread but especially those Marines who have given advice.

I wasnt gonna ask but then i figured what would be the harm? And even now im not 100% sure how to phrase it. Here goes... Do you think it would be fine if i could post weekly updates on my progress, you know for moral support i guess... Sounds a bit corny but i can see how people say its extremely helpful. Basically what i mean is either in this thread or another (should i make another?) i would post specific details such as what i ate each day and what exactly i did or how i exercised and of course current weight. If the Marines would let me in now i would go even in my condition just so i could get it done and achieve the title of a Marine quicker. It makes me sick that im not in shape already so i could go sooner. But you guys's motivation is perhaps the next best thing!

This would serve a few purposes. Personally i would be able to track my progress visually over time and as would anybody. It would serve as a goal in-itself week by week to be able to report the best news i could. And perhaps the most important purpose is that i could potentially have a step by step guide on what to do next (for ex. how i should up the exercise counts or weight or anything) or how to proceed if i hit a plateau or whatever by you guys and anyone's advice...

Motivation is everything, and what better motivation can be obtained than from Marines!

I can promise you i will do everything in my power to become a Marine. Bottom line. Your time WILL not be wasted here! But i will leave the ball in your guys's court. Of course if thats not something you Marines want to do then i understand and that will not stop me either way from motivating myself despite it being a much more difficult endeavor alone. Thanks for considering my question!

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 08:24 PM
Personally, I don't have a problem with you posting weekly progress reports. If that helps you stay on track and attain your goal that's fine.

I do have a problem with this post being in the Marine Corps Forum. Since you are not a Marine you do not belong here and you need to get to the appropriate place ASAP. This is a result of posting before reading the site rules (not a good idea). You were told to read them but apparently have not followed those instructions. You need to send a PM to Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to please move this post to the "Ask A Marine" thread in the Marine Corps Recruit Forum. I will watch to see if this is accomplished within the next 24 hours; if not, I will not have anymore time for you (I do not waste my time on wannabes who do not follow instructions nor do many of the Marines who are offering you their time and advice).

Another thing while we are having this personal time together. You may have figured out we Marines take earning the title very seriously (it was not given to us). We did not survive bootcamp (and in some cases actual combat against the enemy) and earned the title just to be called "guys" by a wannabe. Guys are people back on the block who have not earned anything yet (sorta like you). Call us Marines and you will be good-to-go.

CuriousWarrior
06-14-11, 09:15 PM
This is a result of posting before reading the site rules (not a good idea). You were told to read them but apparently have not followed those instructions.

I actually looked all over after your first comment about rules but i couldn't find them anywhere. I just assumed that they only showed up during account creation. Clearly i missed it though. Could you point me in the right direction?

You need to send a PM to Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to please move this post to the "Ask A Marine" thread in the Marine Corps Recruit Forum. I will watch to see if this is accomplished within the next 24 hours; if not, I will not have anymore time for you (I do not waste my time on wannabes who do not follow instructions nor do many of the Marines who are offering you their time and advice).

Done...my mistake...

Another thing while we are having this personal time together. You may have figured out we Marines take earning the title very seriously (it was not given to us). We did not survive bootcamp (and in some cases actual combat against the enemy) and earned the title just to be called "guys" by a wannabe. Guys are people back on the block who have not earned anything yet (sorta like you). Call us Marines and you will be good-to-go.

"Sorta" like me? Id say that pretty well defines me... Anyway i mean no disrespect. When i used "guys", thats just casual conversation, not formal. I didnt think we were at the formal level... Also looking back on the context, based on grammar, Marine('s) doesn't sound quite correct. However your point has been recieved. In any case consider it (for the most part) solved...

Tennessee Top
06-14-11, 09:41 PM
Go to the Marine Corps Recruit Forum. Find the POOL(ee) HALL thread. The rules are in there.

We are not friends and we are not having casual conversation. You are a wannabe asking for advice...let's just keep it in that context. It is a common mistake for civilians to refer to Marines as "guys" but you know better now so it won't happen again. Try to think of it this way; once you earn the title, would you want someone calling you a "guy" or a Marine? If you say it won't matter then you need to seek a different occupation.

Doesn't matter what context, grammar, or anything else...Marines IS correct!

Zoso68
06-14-11, 11:36 PM
You have a steep hill to climb, but serious physical transformations are possible. Mine was from the opposite end of the spectrum. When I walked in to the Officer Selection Office I weighed 120 lbs soaking wet and could do one pull up, maybe 40 crunches and my three mile was over thirty minutes. I've since gained 45 lbs of muscle and ran a 294 on my last PFT and a 284 on my last CFT. The hardest part was mental, meaning forcing yourself to make physical fitness a part of your daily routine where it wasn't before. I hadn't exercised in five years before I contracted.

A bit of advice: don't drink milk before strenuous physical activity. It takes a long time to digest and it sits and your stomach. And then it usually comes back up.

No white bread. Wheat is best.

Don't know where you found an 11 lb weight (weird number). I would save up and spring for a set of two of whatever will push you now. Maybe like two 15 or 20 lbs? They had them at Target for like $19 each. When you move up beyond 15-20 lbs for curls or whatever you can use them for other exercises.

At your weight, your most likely to hurt yourself with the running. When you get down to a weight or place where you are running outside be careful about it. All that weight on your joints can cause a lot of trouble really fast. I was skinny and a had a lot of hip flexor problems as I was unaccustomed to running. Stretch the s*** out of your lower body, even if it is running in place.

Learn how to cook. It will pay off in the long run. Nothing fancy, but enough to grill some meat or veggies or put a salad together. It's cheaper than you think, definitely cheaper than fast food in the long run.

Semper Fi

Lisa 23
06-14-11, 11:37 PM
I actually looked all over after your first comment about rules but i couldn't find them anywhere. I just assumed that they only showed up during account creation. Clearly i missed it though. Could you point me in the right direction?

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

Ask a Marine forum rules..READ THESE BEFORE POSTING..MARINES TOO!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103170

wildwoman73
06-14-11, 11:50 PM

At your goal right now, cardio is the best for you and every day at that.
There is quite a bit of good advise on here. Just know this. You didn't gain all that weight in a year. You have had YEARS of improper eating habits and it is going to take some time to correct that. Believing it will happen over night is only setting yourself up for failure. I say this from experience. The best thing for you right this minute is get your eating more organized and cardio cardio cardio.

CuriousWarrior
06-15-11, 07:19 AM
[quote=Zoso68;781245]Don't know where you found an 11 lb weight (weird number).

I can't remember where I got it but yeah, it is indeed a very weird number!

Excellent advice! Makes a lot of sense. Thank You!

CuriousWarrior
06-15-11, 07:29 AM
At your goal right now, cardio is the best for you and every day at that.
There is quite a bit of good advise on here. Just know this. You didn't gain all that weight in a year. You have had YEARS of improper eating habits and it is going to take some time to correct that. Believing it will happen over night is only setting yourself up for failure. I say this from experience. The best thing for you right this minute is get your eating more organized and cardio cardio cardio.

Well this is something I am in for in the long run for sure. I have 190lbs to lose and I calculated that it will take me (best case scenario) about 17 months to complete. I would have to lose about 10 pounds a month in order to achieve that but ultimately I am not sure how realistic that time frame is but that sounds about right if I can manage to not falter...

Do any Marines here know if that is a realistic time frame and a realistic amount of weight (per month) to lose giving that I exercise 30 minuets a day with heavy cardio and I keep calories in check?

Old Marine
06-15-11, 10:06 AM
Google may have that info. Anyone other than me than that maybe this thread has turned into the "Jenny Craig" thread of L.N.

CuriousWarrior
06-15-11, 10:25 AM
Google may have that info. Anyone other than me than that maybe this thread has turned into the "Jenny Craig" thread of L.N.

Haha! It's true!

CrockettJW
06-15-11, 11:11 AM
Well this is something I am in for in the long run for sure. I have 190lbs to lose and I calculated that it will take me (best case scenario) about 17 months to complete. I would have to lose about 10 pounds a month in order to achieve that but ultimately I am not sure how realistic that time frame is but that sounds about right if I can manage to not falter...

Do any Marines here know if that is a realistic time frame and a realistic amount of weight (per month) to lose giving that I exercise 30 minuets a day with heavy cardio and I keep calories in check?

Have you had any success in losing 10 pounds in one month yet? If so, have you done this for two months in a row? Losing 10 or 20 pounds is something people struggle with. Losing 190 pounds is like losing a whole person. To do that, you have to make some serious lifestyle changes in the long term. To lose that amount of weight, you have to find the right mix of exercise and food intake that not only leads to weight loss, but is something you can maintain over a long period of time.

It's not impossible, but if you've lived your whole life so far with little discipline and not much physical activity, you're going to have an uphill battle. People have done it, and you can do it, but it's going to take time and probably a lot of trial and error.

If you're 190 pounds over-weight, I think you're going to need three or four months to learn about nutrition and to condition your body and mind to get into good enough shape to begin to lose weight.

Going from zero to heavy cardio all of a sudden could kill you. Start off slowly. You should also consult a doctor. Being overweight, you have more than just extra fat to worry about. Maybe stressing your heart out isn't the right thing right away, but a doctor will be able to tell you that.

My advice would be to start with the small changes in life and build on that. Be more active, eat better, and be realistic.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 01:06 AM
Go read the site rules before this goes any further. Quite simply you don't RATE to backtalk a Marine no matter what. I don't care WHO you think you are. Furthermore, telling other Marines to 'move on' don't cut it, either.

So unfrak yourself ASAP or you'll find yourself permabanned for disrespect. Yeah...it's THAT serious. I expect you to read the site rules, understand same, and reply to ME. Failing to do so will result in you being tossed unceremoniously OUT of here.

Period.

Closed until I see that happen and get a PM.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 05:05 PM
Thread re-opened, affirmative reply rec'ved. No extraction.

CuriousWarrior
06-16-11, 05:55 PM
Okay... Well I guess this thread is back in commission. There really is not much more to be said except that my life is about to change for the better, forever... I really must say that I am excited now more than ever! I have gotten a lot of flak (and regrettable thrown some) since I've originally posted on here a few days ago but unlike some I am not deterred at all by the "hard" atmosphere. It excites me! I have since learned and corrected my errors. Progress has already been made.

My only set-back from really starting full swing as of right now is that I am currently away from home at the North Carolina coast visiting my cousin. Which is perhaps a great sign that I am making the correct choice if I am heavily thinking about all this when I am supposed to be on vacation. Unfortunately this is not the best place for me to begin breaking down all my negative habits so I will wait to begin the major reformation when I get back in early July when success will be greater. This is not to say I won't use this time to do some experimenting with diet and some preliminary conditioning. I will provide my first progress report on Sunday July 17th. It will include many strenuous and relevant details such as what I ate, what time, and in what measure, as well as what exercises I did and all counts. Also I will include my actual weight and waist size on that date. This is to better help any Marine who is willing to help me with advice such as where I need to improve or where I need to relax a bit. Yeah, it may be a bit "Jenny Craig" to help me out but what better cause is there than to lose weight and get in shape for the Marines. The best damn son-of-*****es on the planet Earth! All previous advice given on this thread will be written down, remembered, and implemented where appropriate. Any new or improvised revisions are welcome.

Optimizing weight loss is a very finicky thing so I think I greatly improve my chances with help from actual Marines! If you are willing to help me become a Marine, I ask if you could save this thread as a favorite as that undoubtedly this thread will get buried before long. I promise any Marine or anyone helping me with this endeavor will not waste their time on me. I've said it in a previous post but I will restate it now... I will be a Marine... Consider it a fact!

*Salute* to all you Marines! Thanks in advance!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-11, 05:59 PM
I'll keep the thread open for you, rather than closing it down. Keep us updated on your progress (as others have done).

Well done, and well said. Always good to see someone take constructive azz chewing(s) and move FORWARD. That also shows...you are serious.

Keep up the good work.

CuriousWarrior
06-16-11, 06:02 PM
I'll keep the thread open for you, rather than closing it down. Keep us updated on your progress (as others have done).

Well done, and well said. Always good to see someone take constructive azz chewing(s) and move FORWARD. That also shows...you are serious.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you Sgt! I'd appreciate that. Your words mean a lot!