PDA

View Full Version : New Marine with quick info and tips

DubGee
06-12-11, 06:06 PM
Graduated June, 10th 2011.

Quick tips for June shippers.

DRINK WATER. You guys are going in at the hottest/worst time. I was in March-June. And we had ~20 guys pass out due heat problems. You need to stay hydrated. 12-15 canteens a day. Dont be afraid to ask for a head call(bathroom break). Ya youll get yelled at etc etc. But trust me, youll need that water.

Also, think about this before you go. You lose every once of freedom you had before you went in. Youll get told when and how to pee and poo, when and how to talk, when and how to walk and in which direction at a certain speed. Most poolees dont think about that. You wanna smile or giggle? Be prepared to get blasted(which is just them yelling at you to test your bearing)

Goodluck future Marines, stay motivated.

Pvt. Garcia

IHaveEGA843
06-12-11, 09:52 PM
Congrats Marine and thanks for the info, enjoy your leave and if time permits just give us all the infoyou have in your brain housing unit.

djb4500
06-13-11, 12:10 AM
I noticed in another thread of yours, you were company high shooter? any tips/advice on that? ive always been a naturally talented shooter and have ambitions of earning that. I'm shipping on the 20th! I've heard the same old forget what you know and trust what they teach you there. another Marine friend of mine said im already worrying about it too much and thatll mess me up. anything advice you have is much appreciated!

G1Ortuno
06-13-11, 06:05 AM
congrats Pvt. Thanks for these tips.

Honcho1010
06-13-11, 08:31 AM
Congrats and welcome home.

MunkyVsRobot
06-13-11, 11:24 AM
Congrats Marine, any and all informatin is welcomed

PNW2011
06-13-11, 05:00 PM
I noticed in another thread of yours, you were company high shooter? any tips/advice on that? ive always been a naturally talented shooter and have ambitions of earning that. I'm shipping on the 20th! I've heard the same old forget what you know and trust what they teach you there. another Marine friend of mine said im already worrying about it too much and thatll mess me up. anything advice you have is much appreciated!

I've heard this is largely a myth, some people walking in with a blank slate can be taught, others are just slow. Some people who know how to shoot will do very well with extra tips and tricks shown to them by the range instructors, while other have bad habits that they're not willing to correct. I think it's just going to depend on you as an individual. I've wondered a lot about qualifications myself, we'll just have to find out I guess.