PDA

View Full Version : Buddy program question

shatheman91
06-12-11, 05:51 PM
I have already dep'd in and leave for boot camp aug 24th, I was talking to my friend and he said he was interested in joining but he said he will only join if he can buddy program in with me. I was wondering if it was to late for him to buddy program with me because im already dep'd in and hes not. All information will be appreciated.
Thanks
-Matt

usmcdjcs1ssy
06-12-11, 06:25 PM
So not first hand experience but my best friend did. He was DEP'd in and then a friend decided he wanted to buddy up. So the first guy told his recruiter and his ship date was bumped back to the ship date of the other friend.

There you have it they went buddy program and graduated together as Marines!!!

Hope it helps, sorry I dont have much info but I though this would atleast help a little!!!

shatheman91
06-12-11, 06:26 PM
thank you usmcdjcs1ssy I appreciate it alot!

PNW2011
06-12-11, 07:41 PM
If your friend is only willing to enlist so he can POSSIBLY spend 3 months with you in boot camp he needs to re-evaluated what he's doing. Key word is POSSIBLY, sometimes it works out, and sometimes...

robbyj
06-12-11, 08:38 PM
Nuff' said :thumbup:

Buhler
06-12-11, 09:37 PM
I had a kid buddy up with me and for a while we had the same ship date, til the recruiters found out I got the last spot for Aug 22, and his ship date got pushed back til november. All depends on how many spots are left at MCRD i guess

IHaveEGA843
06-12-11, 10:02 PM
X3

shatheman91
06-12-11, 10:43 PM
Im sorry but I asked for info regarding the buddy program not the reason my friend is joining... There are other reason to him joining only if he can buddy with me, If you dont know the whole story please keep the comments on the matter I asked.

robbyj
06-12-11, 10:47 PM
Im sorry but I asked for info regarding the buddy program not the reason my friend is joining... There are other reason to him joining only if he can buddy with me, If you dont know the whole story please keep the comments on the matter I asked.

Why isn't this in Ask a Marine?
Why haven't you asked your Recruiter?

shatheman91
06-12-11, 10:48 PM
Why isn't this in Ask a Marine?
Why haven't you asked your Recruiter?

Why does it matter to you? I asked a question if you dont know the answer dont post.

robbyj
06-12-11, 10:51 PM
Why does it matter to you? I asked a question if you dont know the answer dont post.

And you think Poolees will know the answer?

Only your Recruiter will be able to give you a solid answer.

shatheman91
06-12-11, 10:53 PM

no, there are other poolees what have asked this stuff and have an answer just dont worry about it.

robbyj
06-12-11, 10:54 PM
no, there are other poolees what have asked this stuff and have an answer just dont worry about it.

Were you dropped as a child? Just wondering.

shatheman91
06-12-11, 10:59 PM
Were you dropped as a child? Just wondering.

Mr. Tough guy here, you are cool bro.

Lisa 23
06-13-11, 06:38 AM

I'll second this.....ASK your recruiter. He/she will be able to give you the most update and accurate info on this.

PNW2011
06-13-11, 04:51 PM

he said he was interested in joining but he said he will only join if he can buddy program in with me.

If he has other reasons for joining, you certainly didn't make it very clear to anyone on this forum. My interests are not to discourage people from enlisting, only to help fellow poolees and applicants out. If that means telling them they need a gut check, yeah I'm going to speak up. I apologize if you took it any other way than that, that is my advice. You can pass that along, or you can not. Either way only your recruiter can answer that question for you, I have my doubts because you're coming to LN to ask a question FOR him rather than him just going to the RS.