PDA

View Full Version : Any of you personnally met?

Quinbo
06-10-11, 03:57 PM
Have any of you personnally met or maybe just spoken on the phone to any other members on this forum?:flag:

Ed Palmer
06-10-11, 04:01 PM
Yep
Even had one buy me lunch in Wichita.

Met One i n K C

talked to another on the phone
no bad experences

Lisa 23
06-10-11, 04:02 PM
Sure have.......

Talked with one on the phone and met another in person.

USNAviator
06-10-11, 04:13 PM
I have as well. Had a lunch a few times. Great guy, just ask him! ;)

Osotogary
06-10-11, 04:37 PM
Yes, I have on several occasions, but it beats the poop out of me to give the specifics. Did you and I speak over the telephone, Bulkyker? Me thinks so. I still use the mug and beer glasses from Germany. Thanks again. I know that USMCFO, when he visited Florida, drove all the way down to South Florida to see me. What I remember very well is that we darn near looked like we were brothers...same height, complexion, can I say girth? (Being that he was the guest, I'll have to say that he was the better looking of the two of us. LOL.) Homemade pot roast or good ol' American beef stew was served with some ice cold beer. The stay wasn't long but it was good. We still keep in touch.

Marine84
06-10-11, 05:29 PM
Yep, I have..................used to write a few while they were in boot camp (til the carpel tunnel took over), talked to a few on the phone, met a few in person, even went to the Island to see one of the Poolees graduate.

Mongoose
06-10-11, 06:35 PM
Four members, I talk to on the phone often.

3043pog
06-10-11, 07:15 PM
Have not met or talked to anyone on LN.com yet,but if anyone is in the NJ shore area,PM me and I'm sure a couple of cold beers will be in the fridge! Let's go..59,48,37,26,15,3...you're done!!!:)

Old Marine
06-10-11, 08:53 PM
Yep, talked to one on the phone several years ago. He did a wonderful job on my avatar. Or maybe you call it my signature.

awbrown1462
06-10-11, 09:26 PM
have not met any but have talk on the phone to one

USNAviator
06-10-11, 09:30 PM
Met one in person several times, for lunch, the all-time famous Naval Aviator himself, and spoke with one other person on the phone once, so far, and speak to another member on the phone, often.

Meeting The Aviator was one of the high points in my life.

Yes Dave I'm sure it was. One of my great regrets in life is that I've never had the opportunity to meet myself. I understand it's truly an awe inspiring moment

temarti
06-10-11, 09:41 PM
Yes, one with a couple of lunches during my travels to his base.

USNAviator
06-10-11, 09:42 PM
It was for me, Dan. I had never in my life seen an O-5 wearing an Admiral's Dress Whites right in Harvard Square.

Just dreaming of what might have been Dave. But when you showed up in your dress blues with an Air Force cover, well even the locals knew that was wrong, so wrong.

Phantom Blooper
06-10-11, 09:54 PM
Have met a few and talked to one on the phone.....

doc h fmf
06-10-11, 10:11 PM
I Never Met Any Of My Brothersor Sisters Yet> But To Allmy Florida Brothers If We Ever By Chance Have An Appt At Baypines The Same Day> I Would Love To Get Togather For Lunch Somewhere Or In The Cafateria If You Want To<

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

devilbones2
06-11-11, 11:19 AM
Have any of you personnally met or maybe just spoken on the phone to any other members on this forum?:flag:
I think that you and I have met. Didnt you work at the food court on Panzer?

Quinbo
06-11-11, 12:53 PM

That was me! Small world.

Zulu 36
06-11-11, 02:19 PM
Yes Dave I'm sure it was. One of my great regrets in life is that I've never had the opportunity to meet myself. I understand it's truly an awe inspiring moment

"Hi! I'm a Naval Aviator. How do you like me so far?" :D

Old Marine
06-11-11, 04:21 PM

I always thought a Panzer was a Kraut Tank.:evilgrin:

Caesar Augustus
06-11-11, 04:41 PM
No but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

rufus1
06-11-11, 04:58 PM
I still get besides myself sometimes. It is good to do that now and then so you can talk out what is going on with yourself. I have never phoned or met up with anyone YET. It would be nice to have a state by state directory so if we are traveling we could maybe met up with more of our brothers and sisters. Has anyone ever entertained the idea of having a reunion for the website somewhere like Boot Camp ETC.

sparkie
06-11-11, 08:04 PM
Had a call during a Chargers=Raiders game from Jetdawgg,,,,,,, Man, that was tough. Had a call from Bulkier one day while he was still in Germany. Nice call. Also called Linda while she was in the...

Old Marine
06-11-11, 08:59 PM
Well, who won the game?

bootlace15
06-11-11, 10:48 PM
yep,talked to 2 and met another personally. Bulk get my drift? Fist you still there?

sscjoe
06-11-11, 10:57 PM
Rocky and Ramon on the phone. Not part of the Lawyer and Aviator circle. Talk to Linda on a regular basis and a Marine( Jake), who survived the helo crash on Mindoro. BTW, Jake you lost the last 2 football bets so just send me the Omaha Steaks ahead of time.

the802
06-12-11, 12:49 AM
Ive met several on here that I was friends with as Poolees prior to boot camp. Its a small Corps

Quinbo
06-12-11, 12:52 AM
There a couple not so regular visitors on here that I personnally served with. I met wookie once. Talked to quite a few on the phone. I try to call Dennis King about once a month but lately been slipping. Talked to green side out a couple times. Talked to Jack a dozen times. Talked to the bear from florida a couple times. Talked to EcFree a dozen times (a guy in the south with a yankee accent). Usually try to call Kim on her birthday. Talked to Sparkie a couple times. Talked to Ivalis a couple times. Talked to JDncowboy once. Talked to BGswoody once. Talked to Linda once. Talked to Roulette a couple times. Called wookie once. Talked to M-14ed once. Talked to Wyoming a dozen times. Talked to Redman1 a few times. Talked to Smith a couple times. I have JerryK on speed dial (no matter what sort of crappy day you are having a conversation with him improves the mood). Talked to DocGreek a few times.

The brotherhood is strong and keeps me together.

Yea panzer was a Kraut tank but also a camp in Germany with the second largest PX in europe.

linda1945
06-12-11, 05:07 AM
I haven't met any, but have talked to several on the phone while I was in the hospital: Bulky and Sparkie, and talk to Joe on regular basis. There are others I've talked to just can't remember their names.

kenrobg30
06-12-11, 11:09 AM
I've talked to on eperson , on the phone. Enjoyed the conversations we had. The only contact I've had lately, has been on threads that tickle my funny-bone.

Carpshooter
06-12-11, 01:13 PM
I'm just kidding .:sick:

I've have talked to hrscowboy , as he was in boot camp in the same series battalion platoon as me . He was in 1066 and I was in 1067 as we kind of watched each others platoon get yelled at . He had the more civil DIs who were better leaders as they have reunions where if my platoon did that , it be one big fight and I'd be in the middle of it taking on my DIs !

Yes , there is someone who could claim that I ( Carpshooter ) may have a bad memory here , but I can only state what I expirence while at MCRD San Diego , back in '69 !

Heck , I may just have to show up at one of those 1066 reunions just to raise hell ! :iwo:

Should be a good time to be with those who went through " HELL " the same time as me ! :D

Quinbo
06-12-11, 01:20 PM
I knew when I started typing that I was gonna forget a few. Yea I've talked to ken a couple of times. I've talked to Tom Rogers a couple of times. There is probably more that I'll think of.

Tennessee Top
06-12-11, 01:38 PM
Met TazMatt last week at MCRD PI. We sat together in the reviewing stands for the graduation ceremony. Of course, we talked a couple times on our cell phones to coordinate the meeting.

Already talking about a reunion when my niece graduates bootcamp in Sept 2012 (she just swore-in and is now a poolee for her senior year in highschool). Taught her some history/traditions and she knew the 14 leadership traits before swearing in (now working on the general orders). She knows how to march like a Marine and has a tight salute/firm handshake. Her recruiter says right now, she is an above-average poolee but we are working on improving that. Took her IST already; struggled with the 1.5 mile run but that was the first time she ever ran it for time. Now, she knows what to expect and what she needs to work on. Working on referrals so she can get contract PFC (looking like the first one is about to commit then only one more to go).

Sgt Jim
06-13-11, 09:56 AM
I have talked to a few of the Marines on Leatherneck,Rocky,Doc Greek,Redman1,AWBrown,EcFree,JerryK,Ken,Marine1955 ,Bulkyker.

Artemis
06-13-11, 11:10 AM
I have talked to quite a few from here on the phone. Hell I even jumped out of a perfectly good airplane with a brother from here back in Novemeber.

YLDNDN6
06-14-11, 01:24 PM
Nope...not yet....