PDA

View Full Version : Thank you parents

USNAviator
06-09-11, 07:50 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all the Marine parents, present and future. I know it's not easy to watch your son or daughter leave home, most likely for the first time and enter into the Corps. At times it must seem surreal

But please understand your child is growing into an adult. He or she has made a conscious decision to serve our country in time of war and thank God that there are young people willing to do so

Be proud of your child, yes I know they don't want to be called that, give them all the love and support you can. I'm glad there are some on here who have started a support network of sorts. As they say, misery loves company..;)

I'll leave you with a bit of advice. Don't hover, don't be a Tea Cup parent, worrying about juniors next duty assignment. He's a Marine, the Corps has made him into a man. Trust in the Corps, trust in his command but most importantly trust in your Marine

POST SCRIP to SEMPERFIMOM

You sent me a PM, I tried to respond but you can't receive PM's. Just want to send along the number for Headquarter Marines Personnel Dept. I know you are concerned where your son will be posted after his initial training, please give them a call. I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer your questions

(1-866-476-2669)

Old Marine
06-09-11, 09:12 PM
I nominate this post for "Post Of The Year."