PDA

View Full Version : It disappeared

Cpl Heglar
06-08-11, 02:13 PM
One day I decided I was going to fulfill my life long goal of reading the Bible straight through starting with the New Testament. I was so moved by Saul / Paul I started going to church straightened up my life and started being a overall better person. Even finances were better although I was giving 10% to the church. I know it makes no sense to all you that do not believe but it is the truth.

Well one day I was sitting in my recliner and a thought popped through my head - If you exist show me a sign. Well let me tell you I am not one to question if God exist for I know better from my early years of life. I continued to think about the inadvertant thought for 24 hours exactly.

My wife was in the kitchen and she opened up a 2 litre of Cheerwine ( Soda pop in the South ) the lid popped up in the air 8 inches from the bottle and poof was gone. It did not hit the floor. I was standing right there and witnessed the event with my own eyes. She said and she will tell you to this day where in the world did that go? I looked all over, In the cabinet all along the floor beside the stove for 45 miniutes I searched and finally realized that it was gone and this was my personal sign.

I had to get a lid off the empty bottle in the trash can for I never found the original and still to this day ponder that one instance when the lid disappeared.

S/F

Cpl Heglar

chulaivet1966
06-08-11, 02:51 PM
I know it makes no sense to all you that do not believe but it is the truth. I searched and finally realized that it was gone and this was my personal sign.
S/FCpl Heglar

Well...I thought you were going to complain about one of our famous, mildly entertaining 'Ask A Marine' threads getting deleted.:)

Since I stopped by...
Per my comment on another thread...people have the choice to believe anything they like that gives them comfort in their daily lives and/or coping with the real world around us.

Oh...'Fo rizzle?'...may I use this term in the future if I mention your name?;)

Carry on Cpl....

Cpl Heglar
06-08-11, 03:00 PM
Sure you Sir can quote me anytime you like.

Rocky C
06-08-11, 03:42 PM
God works in mysterious ways Brother.
Outstanding !!!

ggyoung
06-08-11, 05:06 PM
Sounds like me and my money.

MikeB
06-08-11, 05:26 PM
One day I decided I was going to fulfill my life long goal of reading the Bible straight through starting with the New Testament. I was so moved by Saul / Paul I started going to church straightened up my life and started being a overall better person. Even finances were better although I was giving 10% to the church. I know it makes no sense to all you that do not believe but it is the truth.

Well one day I was sitting in my recliner and a thought popped through my head - If you exist show me a sign. Well let me tell you I am not one to question if God exist for I know better from my early years of life. I continued to think about the inadvertant thought for 24 hours exactly.

My wife was in the kitchen and she opened up a 2 litre of Cheerwine ( Soda pop in the South ) the lid popped up in the air 8 inches from the bottle and poof was gone. It did not hit the floor. I was standing right there and witnessed the event with my own eyes. She said and she will tell you to this day where in the world did that go? I looked all over, In the cabinet all along the floor beside the stove for 45 miniutes I searched and finally realized that it was gone and this was my personal sign.

I had to get a lid off the empty bottle in the trash can for I never found the original and still to this day ponder that one instance when the lid disappeared.

S/F

Cpl Heglar

if enough bad things are happing in your life is that also God's doing?

Osotogary
06-08-11, 05:47 PM
Well, did you drink the Cheerwine or not?

"..she opened up a 2 litre of Cheerwine ( Soda pop in the South ) the lid popped up in the air 8 inches from the bottle and poof was gone."
That's one of the reasons I am planning on coloring everything that I use bright neon orange. Lately I have had trouble finding almost anything I use.
Seriously, I have had unexplainable things happen to me and I just have to "go with the flow". Don't quite know if I have dwelled on these occurrences for long periods of time ...though I somehow have never forgotten them. I suppose that you and your wife will never forget what happened. Perhaps you could buy another bottle of "pop", the same kind, and see if it happens again.
All the best.
Gary