PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Here!

Tegan
06-07-11, 09:40 PM
Don't know if anyone is going to remember me, but I am still here. 16 months after I got off active duty, I have been divorced, moved 6 times, unemployed, had 2 jobs and finished a semester of college.

Have I mentioned being a civilian is the hardest thing I have ever done!

CrockettJW
06-08-11, 10:10 AM
That's a lot of moving around. I don't envy you for that. Hopefully, the divorce was a good move.

Marine84
06-08-11, 08:59 PM
Hey girl! Glad to see you're still kickin'. It's an adjustment getting back in the First Civ Div. It gets better, just give it time.

Marine84
06-08-11, 09:03 PM
OH! And Welcome Home!

sparkie
06-08-11, 09:10 PM
No, I didn't forget, Tegan. Good to see you kickin. Lifes a *****, and I don't care who knows.

Tegan
06-09-11, 07:03 PM
The divorce was a good thing. For sure. I am glad to be back:)

Carpshooter
06-09-11, 07:13 PM
At least you been doing something !

Vandrel
06-09-11, 07:41 PM
Don't know if anyone is going to remember me, but I am still here. 16 months after I got off active duty, I have been divorced, moved 6 times, unemployed, had 2 jobs and finished a semester of college.

Have I mentioned being a civilian is the hardest thing I have ever done!

Welcome back

Look on the bright side....life could always be worse. Only get's better down the road. Civ life is pretty dificult coming off of active duty, no one to tell you who, what, when, where and why 24/7...it's all up to you and if things get bad it's up to you to pick yourself up. At least you are still making it by, sounds like things are picking up for you at least.

I've still been lucky since 09 when I got out, still at the same job and under the same roof. I've sent resume's all over just incase something better comes up or I need a fallback plan.

Tegan
06-09-11, 10:43 PM
Yea, the first year was a biotch. It really sucks when you don't have Marines around you that are all on the same page, you can't make anyone clean anything. Heck, my first Monday at my first job, I accidentally yelled at this kid for not having a haircut! But, he was an Army bootcamp washout, so he kind of had it comin'..

Vandrel
06-10-11, 09:59 AM
lol, I sorta went through the same process as well. Though it was a little harder for me since the job I jumped into was still on Lejeune and working with Marines all day, had to pull myself back...

Sgt Leprechaun
06-10-11, 11:40 PM
Welcome back!

SlingerDun
06-11-11, 12:29 AM
Last i remember you were hunting a bicycle to get around @ Camp Leatherneck??