PDA

View Full Version : Still in the Fight

ryanficken
06-05-11, 11:15 PM
'Rah guys, just wanted to share with you an organization I recently stumbled upon called Still in the Fight. Basically, they're aiming to raise awareness for Wounded Warriors through art and music. Their Facebook description describes it best:

Our mission is simple; to tell the stories of our combat Wounded Warriors from their perspective utilizing artwork, music and other avenues to spread the word about their amazing determination, loyalty, and sacrifices. To pay our respects to those who may be far from the battlefield but are still in the fight.

Storytelling, poetry, image making and songs are the time honored ways we celebrate our warriors, and pass their spirit on to future generations. We are at war today with foes who do not seek to tactically defeat us on the battlefield, but to strategically destroy us from within. Still in the Fight recognizes that our wounded and recovering warriors man the strategic front lines in waging the good fight against breaking our national will. Do not pity them. This only hands their wounds back over to the enemy time and again. Listen to their stories. Look upon their wounds; they are unashamed.

To learn how you can help us help please visit http://www.indiegogo.com/Still-in-the-Fight your contributions will help us tell their stories through national TV, radio news and media outlets. Perks for donating range from advanced copies of songs, videos, T-Shirts, artwork prints, Guitars and more. Every little bit helps.

Please suggest this page to friends and fellow supporters of our Wounded Warriors.

It really is an awesome cause and they've actually visited two Marines from my battalion (following our recent pump in Marjah) up at McGuire. I plan on donating to them soon, and I would encourage you to donate and/or spread the word. Please give it a look, for the Wounded Warriors, if no one else. They deserve this.

Take care, everyone. -Ficken

boomer56328
06-06-11, 03:07 AM
I don't have facebook. Do they have a normal website I could check out?

ryanficken
06-06-11, 06:27 AM
Yeah that link inside the quote there is the website they're currently using, which is where all the donations are going through. It's http://www.indiegogo.com/Still-In-The-Fight