PDA

View Full Version : New recruiter?

robbyj
06-03-11, 10:58 PM
My current recruiters time is up on recruiting duty and is going back to the fleet. I meet my new recruiter on Tuesday. My question is have any of you gone through this situation? I know its not a big deal (and I'm not trying to make it into one) But I'm just wondering who else has had this happen and if it effected them at all.

dk151993
06-03-11, 11:25 PM
Yea my recruiter that DEPed me got out early this year. Nice guy and my recruiter now is cool too.

Buhler
06-04-11, 12:04 AM
Make sure he doesn't forget you, I've seen that happen at my RSS. A few poolees get passed on and the new recruiter doesn't feel as if they're "his" so they dont get as much attention.

Pwork703
06-04-11, 01:49 AM
This happened to me last month. The recruiter who DEPed me in and who I get real close with went back to the fleet. His replacement is a female. I made sure to introduce myself quickly and show her that I am going to give 100% into everything. I would suggest getting off on a good note with your new recruiter. As of right now, they pretty much our only connection into the Marine Corps.

IHaveEGA843
06-04-11, 07:34 AM
The following statements above are all true.

My first recruiter left in March and his replacement *my recruiter now* has done good.

I was never really close to them but only came in to check the progress of my weight on saturdays and some times PT. He's cool with me, always spoke, and held some convo's sometimes. Gave some great info also, I respect him.

Introduce yourself, show you want to be a "for sure" ship by being able to do the IST and other functions at PT. I did and he knows I can do it so he doesn't bother me.

Always be respectful and don't come off cocky or immature. The recruiters do see that build their opinions on you by those actions.

93Reaper
06-04-11, 10:30 AM
Yea my original recruiter got moved to MEPS and now the sncoic just got replaced with Gunny Beado. Just met him on Thursday and he was with the Sergeant Major, my recruiter asked me to go early to Pt and I didn't know why then he put me in a room with the two mentioned Marines. Thought I was in some kind of trouble but they set me up with a new comms contract since mine didn't process the first time. Very good guys, and be intimidated as hell if the Sergeant Major ever gives you his pain or suffering speech. I almost s--t myself when he did it to me.

Honcho1010
06-04-11, 02:15 PM
My recruiter is getting promoted so he moved to the main RSS about 45 minutes from here. We should meet our new recruiter sometime next week. Heard he was on leave.

Kiri
06-06-11, 02:57 PM
happened to me after I DEPed for a few monhs, but as long as you put just a much effort into your new recruiter and training for boot camp you'll be fine.

PooleeGewarges
06-06-11, 05:02 PM
The following statements above are all true.

My first recruiter left in March and his replacement *my recruiter now* has done good.

I was never really close to them but only came in to check the progress of my weight on saturdays and some times PT. He's cool with me, always spoke, and held some convo's sometimes. Gave some great info also, I respect him.

Introduce yourself, show you want to be a "for sure" ship by being able to do the IST and other functions at PT. I did and he knows I can do it so he doesn't bother me.

Always be respectful and don't come off cocky or immature. The recruiters do see that build their opinions on you by those actions.

You still shipping out the 27th of June? If so, your coming with me.