PDA

View Full Version : The Old Rugged Cross

Tude
10-20-03, 02:18 PM
http://www.mamarocks.com/crosstwo.gif

Yesterday I put a picture of The Old Rugged Cross with a URL for the music and Prayer .It was posted on .com this is a military (Marine site) I visit everyday.
And the below letter stems from that.PRAISE JESUS.

So strange this is posted here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, at my church a man was hitch-hiking by and stopped in to attend Sunday School and church services.

He was wearing a cap that said "Vietnam Veteran" and he very respectfully took it off as he entered the front door. The only other thing he had with him was a worn duffle bag.

He said he had come from Virginia and was on his way to Biloxi, Mississippi where he had a job waiting for him. (We are in Kentucky, by the way.) Anyway, before church started he asked one of the singer's if they would sing "The Old Rugged Cross" because he knew that song by heart.

So church started and they sang a couple of songs, but had not yet gotten to sing his song yet. Suddenly a lady that frequents our church started up the isle. She had gotten there late and was sitting in the back. She said she felt like the Lord wanted her to sing that morning and if weren't for that, she certainly would not be up there. (If you knew how quiet and shy she is you would understand what she meant.) So she began to sing "The Old Rugged Cross" with no music or instruments to accompany her.

I had never heard her say many words let alone sing, and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. When she was done, everyone including the hitch-hiker had tears in their eyes. What amazes me is that she came in late and didn't know he had requested that particular song.

Anyway, during prayer requests, the man raised his hand and requested prayer for all our veterans and service members. Our church gave him some money and bought him a bus ticket to Mississippi. My parents took him to eat after church. I'm sorry that I never got his name, but I did shake his hand and thank him for his service. I also never asked what branch of service he had been in, because yesterday it didn't matter. He was a Veteran.

This is as real as it gets folks.Believe ,I do.

God Bless All
Jimmy/Tude