PDA

View Full Version : 15 credits

super0321
05-30-11, 05:17 PM
if someone doesnt have a ged or diploma, but has 15 college credits, can they still enlist with just those credits? :banana:

Lisa 23
05-30-11, 05:46 PM
Ged/diploma/college Credit Question...start Here
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96657

super0321
05-30-11, 11:34 PM
i have the 15 credits, and there 100 level,but i dont have a ged or diploma!! im freakin asking this cuz its confusing how they always change up the stupid pilocy for enlistement or whatever, make it plain and simple yes or no.. can i join without a ged or diploma BUT WITH JUST 15 100 LEVEL COLLEGE CREDITS? :devious:

NeverQuit
05-31-11, 02:58 AM
If you would have read the information in the link provided you would have gotten a very clear answer. The answer is yes the 15 will do but then the next part is can you get a recruiter to spend time on you.

ritter
05-31-11, 03:04 AM
I bet none of those credits are in English. In order to join the Corps with your college credits you need to have completed at least the 10th grade.

doc h fmf
05-31-11, 07:02 AM
Boy There Is One Thing I Dont Understand ??? Whats So Hard About Completing High School? I Mean I Was No Genius By Any Stretch Of The Imagination, But My Parents Always Told Me If I Was To Get By In Life You Would Need A High School Diploma

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

super0321
05-31-11, 07:21 AM
lemme tell all of you something...I DIDNT DROP OUT BECAUSE IM A ****ING QUITER OK, I BEEN GOING THRU ALOT OF ****, ALOT OF ****ING **** IN MY ****IN LIFE OK, AND SCHOOL WAS JUST BECOMING TO HARD BECAUSE I WAS TO STRESSED FROM WHAT WAS GOING ON AT HOME AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ****ING DAD OK!!!. NOW LIKE I WAS ****ING SAYING!!THERES NOTHING HARD ABOUT COMPLETING IT OK DUDE!! THINGS ****IN HAPPEN, WELL YOU KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR PARENTS SAID DUDE!, :mad: EVERYTHING ****IN OK NOW A LITTLE BIT OK, AND I GOT MY 15 CREDITS!! SO DONT BE TELLIN ME IM A QUITER OR MY MOMMA SAID THIS MY DADDY SAID THAT BULL****. I WORKED ****IN HARD FOR THESE DAMN CREDITS, OH AND GUESS WHATS FUNNY MY SCHOOL TEACHER SAID SINCE THERE ALL 100 LEVEL CREDITS...ITS CONSIDERD A DIPLOMA..NOY GED BUT DIPLOMA! SO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY...THAT ****ED ME OFF DUDE I SWEAR. AND I COMPLETED THE 12TH GRADE BUT DIDNT PASS THE TEST TO GRADUATE, THATS CALLED A ****IN SOL TEST, SO WHOOPTY DOO!!!!

USNAviator
05-31-11, 07:59 AM
My sympathies on the loss of your Dad. Was he KIA?

SSgt Lamie
05-31-11, 08:22 AM
Super0321, you need to understand that the people that are in here answering your questions are Marines and Sailors (Either active or retired) so you need to watch your tone on the forum. There are very few Recruiters that frequent these posts, so when you ask a Recruiting related question you may not get the answer that you are looking for. Everyone in here will speak their mind, and not hold any punches with them. If you wanted someone to sugarcoat it and give you the answer that you want, they you should have picked up the phone and called a Recruiter.

The short answer to your question is that you could potentialy enlist with the 15 credits, but it depends on the Operations Officer at the MEPS that you will go through to enlist. He has the final say on if your 15 credits are good enough or not. No one in the Recruiting force is hurting to find enlistments, so more than likely these guys will be more inclined to work with someone who already has a High School diploma.

Again, if you want answers go to or call an actual Recruiter and don't come in here b****ing to Marines and Sailors who aren't going to shead a tear for you at all.

Lisa 23
05-31-11, 09:08 AM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/th_helicoptersmiley.gif (http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/?action=view&current=helicoptersmiley.gif) http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/th_helicoptersmiley.gif (http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/?action=view&current=helicoptersmiley.gif)

USNAviator
05-31-11, 09:21 AM
I'm a little confused here Marino. According to your Facebook page you're already in the Corps. And you attended the Citadel? Didn't you get any credits while matriculating? I know where Bayside High is, we use to fly into Oceana. With all those languages why not go into the private sector?

Marino Tjonameeuw

recon marine/sniper/marsoc at United States Marine Corps (http://www.facebook.com/marinecorps)Studied at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Citadel-The-Military-College-of-South-Carolina/108109575884009)http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/yu/r/SA7oMHm2R-u.pngKnows Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch and 9 others

(http://www.facebook.com/ajax/browser/dialog/?type=pages&ids%5B0%5D=106059522759137&ids%5B1%5D=110485178971978&ids%5B2%5D=112624162082677&ids%5B3%5D=107623259267486&ids%5B4%5D=113153272032690&ids%5B5%5D=102433623166375&ids%5B6%5D=103755242996777&ids%5B7%5D=107489262613560&ids%5B8%5D=182128945143494&title=Languages)
Education and Work

Employers

(http://www.facebook.com/marinecorps)United States Marine Corps (http://www.facebook.com/marinecorps)
recon marine/sniper/marsoc
marine corps special operations.
College

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=bc2aa6c0e2b23add0019a2b7fb4997f9&w=50&h=50&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia% 2Fen%2Fe%2Fed%2FCitadelcrest.jpg&crop (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Citadel-The-Military-College-of-South-Carolina/108109575884009)The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Citadel-The-Military-College-of-South-Carolina/108109575884009)

High School

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/static-ak/rsrc.php/v1/yy/r/v8doHqXa0TN.png (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bayside-High/110930985597688)Bayside High (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bayside-High/110930985597688)
Class of 2009

super0321
05-31-11, 09:24 AM
my father was a marsoc marine. gunny sgt diego,47, died trying to save a life of a young marine that reminded him of me, the young marine lived and he died in a fire fight trying to protect him. im still broke about it,i cant get over it because the rest of my brothers and cousins are dead from war and its just me left now :iwo: i no yoiu guys are trying to help, thank you, i just have a quick temper ,so my apologies. i got alot on my damn mind.

super0321
05-31-11, 09:26 AM
you know what go ahead and boot me i dont care, this is just a website lmao wont hurt me, im gunna make it to the corps!!!!

super0321
05-31-11, 09:28 AM
USNAviator (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=69922) thats not real dude, just a dream, i did get accepted into that school tho, but i dont noif i wanna go. and the jobs are what my dads

USNAviator
05-31-11, 09:34 AM
my father was a marsoc marine. gunny sgt diego,47, died trying to save a life of a young marine that reminded him of me, the young marine lived and he died in a fire fight trying to protect him. im still broke about it,i cant get over it because the rest of my brothers and cousins are dead from war and its just me left now :iwo: i no yoiu guys are trying to help, thank you, i just have a quick temper ,so my apologies. i got alot on my damn mind.

Marino, I'm sorry once again about the loss of your Dad. Did this happen in Iraq?

USNAviator
05-31-11, 09:47 AM

This gets even better and better. Your father was a 47 yo Gunny yet in your profile he was

Favorite MarineCAPTAIN JAMES TJONAMEEUW(MARSOC SNIPER AND..MY DAD)R.I.P..I LOVE YOU

super0321
05-31-11, 09:53 AM
thats my steph dad you fool, he was an abusive father but i still respected him for what he did!!!!! i see your testing me eh?!go ahead and **** around >:| .
and i dont know where he died they didnt tell me.

super0321
05-31-11, 09:55 AM
i see there are just some marines and wannabe's up here that like to talk **** and discourage other guys that wanna be marines!!!!:devious:

super0321
05-31-11, 10:12 AM
man!!!! i swear dude!. yeah iknow you all do cuz cuz of what u go thru!, but still...all this BS is very discouraging in this freakin life, especially comin from brazil and these ****in recruiters in VA being such ****in liers about stuff!! I RESPECT YA'LL! ok, dont think that i dont cuz i freakin do!, now like i said.............nevermind :devious:

super0321
05-31-11, 10:18 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH SNAP YOU ARE FUNNY, I WILL BE IN THE MARINES !!! . I AINT DISSIN NOBODY, YOUR DISSIN ME, and u act like i got ****in anger probs, most war fighters with anger probs are marines so dont throw that **** in my face! im going to be a marine whether you like it or not haha lmao this is so funny!. good bye uncle sams misguided child.

super0321
05-31-11, 10:22 AM
your really really............ugh >:P, dude u r so so omg, like u really think im the worst one? u probably told so many other guys the same thing u freakin told me. and stop actin hard, and u cant stop me from joining, im joining for me and my ****in father, not gunna fight for this country or gov, only fighting for wtf i believe in!! but u dont care lol, so go ahead say what ya want now dude.

advanced
05-31-11, 10:24 AM
I'm going to lighten things up with an old Marine Corps joke. "I'm going to rip off your f'ning head and shiit in the hole." So you wann b me, ain't gonna happen. You have no self control. Go away boy, don't go away mad, just go away.

super0321
05-31-11, 10:27 AM
and you think that me joining the military is bad for this country and the corps?!!?!?!! whatever hahahaha you dont know me, you really dont. so stop taking this so serious dude!!! and i aint disrespecting you!! so stop saying that a freakin am cuz i aint!!!!!, im just trying to tell u whats going on, cuz recruiters here seem prejudice towards hispanics>:| , u no what, yeah im having a smart ass mouth right now. u no why??!! no u dont, lemme tell u why,. discrimination!!!!haters,prejudice recruiters!!! dead family from ****in war!!, so go ahead and keep on gettin ****y with me, idc. like i said im gunna be a marine and fight fo rme and my fallen family member and fallen troops that i knew. nobody can stop me.

Xenu
05-31-11, 10:28 AM
lemme tell all of you something...I DIDNT DROP OUT BECAUSE IM A ****ING QUITER OK, I BEEN GOING THRU ALOT OF ****, ALOT OF ****ING **** IN MY ****IN LIFE OK, AND SCHOOL WAS JUST BECOMING TO HARD BECAUSE I WAS TO STRESSED FROM WHAT WAS GOING ON AT HOME AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ****ING DAD OK!!!. NOW LIKE I WAS ****ING SAYING!!THERES NOTHING HARD ABOUT COMPLETING IT OK DUDE!! THINGS ****IN HAPPEN, WELL YOU KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR PARENTS SAID DUDE!, :mad: EVERYTHING ****IN OK NOW A LITTLE BIT OK, AND I GOT MY 15 CREDITS!! SO DONT BE TELLIN ME IM A QUITER OR MY MOMMA SAID THIS MY DADDY SAID THAT BULL****. I WORKED ****IN HARD FOR THESE DAMN CREDITS, OH AND GUESS WHATS FUNNY MY SCHOOL TEACHER SAID SINCE THERE ALL 100 LEVEL CREDITS...ITS CONSIDERD A DIPLOMA..NOY GED BUT DIPLOMA! SO WATCH WHAT YOU SAY...THAT ****ED ME OFF DUDE I SWEAR. AND I COMPLETED THE 12TH GRADE BUT DIDNT PASS THE TEST TO GRADUATE, THATS CALLED A ****IN SOL TEST, SO WHOOPTY DOO!!!!

yeah, with a temper like that maybe you don't belong in this organization

USNAviator
05-31-11, 10:30 AM
This is comical. Do you have an Illuminati tat? I know it's an odd question but given the amount of bs in this thread it would make sense.........:cool:

Lisa I think you're right.!!

super0321
05-31-11, 10:30 AM
why do u have to be such a jerk!!! i got on this site trying to get some ****in help with going to the freakin corps cuz there rascist recruiters here in va man! i can control myself by the way, i just do it when i want to. like i said dude just chill out now man geez like wtf, its just a freakin site , u act like ur the president.

Mongoose
05-31-11, 10:31 AM
You couldn't carry a Marines ammo belt, punk. Your as close to the Marine Corps right now, as you'll ever be. Your a fvcking liar to boot.

camogirl
05-31-11, 10:32 AM
Wow... you sure picked a great name for yourself there super..... your super rude, super dis-respectful, super un-educated, so man up punk and treat the gentlemen on here with respect... better yet just wait for the blk helo to come and ban your punk azz.....

Cpl Heglar
your really really............ugh >:P, dude u r so so omg, like u really think im the worst one? u probably told so many other guys the same thing u freakin told me. and stop actin hard, and u cant stop me from joining, im joining for me and my ****in father, not gunna fight for this country or gov, only fighting for wtf i believe in!! but u dont care lol, so go ahead say what ya want now dude.

No he aint BS'n you by far are the worst and have no place in my Marine Corps. If you try to join and make it to Boot will be recycled 3 times and end up in the motivational plattoon. Stop living a fantasy life and don't waste your time by joining. There is no place in the Marine Corps for people like you.

Cpl Kevin D. Heglar
USMC

super0321
no i dont have an illuminatti tat or what ever there called, come on man! give me a freakin break alright geez. just chill out now man.

USNAviator
05-31-11, 10:35 AM
Lep just signed on

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-11, 10:36 AM
Permabanned with the note "Goodbye, Fuvckwad, Barber college looks good for you".

Enjoy your trainwreck of a worthless good for nothing life, turd. You couldn't lead a girl scout troop to cookies.

Typical punk azzed sense of entitlement. I don't normally advocate an azz beatin, but in this case, I'd make an exception to that rule.

My crystal ball forsee-eth a long career in the 'porta john cleaning' industry.

Xenu
05-31-11, 10:40 AM
His choice of words sounds just like someone we all know and don't love on here.

who? :marine:

USNAviator
05-31-11, 10:41 AM
Permabanned with the note "Goodbye, Fuvckwad, Barber college looks good for you".

Enjoy your trainwreck of a worthless good for nothing life, turd. You couldn't lead a girl scout troop to cookies.

Typical punk azzed sense of entitlement. I don't normally advocate an azz beatin, but in this case, I'd make an exception to that rule.

My crystal ball forsee-eth a long career in the 'porta john cleaning' industry.

Thank you Jason. I enjoyed his tales about not only his father being in MARSOC but also his step father. What are the odds?.....:D

And his Facebook page was an extra added treat

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-11, 10:45 AM
Lets not...but I don't think it's one of the usual bored USMC trolls.

"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity".

That would seem to be the case, here, in my opinion.

He didn't RATE a 'weary' or a sigh. Bottom feeders usually don't.

:)

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-11, 10:51 AM
Yup. Sad but true.

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 10:52 AM

I'm far from naive but sometimes I can't focking believe the attitude some of these sh!thead wannabes exhibit.

On the 'Barber College' thing he probably should just sweep up the hair as allowing him remotely close to a pair of (cringing) scissors may not be a good idea.

Goooood morning.....

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 10:59 AM
Wayne, I really can't believe post 18 out of all the others, it stands out because of it's title, completely unnecessary but what do we expect from these people.
I hope he never enters the United States military under any circumstances.

Oh...I'm in pretty fair health but I saw that and about had a coronary!
Can you hear it?....that's my blood boiling in my temporal lobes.
I see this sh!t and....FVCK!....nevermind.
I'd best take the 5th (not "Fighting Fifth") at this moment.

Also...the splendid names they come up with for themselves?
I should call myself something more catchy.....'superreconstud'....'killersniperstud'. ...'superscoutkitcarsonstud'....and they are all still in high school.
JoyJoy...

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 11:05 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is---bad parenting.

Correct....but DON't take me there....that's a thread alllllll it's own.

USNAviator
05-31-11, 11:11 AM
Yep. They love to hate. There are hundreds of thousands of them and you run into them all the time. The first thing that comes to mind is---bad parenting.

Yes Dave lets have a little sympathy for the POS. His 47 year old Gunny dad or was it his step dad died in a firefight saving the life of a Marine who reminded him of Marino. Then his dad/step dad was a Capt in MARSOC and a sniper who is also deceased. But he was abusive, I think, I'm so confused dude.........:D

He has at least two Facebook pages. The one I posted and on the other one he's in the Navy SEALs, not to be confused with the Barnum and Bailey seals. He's a special operator, I guess he handles the long distance calls

SSgt Lamie
05-31-11, 01:52 PM
This guy has no chance in getting in the Marine Corps anyways. If he walks into any Recruiting Office with the attitude that someone owes he something because he Dad, Stepdad, brother, Uncle, Cousin, Old Neighbor, or Facebook Friend was KIA they will simply show him the door and tell him not to come back. Recruiting isn't hard at all these days and I don't know any Recruiter that will work with him at all.

Give it a bit and take a trip to VA to visit this guy bagging groceries or flipping bugers with stories of how the Marines F****d him.

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 02:05 PM
ok-----LOL

I'll tell you, though----and I won't go any further----it is not a minor problem like some people think.

Ha....

I concur...it's a MAJOR problem and I have some strong opinions about it.

Back to topic.....

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 02:09 PM
He has at least two Facebook pages. The one I posted and on the other one he's in the Navy SEALs, He's a special operator,

Ohhh...I got it....he must be in the Black Ops Youth Unit.
That's why he's so *salty*....;)

USNAviator
05-31-11, 02:11 PM
Just in case anyone would like to visit his Facebook page the name is

Marino Tjonameeuw

As of right now the page is still up. Perhaps a few comments about this POS lies would not be out or order. I'm sure not all of his "friends" know the truth about him

Don't forget to mention how bad you feel that his dad, step dad, brother,sister,, dog, cat, gerbil and assorted out family members were all KIA in service to our country. Oh and since he speaks 9 languages, I'm sure he'll understand what you post

USNAviator
05-31-11, 02:12 PM
Ohhh...I got it....he must be in the Black Ops Youth Unit.
That's why he's so *salty*....;)

Either that or the Hitler Youth Wayne. He's seems unbalanced enough to have qualified

chulaivet1966
05-31-11, 02:26 PM
Either that or the Hitler Youth Wayne. He's seems unbalanced enough to have qualified

Good point.

Hmmm....a Hispanic/Latin/German/Nazi from Virginia.
I learn something every day.

Looks like chopper extracts occurred early on this one....I can keep my signal flares for the next insurgent infiltration.

Cpl Heglar
05-31-11, 02:28 PM
Wow 5 whole pages due to a little bit of controversy.

03Mike
05-31-11, 08:24 PM
Yeah, but no one asked the question -- how did he get into college to get those 15 credits if he didn't have a high school diploma or GED?

Xenu
05-31-11, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but no one asked the question -- how did he get into college to get those 15 credits if he didn't have a high school diploma or GED?

Most colleges don't require you to show a diploma if you're not in a degree program, especially community and junior colleges. Usually if you didn't graduate in that state - be it by not getting any kind of diploma or graduating high school in another state - you'll have to take a basic entrance exam which stand in lieu of the state graduation requirements. But generally you can walk into any local college in the country and apply to take classes with minimal restrictions.

USNAviator
05-31-11, 09:43 PM

Mike he was accepted into the Citadel!!! It's tougher getting into Sam's School of Law and Auto Body repair than it is getting into the Citadel. F$CKING A$$HOLE

Xenu
05-31-11, 10:27 PM
I got a buddy at the citadel now

he was banned from here too :p

Sgt Leprechaun
06-01-11, 06:24 AM
LOL. Really? By evil Leprechauns or before them? :) Drop me a PM.

And, I think this one has gone on long enough...point made.