PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information about father

jelliott
05-30-11, 08:33 AM
I am trying to find out more information about my father. His name is Thomas R. (Tom) Elliott. He passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 58. I do not know much about my fathers service as he never talked about it. He was in the USMC from 1969 to 1973. At the time he became a Marine he lived in Illinois and moved to Idaho when he returned from Okinawa. I am hoping to find someone who may have known him. He entered boot-camp with his cousin Clayton Elliott. The only thing I do know is that he spent time in Okinawa. I do not know what unit he was with or what he did there. This is some of the information that I would like to find out. Thank you!

jelliott
05-30-11, 11:46 AM
Thanks for looking, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have also requested information from the National Archives. I have a few pictures at home from his time in Okinawa. Hopefully that may spark some memories. Would love to learn more about him. He was a quiet man and never talked about his service much. All I remember him telling me was that he was at Parris Island, San Diego and Okinawa.